WC HOSTING Landscape Changes: USA wary of Morocco...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
WC HOSTING Landscape Changes: USA wary of Morocco...

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WC HOSTING Landscape Changes: USA wary of Morocco...

Post by deanotito »

Joint hosting???? As if the US and Canada are not big enough already...too much travel
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I though Drumpf was making Amerika great again?!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

deanotito wrote:Joint hosting???? As if the US and Canada are not big enough already...too much travel

I AGREE

Any one of these countries is big enough, but three? No. But then can Morocco handle it?
Bell
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Sepp Blatter is already working the phones. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:Joint hosting???? As if the US and Canada are not big enough already...too much travel
...yep, but comfortable travels. Dem get the luxury planes to ferry players. Many in the football world compalined before 1994 too.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote:
...yep, but comfortable travels. Dem get the luxury planes to ferry players. Many in the football world compalined before 1994 too.
Tell that to "muslim countries" and Muhammad or Ali.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

mcal wrote:
Naah....thats still a lot of travel. Unless of course they plan to be a little smart...no use having 1 group match in Guadalajara and the next group match in Alaska. If they can concentrate group games in a country/region, it could work....but it just seems so needless. Any one of the 3 countries could host on their own
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bell wrote:

I AGREE

Any one of these countries is big enough, but three? No. But then can Morocco handle it?
Bell
Morocco can handle it more than south Africa could
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:
mcal wrote:
Naah....thats still a lot of travel. Unless of course they plan to be a little smart...no use having 1 group match in Guadalajara and the next group match in Alaska. If they can concentrate group games in a country/region, it could work....but it just seems so needless. Any one of the 3 countries could host on their own
...agree, too far-flung. Regional group matches, yes.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Has the World Cup not been co-hosted previously? Did one group have games spread all over the place? Reality is that we have not yet seen USA/Mex/Canada plan. Do not think that co-hosting lacks benefits. Problem though is that because voting system has changed it will require globe trotting to now have a winning bid.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Kabalega wrote:Sepp Blatter is already working the phones. :)
That crook is the last person anyone needs on football related issues.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The USA bid will fail and i will laugh tire. :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

felarey wrote:

Keep calling Blatter a crook. We all know an even bigger crook occupies the White House. :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:
felarey wrote:

Keep calling Blatter a crook. We all know an even bigger crook occupies the White House. :laugh:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Somehow, I knew you wouldn't support the USA bid. I am against it too. I would rather travel to Morocco than be flying 5 hours from one venue to the other in USA/Canada/Mexico
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

At the end of the day money talks! There is much more money to be made NA bid compared to Morocco.

People forget that South Americans actually considered hosting the Copa America in US/Mexico - all na money!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tmex12 wrote:At the end of the day money talks! There is much more money to be made NA bid compared to Morocco.

People forget that South Americans actually considered hosting the Copa America in US/Mexico - all na money!

Not enough money to go around. Remember all FIFA member countries will get a vote. That travel ban is a concern for many countries.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

bret- hart wrote:
felarey wrote:

I thought we want to keep politics out of football. Bringing it into play will be the easiest way to lose it. Remember all the comments from the west when South Africa hosted it. Let’s just thank them for inviting us to their party every four years. Nobody will close ranks on Morocco that their fans probably think is ISIS, low pressure cold showers territory.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote: Sepp Blatter is already working the phones. :)
I hope so. This is his time for a payback for those who ruin his position or caused him to lose his job.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:The USA bid will fail and i will laugh tire. :laugh:
I hope it does if they try it. The USA need to stay away from hosting for now. They are NOT the only country capable of hosting it. Greediness never ends well in most cases. On the other hand, if given a choice, FIFA might be willing to let the USA host the tournament every time because of the money they stand to make.
Last edited by Odas on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote: Sepp Blatter is already working the phones. :)
I hope so. This is his time for a payback for those who ruin his position or caused him to lose his job.
His greed ruined his position. Isn’t he banned from football related activities? Blatter is one sure way to lose as the narrative won’t be in his favour. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. It’s very winnable for Morocco but Blatter and politics are non starters. They need a comprehensive campaign and outreach program. South Africa was zoned to Africa and even that was contested. Let’s not kid ourselves, we’re being invited to the party, they’ve been giving us the outfit to wear to the party and now we want to upstage the host and organize the party. With beggar nations where administrators are willing to sell their soul talkless country for ten thousand dollars.

Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

And will fans be allowed in?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf