Nacho Hangs + assist on top!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Nacho Hangs + assist on top!

Post by osita »

Tobi17 wrote:I'm really excited about Nacho+Ajayi combination.
You have some insight, I thought of it too.

Igahlo lacks the movement and pace of ajayi
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

There is no doubt Ajayi and Ighalo performances in the forthcoming World Cup will definitely be a reminiscent of Batholomen Ogbeche and Emenike performances in their world cups appearances. Those two are the worst strikers Nigeria ever took to them World Cups . Unfortunately there were high expectations and sanguine feelings about them before the tournaments. Surely Rohr will take one or two of them to the World Cup unfortunately the tournament is far higher above their leagues. No question about it their contributions will be colossally insignificant.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:Really good showing from nacho man, he’s getting his mojo back.
He is...and I pray the mojo grows even bigger than it was before.
Nacho is a confidence player and E no go better for all those managers that tried to sap his confidence.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote:
theDunamis wrote:I honestly believe people underestimate the intelligence (to devise) + talent (to execute) that Nacho possesses. Agreed that he's had his bumps but as the saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent.
I agree with you my brother. Been sayin this. There's a reason why city put a but back claus on him. His IQ is just...rare top. What he has in spades is the stuff you can hardly teach
Gotta give it to you guys that kept believing. I nor go lie, I was beginning to despair small-small, thinking maybe I was wrong about him.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You agents must be dreaming if you think ighalo that helped us qualify for world cu and is familiar with the team will be dropped for ajayi. Ajayi must work his way to the top echelon of super eagles. Right nw, kelechi is our top 9 while ighalo is his replacement
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
icee wrote:
theDunamis wrote:I honestly believe people underestimate the intelligence (to devise) + talent (to execute) that Nacho possesses. Agreed that he's had his bumps but as the saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent.
I agree with you my brother. Been sayin this. There's a reason why city put a but back claus on him. His IQ is just...rare top. What he has in spades is the stuff you can hardly teach
Nacho is most effective when there is movement around him, we saw this vs Kenya and also v Argentina. With iwobi, Moses and Mikel around him he’ll have plenty of options and lanes to move and pass into. The real issue is whether or not he starts ahead of Oghalo or alongside him.?
That assist to Mahrez....how many times have we Nigerians seen him make that exact same killer pass in his young career? Countless times. Awoniyi will testify. Yahaya will testify.
This is the Nacho we always knew. :clap: :clap: :clap:
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

That pass should be regarded as a goal. Simply sublime
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

osita wrote:

I haven't seen Ajayi play for Nigeria yet. So I will not buy your hype.

Ighalo movement skills is very good. His pace is good enough to get the job done. His only problem is he is not a clinical finisher.

Ighalo is the starter. Iheanacho is the super sub.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

imehjunior wrote:That pass should be regarded as a goal. Simply sublime
How about the assist to Vardy? Nacho was simply on fire and this is the player that needs to start for Nigeria @ World Cup his touch was fantastic
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

Ighalo movement skills is very good. His pace is good enough to get the job done. His only problem is he is not a clinical finisher.

So not finishing is not an issue in the world cup? If Ajayi brings in that edge over Ighalo then I believe he should be go to the world cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

So not finishing is not an issue in the world cup? If Ajayi brings in that edge over Ighalo then I believe he should be go to the world cup.
You may be right. But I haven't seen Ajayi in GWG. I have seen Ighalo play for Nigeria. Ighalo is okay. Awoniyi and the guy in Holland is also playing well. Nigeria have options.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

You may be right. But I haven't seen Ajayi in GWG. I have seen Ighalo play for Nigeria. Ighalo is okay. Awoniyi and the guy in Holland is also playing well. Nigeria have options.

You people must be able on something. You want to be an unknown quality in Ajayi to face proven top defenders and hope to make it out of the group. What kind of logic is that? That’s a very African way of thinking... 2+2 is the same as 22.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

You people must be able on something. You want to be an unknown quality in Ajayi to face proven top defenders and hope to make it out of the group. What kind of logic is that? That’s a very African way of thinking... 2+2 is the same as 22.
''Never say never, never say always" they used to tell us.
Ajayi has a precedent...in Emmanuel Amuneke in '94.
You know the rest. :idea:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Playing for Al Ahly is not the same as playing for Nigeria. The upcoming friendlies should be a good test for Ajayi. Not the first time we have gone through this kind of hyping on CE. We all remember Anthony Ujah and etc.

We are not even sure if Ajayi will make the world cup trip right now.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let Ajayi score for Nigeria first. Isn't this how we heard how Nwakeme or whatever his name is was going to take over the SE? If i were Ajayi I would do whatever it takes to make sure i score even I come on in the 90th minute. Or he can just forget any real chance of featuring for the SE. The good news for many of these players on the bubble is that the ANC qualifiers are later this year.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bully12 wrote:There is no doubt Ajayi and Ighalo performances in the forthcoming World Cup will definitely be a reminiscent of Batholomen Ogbeche and Emenike performances in their world cups appearances. Those two are the worst strikers Nigeria ever took to them World Cups . Unfortunately there were high expectations and sanguine feelings about them before the tournaments. Surely Rohr will take one or two of them to the World Cup unfortunately the tournament is far higher above their leagues. No question about it their contributions will be colossally insignificant.
Uncle Bambully, are you sure you watch the games, or are you guilty of watching under the influence of what you accuse 1Naija of?

Emenike had a brilliant 2014 World Cup. His assist to Musa for the 2nd goal against Argentina was simply genius (and showed he does not deserve Chairman's nickname of Ogba na Chance). Contrast this to the horrible Babamessi who was tackled into a lucky assist for the 1st goal after running into traffic.

Emenike had another good assist for the SE for Osaze against Bosnia, & that helped us get our only win in the tournament.

He scored a goal against France that was ruled offside by the tightest margins. Those are 3moments of serious impact in 4 games that I can recall without thinking. (He & Cmoke had other moments of serious impact in Brasilia clubs, but let's keep it PG & football related). I'm not sure how that qualifies him as the worst Nigerian striker at a World Cup. He was one of our better players in Brazil. About 7-8 players were carrying the team, and he was one of them.

Meanwhile the Babamessi that some silly folks here are trying revisionist history with (forgetting that you actually should have some deep insight or new information to be successfully contrarian) did nothing of note in the World Cup outside of his assist by mistake to Musa, and getting his hand fractured in the same match by getting in the way of Onazi's goal bound effort that would have given us an equalizer.

Meanwhile, Uncle Bambully, don't you owe me some money, or do bets here not count for anything anymore?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Playing for Al Ahly is not the same as playing for Nigeria. The upcoming friendlies should be a good test for Ajayi. Not the first time we have gone through this kind of hyping on CE. We all remember Anthony Ujah and etc.

Duh!
Playing for Arsenal, Chelsea, Las Palmas, Leicester, Mainz, Torino or whoever, is not the same as playing for the SE.
Your argument is self-defeating becos playing for Ifeanyi Uba FC, Plateau United or Chippa United isn't 'the same' either.
So your point is totally O.P. :idea:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Happy for Nacho, keep it up
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Playing for Al Ahly is not the same as playing for Nigeria. The upcoming friendlies should be a good test for Ajayi. Not the first time we have gone through this kind of hyping on CE. We all remember Anthony Ujah and etc.

Duh!
Playing for Arsenal, Chelsea, Las Palmas, Leicester, Mainz, Torino or whoever, is not the same as playing for the SE.
Your argument is self-defeating becos playing for Ifeanyi Uba FC, Plateau United or Chippa United isn't 'the same' either.
The point I was trying to make is Ajayi scoring 20 goals at Al Ahly don't automatically make hhim better than Ighalo for the SE. Ighalo is a proven commodity. He was there when we needed him in qualification. I still have Cameroon game in Uyo on my computer.

Anyways back to Iheanacho. This thread is about Iheanacho not Ajayi.

The Nacho man is getting better. I like his progress.

BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

imehjunior wrote:That pass should be regarded as a goal. Simply sublime
We are on same page, I almost posted same. I preferred the assist to the goal. I am happy for him. With his creative side showing up more consistently Okazaki shouldn’t bench him again unless for serious tactical reasons. More welcome headache for Rohr as per selection and tactics.

To be honest he needs to improve his ball handing skills so he can fill in the current Mikel role from time to time. But needs regular game time and confidence. I still feel Leicester was the wrong team for his development, but who knows! More of this Kele :thumb:
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Nacho is already on the plane just like Mikel and Rohr's core players.......Ajayi is fighting the like of Ighalo
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Duh!
The point I was trying to make is Ajayi scoring 20 goals at Al Ahly don't automatically make hhim better than Ighalo for the SE. Ighalo is a proven commodity. He was there when we needed him in qualification. I still have Cameroon game in Uyo on my computer.

Anyways back to Iheanacho. This thread is about Iheanacho not Ajayi.

The Nacho man is getting better. I like his progress.
You we're trying to belittle Ahly FC and damunk called you out, now you are signing a different tune.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

What league did most Egyptian players play in when they won the ANC like 4 times in a row? Abou Treika played in the Egyptian league when he was embarrassing players who played in Spain, England etc etc.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST