Messiii ... I've just had a Nightmare about 9ja's Group...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Messiii ... I've just had a Nightmare about 9ja's Group...

Post by Kabalega »

I'm drenched in sweat.
Naija's group was tight, but Iceland was on top. It all came down to the last games.... when it happened. :scared:

So I went on YouTube minding my business, and watching anything but soccer, you know just to take my mind off the nightmare. But guess what I kept coming across. :woot:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, a video is worth a lot more! Enjoy. :D

Be sure to check out the clip at 6:10.
Na wah for Mikel, it was like taking candy from a baby. :laugh:

[/video]

BTW, this video does not include Messi's insane World Cup qualification exploits. :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Kabalega on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Messiii ... I've just had a Nightmare about 9ja's Group.

Post by gochino »

Lol that's Mikel for you! The person who robbed you of the ball is sprinting towards goal all others are sprinting to catch up with him and Mikel just casually jogs back!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

gochino wrote:Lol that's Mikel for you! The person who robbed you of the ball is sprinting towards goal all others are sprinting to catch up with him and Mikel just casually jogs back!
I do believe that along with Mikel is our best outfield player of the last decade.

BUT I will agree that Mikel does not do enough dirty work in the team, and he does have a hint of bigmanism in his blood.

As far as Mikel loyalists go I am probably in the 90% bracket, heck maybe even 95%, with Bigpokey in the 100% bracket...but you cannot deny the FACTS, the bobo is a bigman.

There is no way you should lose the ball like that and not track back.

If we were a team loaded with stars, that would be a benchable offense.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

A nightmare for you means we topped the group easily. So I guess it's good news for us if your nightmare comes true. :thumb:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tbite wrote:
gochino wrote:Lol that's Mikel for you! The person who robbed you of the ball is sprinting towards goal all others are sprinting to catch up with him and Mikel just casually jogs back!
I do believe that along with Mikel is our best outfield player of the last decade.

BUT I will agree that Mikel does not do enough dirty work in the team, and he does have a hint of bigmanism in his blood.

As far as Mikel loyalists go I am probably in the 90% bracket, heck maybe even 95%, with Bigpokey in the 100% bracket...but you cannot deny the FACTS, the bobo is a bigman.

Very talented player indeed but some times his game leaves me scratching my head for answers. Why was he trying to pass the ball backwards when he had a lot of options up front??? He did the same thing in the last friendly against Argentina. He brilliantly held of 3 argentines and dragged them out of their defensive positions. He had players who had run into space and taken advantage of the situation, but decided to do a u turn and pass the ball backwards :???:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

gochino wrote:
Tbite wrote:

Very talented player indeed but some times his game leaves me scratching my head for answers. Why was he trying to pass the ball backwards when he had a lot of options up front??? He did the same thing in the last friendly against Argentina. He brilliantly held of 3 argentines and dragged them out of their defensive positions. He had players who had run into space and taken advantage of the situation, but decided to do a u turn and pass the ball backwards :???:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Some habits never die for a DM turned AM.
You should blame Mourinho for this.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:A nightmare for you means we topped the group easily. So I guess it's good news for us if your nightmare comes true. :thumb:
Please read beyond the title before posting. :twisted:

Heck don't read my post, just check out the Messi video clip. :shock:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Mikel kai, ya wa no be small.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:

KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Mikel stopped because 3 other Naija players already crowded Messi. Though Mikel could have ran ahead towards goal to form another shield. But Messi is a special player.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

balo wrote:Mikel stopped because 3 other Naija players already crowded Messi. Though Mikel could have ran ahead towards goal to form another shield. But Messi is a special player.
I don't think Mikel was/is fast enough to get there and form another shield.
He stopped because he couldn't keep up with Messi's speed. :)
Last edited by Kabalega on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

balo wrote:Mikel stopped because 3 other Naija players already crowded Messi. Though Mikel could have ran ahead towards goal to form another shield. But Messi is a special player.
You may be right, but why are did so many of us make the same error then? Could it be because none of us can remember the last time we saw Mikel show urgency in trying to recover a ball?

Mikel works VERY HARD for the team when he is on the ball (Which is why we love him), but off the ball he virtually doesn't exist.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Messi will not be a factor when we play the because they'll either out or already qualified.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

In that situation he should have taken one for the team. Collect your yellow card and pay attention next time. These are some of the tactical nous which lets the team down in certain situations.

World cup no be beans!
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Messi will not be a factor when we play the because they'll either out or already qualified.
That group will be tight.
It will go down to the wire.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well we all know the Mikel of today isn't a runner or ball hustler, he lost that quality years ago but made up for it with his immaculate ball shielding abilities and intelligent reading of the game. Now we have players that can actually track back and run any opponent off the pitch... Imagine Mikel losing the ball against the run of play to Messi who then races towards goal with the confidence that good old Mikel won't bother even chasing him... until he sees Ndidi or Etebo waiting for him at the other end of the field, my guy will reconsider his decision immediately.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I had a dream that Uganda failed to qualify after having led the group. Then I woke up and found that it is TRUE! Uganda-be-kidding me.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I had a dream that Uganda failed to qualify after having led the group. Then I woke up and found that it is TRUE! Uganda-be-kidding me.
What do you think Rohr is dreaming? :)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kabalega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I had a dream that Uganda failed to qualify after having led the group. Then I woke up and found that it is TRUE! Uganda-be-kidding me.

WC Semi Final
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

WC Semi Final
WC according to a thread
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Kabalega, when is Uganda going to qualify for a 'major' or important football tournament?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
WC Semi Final
... or of winning it all
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Kabalega, when is Uganda going to qualify for a 'major' or important football tournament?
Oga Odas, how bodi? :)
I didn't see you in Gabon, 2017. Wetin happen? :P

Here is a map of countries that showed up for the 2017 African Nation's Cup in Gabon. :thumbs: :D
Care to explain that big gap to the left of the blue country? :twisted: