Nacho Hangs + assist on top!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nacho Hangs + assist on top!

Post by Enugu II »

For me, I do not see the need of a debate claiming that Ajayi will replace either Iheanacho or Ighalo. There will be 23 players going to the WC and no less than 3 of those will be central strikers. This means that all three may get to the WC. Of course, both Iheanacho and Ighalo are almost certain. In essence, Ajayi getting to the WC is not about competing with those two but about competing against the likes of Okechukwu and a few others for a third spot. That is my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:For me, I do not see the need of a debate claiming that Ajayi will replace either Iheanacho or Ighalo. There will be 23 players going to the WC and no less than 3 of those will be central strikers. This means that all three may get to the WC. Of course, both Iheanacho and Ighalo are almost certain. In essence, Ajayi getting to the WC is not about competing with those two but about competing against the likes of Okechukwu and a few others for a third spot. That is my tuppence.

I agree, the competition is far from over. I think the core guys like

Ezenwa, Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Onazi, Ndidi,Mikel, Etebo, Ighalo, Iheanacho, Victor Moses,Iwobi, Musa, maybe Simon Moses are already on the plane to Russia. There is still 9 spots up for grabs.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:For me, I do not see the need of a debate claiming that Ajayi will replace either Iheanacho or Ighalo. There will be 23 players going to the WC and no less than 3 of those will be central strikers. This means that all three may get to the WC. Of course, both Iheanacho and Ighalo are almost certain. In essence, Ajayi getting to the WC is not about competing with those two but about competing against the likes of Okechukwu and a few others for a third spot. That is my tuppence.

Ezenwa, Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Onazi, Ndidi,Mikel, Etebo, Ighalo, Iheanacho, Victor Moses,Iwobi, Musa, maybe Simon Moses are already on the plane to Russia. There is still 9 spots up for grabs.
You wish! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Max, 2 spots! Frankly, I'l be shocked if its even 2. I think the coach is simply going to decide on one spot -- LB substitute. Every other position is locked, barring injury.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Baring injury, I think 18 of the 20 outfield players are known. An uncertainty could be which 2 leftbacks go (no questions in my mind, but I'm not the coach).

I also wonder if the final decision has been made on the GKs.