Belgian league 11.03.2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Belgian league 11.03.2018

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai.... Ajayi is Better than all these guys? Kai.....pure scandal. :shock:
And why can’t he be better? Because they play in Oyinbo league? :roll:
Betcha Ajayi will likely have more (non-SE) clubmates at the WC than Kalu, Bonaventure and Olayinka.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

marutimon wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai.... Ajayi is Better than all these guys? Kai.....pure scandal. :shock:
I don't know if Ajayi is better, but Samuel Kalu is supposedly better than Moses Simon, yet Simon gets the call ups.

Also Olayinka looks like an interesting player - 8 goals and 7 assists, pretty tall and has a good frame. Similarly Bonaventure - 12 goals in all competitions plus 5 assists.

I know Moses Simon has done well for the Super Eagles, but he is being outshined by Kalu, Onyekuru, Olayinka and Bonaventure, yet none of them get a call up.
“Supposedly” by whom? Well, he’s not. Dude is an inconsistent TURNOVER machine...
And that right there is why we let Rohr pick his own players - he lives/dies by his opinions, we don’t!
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote:Kalu IMO yes, but a definite no for Bonaventure!! He has been way too inconsistent this season for my liking, the talent i definitely there though.

Simon has spent too much time out injured to be compared to them.
Again, why we defer to Rohr on player selections...

Watched tons of Belgian league action involving Naija players this season on AD Sports, and IMHO Bonaventure is definitely ahead of Samuel “TO” Kalu at this stage of their respective careers. Frankly, if Bonaventure was at a club like Gent he would likely be an every game starter. Meanwhile, Olayinka’s stats looks better than he does, and when he stepped up in quality opposition in the Europa Cup he frankly looked way out of depth (in fairness, most of his teammates and his club did likewise).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:What's your opinion on Dessers?
Dessers would struggle to start on our CHAN team... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:What's your opinion on Dessers?
Dessers would struggle to start on our CHAN team... :lol:
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I think we have to understand that the coach cannot draw up a new squad every time. He has built a squad, and that includes chemistry. We cant drop 40% of the squad every international break because some new name is doing well at that specific time.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

danfo driver wrote:I think we have to understand that the coach cannot draw up a new squad every time. He has built a squad, and that includes chemistry. We cant drop 40% of the squad every international break because some new name is doing well at that specific time.

No one is saying 40 percent of the squad, we are talking about two specific junk players, Musa and Simon, leaving 21 players to remain with the "chemistry". The WC needs the best players, and a repeat of Gabriel Reuben replacing onazi against France should be avoided. We already have a team, let's be bold and add game changers to the bench. Musa and Simon are currently just not good enough.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti wrote:
Sunset wrote:Kalu IMO yes, but a definite no for Bonaventure!! He has been way too inconsistent this season for my liking, the talent i definitely there though.

Simon has spent too much time out injured to be compared to them.
Again, why we defer to Rohr on player selections...

Watched tons of Belgian league action involving Naija players this season on AD Sports, and IMHO Bonaventure is definitely ahead of Samuel “TO” Kalu at this stage of their respective careers. Frankly, if Bonaventure was at a club like Gent he would likely be an every game starter. Meanwhile, Olayinka’s stats looks better than he does, and when he stepped up in quality opposition in the Europa Cup he frankly looked way out of depth (in fairness, most of his teammates and his club did likewise).
Well he is the coach, so that only makes sense, I am only giving my personal opinion. Can't really say Bonaventure is ahead of Kalu when they don't really play the same position. Kalu offers a lot with his game (Dribbling, crossing and Set pieces) at least if we're talking about being a winger and he's way more assertive.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

9jaMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I think we have to understand that the coach cannot draw up a new squad every time. He has built a squad, and that includes chemistry. We cant drop 40% of the squad every international break because some new name is doing well at that specific time.

No one is saying 40 percent of the squad, we are talking about two specific junk players, Musa and Simon, leaving 21 players to remain with the "chemistry". The WC needs the best players, and a repeat of Gabriel Reuben replacing onazi against France should be avoided. We already have a team, let's be bold and add game changers to the bench. Musa and Simon are currently just not good enough.
Musa and Simon junk?? You have to be kidding!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

9jaMan wrote:

I dont rate Musa or Simon, and frankly, if I was the coach, they will never play for the SE-- thats because I prefer a different profile for wingers. I dont care about run run run...

HOWEVER, Musa and Simon deserve to be in contention for the world cup. Musa is experienced and Simon has contributed quite a lot to the team and is trusted by the coach. Only someone like Onyekuru would have tested them, but even he had nt done a lot in a SE jersey to test them.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:Simon has been injured. Before injury Kalu was not rated higher than him, Simon is a big guy at his club, Kalu is an up and comer compared to him.
That is a lie.......Kalu is head and shoulder above Simon this season. Also Simon plays on the left and Kalu plays on the right.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Simon has been injured. Before injury Kalu was not rated higher than him, Simon is a big guy at his club, Kalu is an up and comer compared to him.
That is a lie.......Kalu is head and shoulder above Simon this season. Also Simon plays on the left and Kalu plays on the right.
Keep living in your dream world, before his injury Simon was the big man at the club, he was even designated pk taker. He was also a sure starter, Kalu wasn't. I know you guys are anti Simon, but come on, you don't have to slander one to raise the other. Kalu is an up a comer with a lot of talent, but he's still rough around the edges, Simon has shown more polish this season and was doing his thing before the injury.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Keep living in your dream world, before his injury Simon was the big man at the club, he was even designated pk taker. He was also a sure starter, Kalu wasn't. I know you guys are anti Simon, but come on, you don't have to slander one to raise the other. Kalu is an up a comer with a lot of talent, but he's still rough around the edges, Simon has shown more polish this season and was doing his thing before the injury.
How are we anti Simon for stating the obvious that Kalu is highly rated in Belgium over Simon this season? Does that make Simon a bad player because he is not highly rated?

Most we be an agent to comment on Naija players abroad?

Last year Simon was the man along with Coulibaly, but this year Kalu is above Simon a bit.

Kalu is not even a competition for Simon because they both play different positions on the team.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/0 ... t/2462100/

Moses on the left and Kalu on the right.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
How are we anti Simon for stating the obvious that Kalu is highly rated in Belgium over Simon this season? Does that make Simon a bad player because he is not highly rated?

Most we be an agent to comment on Naija players abroad?

Last year Simon was the man along with Coulibaly, but this year Kalu is above Simon a bit.

Kalu is not even a competition for Simon because they both play different positions on the team.
Kalu is highly rated as a youth talent, while Moses is already a don at the club. Kalu is the new hot shot, that doesn't mean he's suddenly considered in higher stature by the club than guys who have already put in their work and cemented their place in the team. Yes Kalu is having a good season, but his stature/standing at the club cannot be higher than Moses who has been given more responsibilities on the team. That's all I'm saying. It just really seems like people dislike Simon on CE for no reason.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/0 ... t/2462100/

Moses on the left and Kalu on the right.
You can see here Moses has played 1674 minutes this season even with being out injured for over a month or so, while Kalu has played 1681 minutes only 7 minutes more...and has 1 more goal than Simon. Simon gets more minutes, has more responsibilities than Kalu, so comparatively I can't say that Kalu is more highly rated at the club.
Super Eagus 4 Life!