Jamie Carragher does an Elhadj Diouf

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jamie Carragher does an Elhadj Diouf

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
I get that which is why I've said tfco is wrong. However, there is some scale of civility which both men failed at. You say tfco joined willy nilly with others in cyber bullying which makes you all equally wrong and sure in the light of his 'holier than thou' comments, it adds even more incredulity to my feeling about taco's comment. You're exactly right but the saying "two wrongs dont make a right" will surely be brought up.
Platinum, did you see the video of the incident I posted? Unless there is another video out there, this was pretty mild ribbing. Carragher is not even a current Liverpool player sef!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

smartbrother wrote:Carragher has been suspended
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43376262

Might be a bit harsh to lose his job over this
The embarrassment of that footage is probably punishment enough
Winding down your car window and spitting on a 15 year old girl? Not harsh at all if he lose his job and if he was suspended then he got away with it. If that was my daughter I sue.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

tfco wrote:yeah, let's just ignore the fact that he was goaded several times

Good for you Jamie, I hope your spit landed on all involved

The cvnts knew what they were doing, and they filmed it too...i have no sympathy for them....i wonder if they posted the ENTIRE video online so we can assess the goading part too
What he said was as follows and then he spits on the daughter -
=It begins with the man who is driving beeping his horn at Carragher. He winds down the front window of the passenger side of his car and shouts: '2-1 Jamie lad, 2-1!'
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:wait ooo, is zee really a she? :shock:
Uhmm wait! You guys didnt know that Zee is a chick? :shock: :shock: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:
I get that which is why I've said tfco is wrong. However, there is some scale of civility which both men failed at. You say tfco joined willy nilly with others in cyber bullying which makes you all equally wrong and sure in the light of his 'holier than thou' comments, it adds even more incredulity to my feeling about taco's comment. You're exactly right but the saying "two wrongs dont make a right" will surely be brought up.
Platinum, did you see the video of the incident I posted? Unless there is another video out there, this was pretty mild ribbing. Carragher is not even a current Liverpool player sef!
Yes bruv, i watched it. It was pretty mind boggling stuff. Clearly he got the rise out of Carragher that he wanted to get, and clearly Carragher should be far above reacting. Heck, all he had to do was keep his window up and not act like that fly existed. That was all he had to do.
The thing that got me there was the child begging her father not to do it. When your daughter is begging you not to act like an a$$ in public, you have several questions to answer of your own.

I understand that some people get a rise out of heckling at games, there's good natured ribbing and heckling of players during games and all that but goodness me, is there not a line you draw? None of this excuses Carragher, his reaction was way over the top but I also think this man could set a better example for his young daughter.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Throw the damn books at him, what the loser did came from the depths of his heart and was heartfelt, trust me. He called the behaviour awful instead of calling himself a awful person. He has been showing this type of awfulness for a long time all those years on the pitch, be it towards Man Utd fans or players. Certainly not surprised and he'll probably do it again.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Damn for Tfco, a Manchester United fan, to come out this strongly to defend the despicable behavior from JC, a Liverpool players, let's me know the he has had a few spitting incidents before... going by his Live from Brazil with no pictures to booth...

I am strongly leaning that he is speaking from personal experience.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When life has lifted you out of the gutters of this life and given you uncommon privileges..seriously the only thing yoi should be doing around gutters is trying to lift people out of it...not rolling in it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

so should we be spitting at tfco for all the yabbing he directs at Nigeria whenever we lose ANY game to ANYBODY?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

felarey wrote:Throw the damn books at him, what the loser did came from the depths of his heart and was heartfelt, trust me. He called the behaviour awful instead of calling himself a awful person. He has been showing this type of awfulness for a long time all those years on the pitch, be it towards Man Utd fans or players. Certainly not surprised and he'll probably do it again.
For a minute, I thought the world was upside down and you were talking about Donald Trump until you mentioned Man Utd and I had to reread the post afresh. :)
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

man this guy has taken a serious public lashing
that interview was hard to watch
i had to switch off when his voice started cracking
i think his publicist or whoever is advising him was wrong to send for that interview.
He should have just apologised and resigned with dignity
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Carragher's behavior here is disgusting. His claim that he overreacted to being goaded looks weak in light of the video (and in my humble opinion the character of the person filming the incident doesn't come into it; completely separate issue).

Someone else on our forum correctly wrote that all Jamie had to do was keep his window wound up, drive on. End of story.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

All I can say is thank God there wasn't a black man involved in this incident.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

smartbrother wrote:Carragher has been suspended
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43376262

Might be a bit harsh to lose his job over this
The embarrassment of that footage is probably punishment enough
He has already fully explained what happened.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... d-14403101
“Watching those clips back it feels like an out-of-body thing, that moment of madness for four or five seconds.”
When the fan goaded him, Carragher just happened to be out of his body. While he was floating around, he must have seen out of the corner of his eye his body start winding down the driver side window, and thought, "o my days, I need to get back in there". I mean, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. And with him being retired and a defender and all that, he is not as quick as he was on the field. It was too late by time he got back into his body. The spittle had already flown out of his body's mouth.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Yawa don gas for the other guy. Police have questioned him about using his phone while driving.
http://www.naijiant.com/
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

cic old boy wrote:Yawa don gas for the other guy. Police have questioned him about using his phone while driving.
If the guy has broken the law so has carragher. Police have to ensure both are punished.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cic old boy wrote:Yawa don gas for the other guy. Police have questioned him about using his phone while driving.
What is the fine for driving and using phone in UK?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:All I can say is thank God there wasn't a black man involved in this incident.
KPOM
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

thanks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:
thanks

you're welcome. Karagaraga has now been vindicated.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Man Utd fan who filmed Carragher while driving will face no further action from police
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... d-14408043
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

smartbrother wrote:Man Utd fan who filmed Carragher while driving will face no further action from police
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... d-14408043
Manure fan from North Wales, typical.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kajifu wrote:What is the fine for driving and using phone in UK?
6 penalty points (12 points = disqualification for a year) on your license and £200.