[UCL] Man United (1-2) Sevilla

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [UCL] Man United (1-2) Sevilla

Post by balo »

Man U may cough up to get Yeder.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cautious football, sometimes it wins, sometimes it does not, playing at home, one will expect us to win, going into next season, the board needs to make a very important decision regarding Mourinho, if they decide to stick with him, then we have to throw money at the problem and a lot, there will have to be a clear out from Shaw, Jones, smalling, maybe Martial, felliani, the other option is to keep the same players and get a new coach who plays the traditional attacking football we crave at united, the board has a decision to make, Mourinho as it stands cannot win us either the champions league or premiership, this will be damaging to united brand worldwide
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco don pick race. He was so active in the Spurs- Juve thread. You see the film tricks Wey don do am? :tic:

Pkele o. Abeg post some tweets of ya defeat
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
civory
Egg
Egg

Post by civory »

Imagine Mourinho defending the rubbish Man U players displayed last night: <a href="https://goalball.com.ng/mourinho-defend ... -knockout/" rel="dofollow"></a>
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

It’s disappointing to see grown up Man Utd fans losing their rags like Arsenal supporters here. What last did you win EPL or UCL? Since Sir Alex left, Man U haven’t been this high on the table. So please shush it. Because City has had a phenomenal year, doesn’t mean other teams have been rubbish. Mentally, the gap and inability to close it must have been a huge psychological drain for the teams, especially Utd.

I don’t support Man Utd, but I have been a Jose watcher since his days at Chelsea. I know how Mourinho thinks now. I told some friends last week after Juventus and RM wins that Jose won’t really want to progress further now except Sevilla just dashed them goals. Jose is a realist. He knows this Man U team is not cohesive or mature enough to beat the big boys left. And with Spurs, and likely Chelsea tonight able to focus on only the UCL for the run in, Jose must have calculated its better to secure that direct qualification to the group stages next year and try to win the FA Cup, than get bogged down and end up 4th. That I believe is also the code behind the statement about Liverpool having UCL to worry about. I won’t be surprised if it’s Liverpool that ends in 5th come end of season.

Next season, Man Utd - even with the same players - would be a bigger threat on all fronts. City was like this last season, but see what stability and a good pre season have done for their confidence this season. Sack Mourinho now, and Utd sets themselves back 5 years. With the level of competition, they might even drop to West Ham level.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:tfco don pick race. He was so active in the Spurs- Juve thread. You see the film tricks Wey don do am? :tic:

See this mouthy palm Wine Tapper wey build nest atop tree in hiding now coming to yap about someone else .... Typical Toto :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:tfco don pick race. He was so active in the Spurs- Juve thread. You see the film tricks Wey don do am? :tic:

See this mouthy palm Wine Tapper wey build nest atop tree in hiding now coming to yap about someone else .... Typical Toto :rotf:
You dey talk about mouth :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nottingham Forest, Brighton, Burnley and 10 other clubs never shut you up? Yeye sheitformouth still dey blow fumes at other people :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You no get shame? Abeg go Arsenalfantv go buy some
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:It’s disappointing to see grown up Man Utd fans losing their rags like Arsenal supporters here. What last did you win EPL or UCL? Since Sir Alex left, Man U haven’t been this high on the table. So please shush it. Because City has had a phenomenal year, doesn’t mean other teams have been rubbish. Mentally, the gap and inability to close it must have been a huge psychological drain for the teams, especially Utd.

I don’t support Man Utd, but I have been a Jose watcher since his days at Chelsea. I know how Mourinho thinks now. I told some friends last week after Juventus and RM wins that Jose won’t really want to progress further now except Sevilla just dashed them goals. Jose is a realist. He knows this Man U team is not cohesive or mature enough to beat the big boys left. And with Spurs, and likely Chelsea tonight able to focus on only the UCL for the run in, Jose must have calculated its better to secure that direct qualification to the group stages next year and try to win the FA Cup, than get bogged down and end up 4th. That I believe is also the code behind the statement about Liverpool having UCL to worry about. I won’t be surprised if it’s Liverpool that ends in 5th come end of season.

Next season, Man Utd - even with the same players - would be a bigger threat on all fronts. City was like this last season, but see what stability and a good pre season have done for their confidence this season. Sack Mourinho now, and Utd sets themselves back 5 years. With the level of competition, they might even drop to West Ham level.
What algorithm was Jose using when he took Porto and the likes of Inter to win the champions league? I like some of your points,but playing like he did against a Sevilla team that is not all that does not support the points you are making ,i am sorry to say.

Let us be blunt...that clown is coaching rubbish at the moment...this coming from a diehard JOMOSA!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:It’s disappointing to see grown up Man Utd fans losing their rags like Arsenal supporters here. What last did you win EPL or UCL? Since Sir Alex left, Man U haven’t been this high on the table. So please shush it. Because City has had a phenomenal year, doesn’t mean other teams have been rubbish. Mentally, the gap and inability to close it must have been a huge psychological drain for the teams, especially Utd.

What algorithm was Jose using when he took Porto and the likes of Inter to win the champions league? I like some of your points,but playing like he did against a Sevilla team that is not all that does not support the points you are making ,i am sorry to say.

Let us be blunt...that clown is coaching rubbish at the moment...this coming from a diehard JOMOSA!
you vanished when we beat Chelsea and Pool

we lose and you reappear...smh

Jose is the best man for the job...he's f*cked up 2 or 3 games this season, yesterday being one

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

you vanished when we beat Chelsea and Pool

we lose and you reappear...smh

Jose is the best man for the job...he's f*cked up 2 or 3 games this season, yesterday being one
For once, I have to agree with Tfco (Ewww).

By all accounts, Manure has improved this season, and Mourinho has shown some tactical genius in some key games against hot teams (His gameplan against Liverpool was pure genius). Yes he was completely out strategized yesterday, but those of us that watch La Liga day in day out will not be surprised. La Liga is no freaking joke, and the level of tactical accumen in the coaches and players is just at a much higher level than anywhere in the world. If you dont bring your A game, you will get spanked by freaking Getafe (I've seen it happen).

I think Jose was let down yesterday by key players (Pogba, I'm looking straight at you). He was supposed to be his game changer, coming in to seize control of the midfield and feed a relentless attack. That obviously didnt happen and Sevilla seized the advantage with an inspired performance by Ben Yedder.

Give Sevilla the credit they deserve.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ashley Young's pocket get correct reception :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

A few points:
If Man U ends up 4th, they qualify directly to champions league group stages! :lol:
Manure is 9 points ahead of the 5th place team.
Here are the next list of opponents Manure faces (of which 4 are at Old Toilet):
-Swansea
-City
-West Brom
-West Ham
- Arsenal
- Brighton
-Watford

So, since you are a Jose Watcher, you believe with a straight face that Jose intentionally blew off the champions league for fear of collapsing from a 9 point cushion with 8 games to go as they are set to face the lights of West Brom, West Ham, Brighton and Watford? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is your best attempt to explain the #shyteonastick served to you people yesterday? Chei !!! goodness me!! which kind brainwashing did this man do to you people? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

metalalloy wrote:

A few points:
If Man U ends up 4th, they qualify directly to champions league group stages! :lol:
Here are the next list of opponents Manure faces (of which 4 are at Old Toilet):
-Swansea
-City
-West Brom
-West Ham
- Arsenal
- Brighton
-Watford

So, since you are a Jose Watcher, you believe with a straight face that Jose intentionally blew off the champions league for fear of collapsing from a 9 point cushion with 8 games to go as they are set to face the lights of West Brom, West Ham, Brighton and Watford? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is your best attempt to explain the #shyteonastick served to you people yesterday? Chei !!! goodness me!! which kind brainwashing did this man do to you people? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jose intentionally lost the CL to avoid coming 4th in the EPL instead of losing the 2nd-place trophy. If you don't understand tactics and strategy, go to the CE Ogas make dem explain am to you.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Fair play to Sevilla. They were far the better team over the 2 ;legs and fully deserved to go through. They were brave, attacking, and adventurous. Man U were none of those things and JM should hang his head in shame for being so defensive against a team that had inferior talent to the players at his disposal. When you have Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata, Pogba, and Lukaku in your team, there is no reason for playing defensively in a game where you HAD TO WIN and where a score draw would result in elimination. Only Jose would prioritise keeping a clean sheet in a game they had to win.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

A few points:
-Swansea
-City
-West Brom
-West Ham
- Arsenal
- Brighton
-Watford

Jose intentionally lost the CL to avoid coming 4th in the EPL instead of losing the 2nd-place trophy. If you don't understand tactics and strategy, go to the CE Ogas make dem explain am to you.
:rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Sevilla deserves a lot of respect. They were the better side in both legs

Let's not forget they've played top four English opponents four times this season and come out quite creditably
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:Sevilla deserves a lot of respect.
Actually, they dont. They were terrible! and Sevilla is a terrible team.
They were the better side in both legs

Let's not forget they've played top four English opponents four times this season and come out quite creditably
Easily! And a better team would have flogged United like they stole something!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:

OK, no problem. The Portuguese Pygmy and his billion $ team will meet the better team in the q/finals :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Well they were the better side in both legs. Played English teams - no 2 and 3 - and did not lose once.
danfo driver wrote:

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:

Let them be rubbing oil on a stone so that they can swallow it without the stone getting stuck in their throat. Suddenly we are talking about United as if we are talking about Crystal Palace.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:Well they were the better side in both legs. Played English teams - no 2 and 3 - and did not lose once.
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Uncle, I am actually agreeing with you. :lol: :lol: Sevilla was the better team and outplayed them, EASILY! NOT EVEN CLOSE.

But Sevilla is a useless team. I have watched them and they have been beaten up and down in La Liga in the last months.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

OK, no problem. The Portuguese Pygmy and his billion $ team will meet the better team in the q/finals :mrgreen:
I know abi! The Pygmy fooocked your worthless Dean like an ashawo! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

There's nothing we won't hear from this Mourinho groupies. Complete balderdash. If it's Arsenal fans now, you guys will congregate and yab them.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."