Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

one loss and suddenly the world is falling apart

one loss.

get a grip guys. our last 3 games you guys even tried to find fault with the way we won.

the loss is on the manager's setup (mata, pp and martial on the bench)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

platinum wrote:
txj wrote:Frank de Boer , former coach of Crystal Palace , wanted to respond to José Mourinho for criticism on Monday. The Dutch, described by the Portuguese as the worst coach in the history of the Premier, took advantage of the elimination of United Champions League at the hands of Sevilla to answer the Portuguese.

" Mourinho could say that I am the worst coach in the history of the Premier League, but tonight he is a coach who has spent many millions in his career and his teams play like that," he said, referring to the poor game played by United despite the quality of their players.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/in ... inado.html
His actual response.
awww, forever the gentleman lol

he was handed a big fat L, what more could he have said

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
platinum wrote:
txj wrote:Frank de Boer , former coach of Crystal Palace , wanted to respond to José Mourinho for criticism on Monday. The Dutch, described by the Portuguese as the worst coach in the history of the Premier, took advantage of the elimination of United Champions League at the hands of Sevilla to answer the Portuguese.

" Mourinho could say that I am the worst coach in the history of the Premier League, but tonight he is a coach who has spent many millions in his career and his teams play like that," he said, referring to the poor game played by United despite the quality of their players.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/in ... inado.html
His actual response.
awww, forever the gentleman lol

he was handed a big fat L, what more could he have said
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:I know the SAF days are over and we should not keep using them as a reference point, but it is shameful for Manchester United to go away to Sevilla, fail and refuse to create any chances, and draw 0-0 only because of the superhuman, Spiderman like reflexes of their GK. Then in the return leg, impose the same defensive tactics AT HOME and try to play defensively in a game you have to win and cannot draw.

Mourinho's defensive counter-attacking tactics are so dependent on the team scoring first. If the opposition scores first, the plan falls apart.

At no point did Man Utd look like winning the game yesterday.

benteke wrote: The fact that United got into CL through the back door of Europa final might suggest that the team is actually as good as far as it got right now, maybe further embarrassment was waiting if we happened to be drawn against any big gun in the next round.

All round improvement is needed right from the player quality to the manager's tactics and attitude.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:I know the SAF days are over and we should not keep using them as a reference point, but it is shameful for Manchester United to go away to Sevilla, fail and refuse to create any chances, and draw 0-0 only because of the superhuman, Spiderman like reflexes of their GK. Then in the return leg, impose the same defensive tactics AT HOME and try to play defensively in a game you have to win and cannot draw.

Mourinho's defensive counter-attacking tactics are so dependent on the team scoring first. If the opposition scores first, the plan falls apart.

What Mourinho did on Tuesday night was criminal, he will have to work hard to shake the reputation of being a coward.
At times i tend to think this United under Mourinho is only better than Van Gaal's team because it added more quality players than what Van Gaal had to work with.
But to be honest this team has no identity, it has not shown a consistent type of attacking football, many times you can struggle to understand what exactly the plan is.
Mourinho promised swashbuckling football that United fans are used to but many times fans are complaining about the boring football on display that is similar to the stuff seen under Van Gaal's tenure. At least Van Gaal's team used to win posession even in away games.
This is the thing that worries most fans i think, maybe next season will bring better football and a stronger team, who knows.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:

What Mourinho did on Tuesday night was criminal, he will have to work hard to shake the reputation of being a coward.
At times i tend to think this United under Mourinho is only better than Van Gaal's team because it added more quality players than what Van Gaal had to work with.
But to be honest this team has no identity, it has not shown a consistent type of attacking football, many times you can struggle to understand what exactly the plan is.
Mourinho promised swashbuckling football that United fans are used to but many times fans are complaining about the boring football on display that is similar to the stuff seen under Van Gaal's tenure. At least Van Gaal's team used to win posession even in away games.
This is the thing that worries most fans i think, maybe next season will bring better football and a stronger team, who knows.
:lol: :lol:

this is the type of defeatist post that makes me call you lily-livered

you're comparing LVG who qualified us for Europa and had fans screaming attack attack to what Mourinho is doing???

JM has done an amazing job with the team, considering what he inherited...we are still a work-in-progress

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

SAF made some daft team selections too that cost us games

btw, this is where we were 2 years ago under LVG the possession master

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:one loss and suddenly the world is falling apart

one loss.

get a grip guys. our last 3 games you guys even tried to find fault with the way we won.

I have no love for the Portuguese Pulis but the man just beat Chelshyt and Liverpool and because he got sucker punched by sevilla the response is amazing lol
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: karma is a *Nice Lady* aint it
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: talk about a bloody HYPOCRITE!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

this is the type of defeatist post that makes me call you lily-livered

you're comparing LVG who qualified us for Europa and had fans screaming attack attack to what Mourinho is doing???

JM has done an amazing job with the team, considering what he inherited...we are still a work-in-progress
I actually don't care what you choose to call me, but you think your own opinion is more important than that of others ?
That is the behavior of an intellectual dwarf dressed in giant robes.

Van Gaal did qualify United into CL in his 1st and you spent all that time moaning and moaning but it was your rightful opinion.

Majority of United fans all over are not too pleased about the type of football on display of late, the alarm bells have been ringing for a while now, the team doesn't look cohesive most of the time, these are glaring issues obvious to all, even amidst the Chelsea and Liverpool victories. The Seville loss will not have come as a surprise to many given the way the team performed in the 1st leg.

Whether Mourinho will solve this is something to look forward to over the summer.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anikulapo wrote:

one loss.

I have no love for the Portuguese Pulis but the man just beat Chelshyt and Liverpool and because he got sucker punched by sevilla the response is amazing lol
It was no sucker punch chief, if anything, Seville could have won the away leg if not for De Gea.
United was already living dangerously, that is why there is a lot of discontent.
I usually defend Mourinho but this time of late i am finding it difficult.
Even our win vs Liverpool was very nervy in the end, a lot of fans feel his tactics invite pressure.

That said i look forward to a more positive approach next season together with better transfer strategy in the summer, all is not lost.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

one loss.

It was no sucker punch chief, if anything, Seville could have won the away leg if not for De Gea.
United was already living dangerously, that is why there is a lot of discontent.
Even our win vs Liverpool was very nervy in the end, a lot of fans feel his tactics invite pressure.

That said i look forward to a more positive approach next season together with better transfer strategy in the summer, all is not lost.
so was our win against Arsenal at the Emirates which was even more nervy tbh

dude, get a grip. This is a WINNING manager, not some fly-by-night coach here

Liverpool created ZERO chances in the 2H. They had zero shots on target for all their possession.
JM said you can have the ball but do fk all with it...and that's what happened in that game

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dear benteke

guess who the coach was for Chelsea
guess who the coach was for United

look at the score

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we.have.regressed.under.Jose

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
I know it's not the most exciting stuff but ...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
Under LVG, we would have lost against chelsea, crystal palace and liverpool, that is progress, we just have to find a way to match City next season
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
Under LVG, we would have lost against chelsea, crystal palace and liverpool, that is progress, we just have to find a way to match City next season
Except that we used to beat Liverpool with ease at Anfield, Liverpool only beat United once in the Europa tie at Anfield when the squad was injury ravaged.

LVG used to go toe to toe with City and make a very good account of himself even when he lost at Etihad with 10 men. His team even beat City 4-2.

But then again we are still losing to the Huddersfields, Bristols and Newcastle's of this world. Not to mention we still prone to worrying draws.

I am not saying we have regressed under Mourinho, there have been improvements, but that's expected since we have vastly improved the quality of the squad.

The fans want more :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

one loss.

so was our win against Arsenal at the Emirates which was even more nervy tbh

dude, get a grip. This is a WINNING manager, not some fly-by-night coach here

Liverpool created ZERO chances in the 2H. They had zero shots on target for all their possession.
JM said you can have the ball but do fk all with it...and that's what happened in that game
No disrespect to Arsenal and Chelsea but these two teams have been much poorer than United this season, and it says as much where they are in the table.
Same for Liverpool to an extent, yes we have beat all these but why do you think most United fans are still expressing concern.
I suspect it's because the way we have played recently, whenever we meet real good attacking teams we will get found out, as has happened already.

The season started very well, but somewhere along the line the good play was lost, and we cannot pretend like all is well. I am not fighting here :biggrin:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
Except that we used to beat Liverpool with ease at Anfield, Liverpool only beat United once in the Europa tie at Anfield when the squad was injury ravaged.

LVG used to go toe to toe with City and make a very good account of himself even when he lost at Etihad with 10 men. His team even beat City 4-2.

But then again we are still losing to the Huddersfields, Bristols and Newcastle's of this world. Not to mention we still prone to worrying draws.

I am not saying we have regressed under Mourinho, there have been improvements, but that's expected since we have vastly improved the quality of the squad.

you have forgotten that under LVG, we lost to poor opposition (in the Prem and also in Cup competitions)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

you have forgotten that under LVG, we lost to poor opposition (in the Prem and also in Cup competitions)
Indeed we did.
And still we do, we got knocked out of a cup by Bristol, and we have lost to some bad teams like Newcastle in EPL. Not to mention the draws.
But overall the squad quality is better than under LVG.

United definitely has the ability to play much better, we cannot waste Sanchez, he must be utilized to the fullest sooner or later.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

same with a CB
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders
We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

same with a CB
CM

We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?