Willian vs Sane

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Willian vs Sane

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Credit given where credit due. Willian is a fine player. There was a thread, Chelsea's season thread if not mistaken, within which many, if not most, heckled the Brazilian's supposed lack of brain and various other cranial deficiencies. One remained steadfast in the assertion that Willian had achieved Akwa-Akwuru and deserved more rever for his red cap. It comes as no surprise now that most of those many are now chanting Igwe in subtle octave. Willian is good, whether Barca allowed him to play or not is irrelevant, many others have been invited to dance over the years and fractured a neck of femur trying to electric slide.
He's a fine player, no doubt, but equating him to some of the Barca players as is being done is a little far fetched. He is not on their level...unless you are talking of Vidal...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

airwolex wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:But how good will Willian be on City or Barcelona? He is certainly an upgrade on Dembele. Btw I agree with CIC, he is technically better than Sane. Sane's pace and power is out of this world though.
WIllian is NOT on the level of Dembele. Dont be fooled because Dembele is just coming back from injury.

As for Sane, i think many of you have watched him for the first time in England and also, being 'made' to play on the left. Did you watch him in germany? And that match where he humiliated Real Madrid?

Always thought he was better as a 2nd striker, much like Salah under Klopp...

Tremendous game vs Madrid...

All the recent hype around Willian appears to be from the moral victory over Barca. Interesting how none of these guys have ever considered that Barca, perhaps 'allowed' him to play...

Chelsea fans are now behaving like the Arsenal fans of the losing era...
Chief,

You should know better than believe what some naysayers say. If you have been paying attention you will know Willian has been very good for a few months now and was our player of the season sometime ago.
Lol! Abed tell them...

Willian has been CFC best player in 2018.. Some folks only watch CFC vs. Barca hence the poorly informed statement. Willian is highly talented player but his football IQ is just not high enough for a player that could be WC.. That is why a lot of CFC fans criticize him. Difference in 2018 is the freedom Conte has given Willian. While Willian starts on the right, he has license to drift to the left/middle and cut inside to his stronger foot.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:I didn't watch Dembele in Dortmund but I swear that club produces too many players that bomb in bigger clubs. From Sahin, to Goetze and that Japanese dude....even Aubemayang and Mikitarian gan are suspect. I will believe the hype when he starts balling. :D :D
Dortmund did not PRODUCE Dembele. He played in France and destroyed the league. Many top clubs came begging for him and he rejected all of them because "I want to go to a club where I will play." :D :D

You see, me too, I can smile two times at the end of my sentence :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Sane will dribble past you with speed and guile. William will do same with ur hips out of alignment. Sane faster and with more brain cells. I will take Sane.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:comparing them because they are both Black with Afro?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It's bamenda!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

GOOD QUESTION

Why try to compare them when they come with different skills and play different roles? Sane is a finisher, a front runner who needs to be fed. Willian is a distributor starting in the middle of the field setting others up. But player for player, I'd take Willian. I recently asked why until recently he wasn't playing more for Chelsea.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

GOOD QUESTION

Why try to compare them when they come with different skills and play different roles? Sane is a finisher, a front runner who needs to be fed. Willian is a distributor starting in the middle of the field setting others up. But player for player, I'd take Willian. I recently asked why until recently he wasn't playing more for Chelsea.
Bell
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:
GOOD QUESTION

Bell

Which is why he has almost double the assists that Willian has this season and has the second most assists in the EPL so far?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:I didn't watch Dembele in Dortmund but I swear that club produces too many players that bomb in bigger clubs. From Sahin, to Goetze and that Japanese dude....even Aubemayang and Mikitarian gan are suspect. I will believe the hype when he starts balling. :D :D
Dortmund did not PRODUCE Dembele. He played in France and destroyed the league. Many top clubs came begging for him and he rejected all of them because "I want to go to a club where I will play." :D :D

You see, me too, I can smile two times at the end of my sentence :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Still no reason to believe that he is a better player than Willian. Miki, Kagawa started from somewhere else as well. When he starts balling like his youtube videos I will give him props. For now, injury or not, Willian is a better player. :D :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Still no reason to believe that he is a better player than Willian. Miki, Kagawa started from somewhere else as well. When he starts balling like his youtube videos I will give him props. For now, injury or not, Willian is a better player. :D :D
In my opinion, and you are very welcome to disagree, he is on a different level than Willian! And he is 9 years younger.

I know Willian very very well and I know his ability. He is very talented, but his brain is dead and that restricts him. Watch Dembele and he can do things with the ball that Willian cannot even dream about. Bro, not even close. Dembele's problem this year is injuries. He just came back last week and was put into the chelsea game.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
GOOD QUESTION

Bell

Which is why he has almost double the assists that Willian has this season and has the second most assists in the EPL so far?
:lol:
I don't think Bell has really watched both players. Willian is nowhere near a ball distributor. He is a ball carrier be it out wide or coming down the middle. Bobo kills a lot of offensive moves with his stop and start playing style. He is not a natural pass creator like a Silva/KDB et al.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I prefer Willian.
I used to like him from Shaktar Donetsk when he was with Fernandino.

I also think Willian has more skill.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The difference between the two is Sane assists more. Their goal scoring rate is similar but Sane's assists are phenomenal
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YUJAM wrote:The difference between the two is Sane assists more. Their goal scoring rate is similar but Sane's assists are phenomenal
I think the problem with Willian , Conte has not been trusting him to start games and when necessity forced him, Willian came alive. He never used to play a lot under Jose as well, but i always knew there is some player there.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

analyzer wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
GOOD QUESTION

Bell

:lol:
I don't think Bell has really watched both players. Willian is nowhere near a ball distributor. He is a ball carrier be it out wide or coming down the middle. Bobo kills a lot of offensive moves with his stop and start playing style. He is not a natural pass creator like a Silva/KDB et al.
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT...

...you're confusing E. Hazard and Willian? I'd caution against reading too much into the assist numbers - you need to drill farther. For rxamples, you need to see what team has scored more goals, how many minutes has each player been on the field, etc. And also, that you are a distributor doesn't mean you make the last pass - you could simply be possessing the ball and placing it in the right area of the field. Given that, it's not inconceivable that those who play in the box like Sane may have more assists.
Bell
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:But how good will Willian be on City or Barcelona? He is certainly an upgrade on Dembele. Btw I agree with CIC, he is technically better than Sane. Sane's pace and power is out of this world though.
WIllian is NOT on the level of Dembele. Dont be fooled because Dembele is just coming back from injury.

As for Sane, i think many of you have watched him for the first time in England and also, being 'made' to play on the left. Did you watch him in germany? And that match where he humiliated Real Madrid?

Like I said, they are only comparing Willian to Sane because they "look alike"...somewhat :woot: :woot: :woot: Sane is the superior player. Had been shouting myself hoarse for Arsenal to sign him while he was still in Germany. Was even hoping that we would fool Man City and dash them Alexis for Sane.

Agree re Dembele. The kid is that GOOD.
Chief i no want bring last season Arsenal thread when mr know it concern Arsenal say he will not take Sane over Walcott and OX and if he was good Wenger for don sign am.
Well what is new same person was saying Walcott better than Auba..
Like Uncle Aniks will say slow learners. :boo: :boo:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Gimme Willian.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I don't know about Sane vs Willian, but I'd take either over "Hazard the ball dresser"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

nanijoe wrote:I don't know about Sane vs Willian, but I'd take either over "Hazard the ball dresser"
The guy played some rubbish against Barca, but na Conte dey confuse am.