Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders
We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Is he $#% or he just needs time to adjust to the English league.

He has not been that bad so far apart from the few panicky games at first.
I'm sure we might revisit this discussion at a later season :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

same with a CB
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders
We are on the same page.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He seems to be talented. But he is physically and mentally week. He has a lot to work on.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

same with a CB
CM

We are on the same page.

He seems to be talented. But he is physically and mentally week. He has a lot to work on.
I think he is still shaky, but he is better than Smalling and Jones so there is room for improvement
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

same with a CB
CM

We are on the same page.

I think he is still shaky, but he is better than Smalling and Jones so there is room for improvement
He is NOT close to Jones. not even close. Jone's problem is injuries. if Jones was fit 100% he'd be the best English defender right now.

As much disdain I have for Smalling for being a horrible defender, I just cannot select Lindelof ahead of him. You cant go into battle with a defender that starts shaking once the ball is coming towards him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lindelof have stopped shaking though :lol:
I'm beginning to see why they bought him. I definitely bet on him being ahead of Smalling & Jones going into the next season :thumb: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:Lindelof have stopped shaking though :lol:
I'm beginning to see why they bought him. I definitely bet on him being ahead of Smalling & Jones going into the next season :thumb: .
You guys are looking to bring in TWO defenders nest season. Those 3 wont be starting ahead of anybody next season. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:Lindelof have stopped shaking though :lol:
The main reason United doesn't start build up play from the back is because of Jones and Smalling :biggrin:
I think Lindelof was brought in to help that situation, so if he settles then we can be good to go.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The Portuguese Pulis says you guys lack heritage :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dear benteke

guess who was the United coach when this disaster happened?

hint: not Moyes, LVG, JM

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:dear benteke

guess who was the United coach when this disaster happened?

hint: not Moyes, LVG, JM
Which one
There was is no video or picture to go with your question :biggrin:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

do.not.look.now

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

facts.are.so.boring

the great Jose Mourinho...see what he did

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

english media trying to force Luke Shaw out of United

this guy has been publicly vilified by LVG, Moyes...and now JM

maybe, just maybe, the 3 managers are right with their assessment of his fitness and work ethic

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:english media trying to force Luke Shaw out of United

this guy has been publicly vilified by LVG, Moyes...and now JM

maybe, just maybe, the 3 managers are right with their assessment of his fitness and work ethic
Luke Shaw is done! And so are close to 7-8 players. Unfortunately for many of these guys, this is United and not Chelsea. The club has taken sides, and its not with the players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Do not think Darmian, Blind, Fellaini, Shaw will be there next year (Carrick obviously done and probably Ibra too).

JM made a damning indictment of his predecessors' transfer policies. He said of the players he has sold since arriving "Look at the clubs they are playing at now, and how they play (IF they play!)". A backhanded way of saying that players sold to mid-table/tier 2 teams or who are sitting on the bench at mid-table/tier 2 teams should never have been at Man Utd in the first place:

Schneiderlin (Everton)
Rooney (Everton)
Bastian (MLS)
Varela (Penarol)
McNair (Sunderland)
Love (Sunderland)
Blackett (Reading)
Will Keane (Hull)
Nick Powell (Wigan)
Valdes (Middlesbrough)
Depay (Lyon)
Harrop (Preston North End)
Januzaj (Real Sociedad)
Mkhitaryan (Arsenal)

Interestingly he did say in an earlier interview that LVG "bought players would never buy and sold players I would never sell". He counted Di Maria, Chicharito, and Welbeck in the second category.

benteke wrote:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Dear Manchester United,

All we are saying : Just beat Tottenham.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

What of the misfiring players he has bought?

He is just trying to justify spending more. Problem is his purchases are not addressing weak areas!

LVG was buying CRAP no name players at ridiculous prices.
wiseone wrote:Do not think Darmian, Blind, Fellaini, Shaw will be there next year (Carrick obviously done and probably Ibra too).

JM made a damning indictment of his predecessors' transfer policies. He said of the players he has sold since arriving "Look at the clubs they are playing at now, and how they play (IF they play!)". A backhanded way of saying that players sold to mid-table/tier 2 teams or who are sitting on the bench at mid-table/tier 2 teams should never have been at Man Utd in the first place:

Schneiderlin (Everton)
Rooney (Everton)
Bastian (MLS)
Varela (Penarol)
McNair (Sunderland)
Love (Sunderland)
Blackett (Reading)
Will Keane (Hull)
Nick Powell (Wigan)
Valdes (Middlesbrough)
Depay (Lyon)
Harrop (Preston North End)
Januzaj (Real Sociedad)
Mkhitaryan (Arsenal)

Interestingly he did say in an earlier interview that LVG "bought players would never buy and sold players I would never sell". He counted Di Maria, Chicharito, and Welbeck in the second category.

benteke wrote:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wanajo & wiseone, so contrary to popular belief, Man United doesn't have a good squad, what is has is a bunch of players, most of whom cost a lot of money, overpriced players who on paper give the impression that it's a great squad.

That must be the biggest issue affecting this club.
The squad tends to get found out a lot of times and it makes fans upset.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I said when Pogba (as talented as he is) was bought that Man Utd needed a Kante more than they needed Pogba. They needed a dynamic, mobile, and workaholic DM who could chase around in midfield and protect the back 4. 2-3 years later, they still need that Kante type of player (a need made more acute by Carrick's impending retirement, Fellaini's likely departure, and Andrew Smith's injury problems). Man Utd have made some strange transfer choices in recent seasons:

*Paid nearly 30 million for Fellaini at a time when Khedira was available for free.
*Paid 90 million for Pogba at a time when the squad was crying out for a DM and Kante was available for 25 million.
*Paid nearly 40 million for Lindelof (a serious work in progress with many rough edges to his game, a reserve player who the manager admits is not ready for the first 11). A seemingly pointless signing that served no purpose other than to block the promising Tuanzebe's route to the first team.
benteke wrote:wanajo & wiseone, so contrary to popular belief, Man United doesn't have a good squad, what is has is a bunch of players, most of whom cost a lot of money, overpriced players who on paper give the impression that it's a great squad.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:wanajo & wiseone, so contrary to popular belief, Man United doesn't have a good squad, what is has is a bunch of players, most of whom cost a lot of money, overpriced players who on paper give the impression that it's a great squad.

:clap: :clap:

so now you understand when i say JM has done an amazing job with the squad he inherited.

to date Lindelof and Mkhi have not impressed me, of JM's signings

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Zlatan has left Man Utd to join MLS team LA Galaxy: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43501402
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Zlatan has left Man Utd to join MLS team LA Galaxy: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43501402

That was Mourinho's own Schweinsteiger/Falcao.

We didn't expect a lot and all we can do is thank Zlatan.