Super Eagles: What March Friendlies May Decide

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles: What March Friendlies May Decide

Post by Tbite »

If Rohr values his reputation (among Nigerians), he will not do such a foolish thing.

He will undo all the hard work he has been doing.

If Akpeyi has some dirt on him that is fine let Akpeyi come out with it, we are more likely to overlook it than forgive him for fielding Akpeyi.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I don't care if Uzoho is caught between two minds or if Ezenwa is eccentric.

The number one trait a keeper must NEVER HAVE is a lack of confidence!

And it sounds like the logical thing to rule Enyeama out, but a clubless, experienced and confident Enyeama is a better bet than a keeper with lesser abilities and no confidence.

I would field Enyeama any day any time, before I field Akpeyi.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

smartbrother wrote:the left back spot isn't "vexing" to anyone who doesn't have a biased view
Aina has been doing very well playing there this season and Idowu looks a decent back up
imho, anyone who thinks Echejile has any business playing for the SE at this stage does not have Nigeria's interests at heart
Really? Some of you don’t know your football. How many goals did Nigeria concede in our qualifying games with Echijiele playing at LB? His experience gives hin the edge over those rookies.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Lolly wrote:
smartbrother wrote:the left back spot isn't "vexing" to anyone who doesn't have a biased view
Aina has been doing very well playing there this season and Idowu looks a decent back up
imho, anyone who thinks Echejile has any business playing for the SE at this stage does not have Nigeria's interests at heart
Really? Some of you don’t know your football. How many goals did Nigeria concede in our qualifying games with Echijiele playing at LB? His experience gives hin the edge over those rookies.
you accuse others of not knowing football but you attribute the goals conceded during the qualifiers to echejile's presence ? :rotf: :rotf: The irony
Only a football illiterate would give primary credit for cleansheets to a Left back not even Lahm or Roberto Carlos

Ok Echejile also played at LB in the 0-2 home defeat to Southafrica.
We conceded 2 goals at home and one of the goals came from a cross he failed to stop.
Is that the kind of experience we need?

my brother pls keep your grade school propaganda skills confined to R&R
Even if you choose to ignore the evidence of your own eyes consider the evidence of the various clubsides that have rejected him this season
The dude is stuck playing belgian division 2 football and you want him to represent us at the World cup
sometimes i feel some of you guys actually hate Nigeria
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

It does not matter what goalkeeper Nigeria selects until we resolve our midfield particularly in the second half. Against Zambia, Cameroun in Yaounde, Algeria in Constantine, our keeper was exposed to intense pressure when Mikel was removed. The two most critical players if and when Mikel Obi is removed will be Joel Obi and or Etebo.

We need engines to assist Onazi and Ndidi if we don't want to concede a late equalizer or lose a game. Mark my words.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

nzeogwu wrote:It does not matter what goalkeeper Nigeria selects until we resolve our midfield particularly in the second half. Against Zambia, Cameroun in Yaounde, Algeria in Constantine, our keeper was exposed to intense pressure when Mikel was removed. The two most critical players if and when Mikel Obi is removed will be Joel Obi and or Etebo.

We need engines to assist Onazi and Ndidi if we don't want to concede a late equalizer or lose a game. Mark my words.
OK, we have marked them. Thank you. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

nzeogwu wrote:It does not matter what goalkeeper Nigeria selects until we resolve our midfield particularly in the second half. Against Zambia, Cameroun in Yaounde, Algeria in Constantine, our keeper was exposed to intense pressure when Mikel was removed. .
God bless you for that observation
However i dont think the issue is a lack of "engines".
What we need are good holding midfielders- players like Anderson Esiti and Azubuike Okechukwu
players who can help up control possession like mikel used to do
Neither etebo nor Joel Obi can do that. Onazi is a poor holding midfielder. He gives the ball away easily
Ndidi is ok but he is more of a box to box player
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Idowu is better than Aina
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:I think folks will be shocked if/when Akpeyi is handed the No. 1 shirt...
Meanwhile, if I was a betting man (I'm not), I'll put money on Uzoho as 3d GK.
A decision like that would guarantee Nigeria is eliminated in the first round at the World Cup. Akpeyi needs to be dropped from the squad as soon as.......
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

lacidi wrote:
Idowu is better than Aina
You reach that conclusion Based on...?
I haven’t seen idowu play properly other than his brief cameo v Argentina
The only reason I think he should be included is he cannot be worse than Echiejile
Aina is a very good full back
If he is better than aina (which I doubt)then Nigeria is spoiled for choice at left back
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

smartbrother wrote:
Lolly wrote:
you accuse others of not knowing football but you attribute the goals conceded during the qualifiers to echejile's presence ? :rotf: :rotf: The irony
Only a football illiterate would give primary credit for cleansheets to a Left back not even Lahm or Roberto Carlos

We conceded 2 goals at home and one of the goals came from a cross he failed to stop.

Even if you choose to ignore the evidence of your own eyes consider the evidence of the various clubsides that have rejected him this season
The dude is stuck playing belgian division 2 football and you want him to represent us at the World cup
I see you are trying to hurl insults. :lol: :lol: Get some lessons from Zeelot.

You are as strong as your weakest link. Replace your Lahm or Roberto Carlos with a weaker player and you will see the difference. But I suspect you won't understand what that means. Echiejilie is an important part of our 5 man defence that conceded few goals in qualifying. Team chemistry and experience are vital components that have worked well for us in that department. And you guys now want to replace him with a championship player with less than a year's professional football whose positioning is woeful and who switches off most times. Wonderful.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The truth is, if we do choose to go with Echiejile we have to delegate our DM's to cover up for him like Agu was doing vs Cameroon and Zambia, else he will be exposed badly on that wing. But its a team game and you know his strength and weaknesses so the team will need to cover up for him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote:The truth is, if we do choose to go with Echiejile we have to delegate our DM's to cover up for him like Agu was doing vs Cameroon and Zambia, else he will be exposed badly on that wing. But its a team game and you know his strength and weaknesses so the team will need to cover up for him.
My question is what has Aina or Idowu shown us that makes people think they are better options?

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Lolly wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Lolly wrote:

You are as strong as your weakest link. Replace your Lahm or Roberto Carlos with a weaker player and you will see the difference. But I suspect you won't understand what that means. Echiejilie is an important part of our 5 man defence that conceded few goals in qualifying. Team chemistry and experience are vital components that have worked well for us in that department. And you guys now want to replace him with a championship player with less than a year's professional football whose positioning is woeful and who switches off most times. Wonderful.
Where did I insult you lol :rotf: :rotf:
I think you are seeing things to deflect attention away from your unintelligent reasoning
If aina is disqualified because he is a championship player where does that leave echejile who plays in the second division of Belgium
We did not play a 5 man defence during qualifying
Your lack of knowledge on this subject is quite embarrassing
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guys, Uwa is our starting left back.. the only way he wouldn't start, is if he gets hurt. I don't see all the errors yall claim he has.. he has been one of the best performers in recent games for us
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Bigpokey24 wrote:guys, Uwa is our starting left back.. the only way he wouldn't start, is if he gets hurt.
Ok Thanks for confirming coach Rohr
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:guys, Uwa is our starting left back.. the only way he wouldn't start, is if he gets hurt. I don't see all the errors yall claim he has.. he has been one of the best performers in recent games for us
Ol boy there have already mentioned the SA goal that came from his side, he was a weak link that was targeted over and over by our opponents but the team covered for him as they should. That said, I think he will likely start unless he's hurt or makes a big mistake in a game. But lets not sugar coat it, Elderson is not a very good LB, he is an ok defender, but provides nothing going forward. He only edges the other options out based on his experience, but that's about it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:guys, Uwa is our starting left back.. the only way he wouldn't start, is if he gets hurt. I don't see all the errors yall claim he has.. he has been one of the best performers in recent games for us
Ol boy there have already mentioned the SA goal that came from his side, he was a weak link that was targeted over and over by our opponents but the team covered for him as they should. That said, I think he will likely start unless he's hurt or makes a big mistake in a game. But lets not sugar coat it, Elderson is not a very good LB, he is an ok defender, but provides nothing going forward. He only edges the other options out based on his experience, but that's about it.
the SA goals were all due to Akpeyi and Awazie ( he wore the number 2 shirt) who missed a simple header.. don't come and re-write history

[/video]
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
the SA goals were all due to Akpeyi and Awazie ( he wore the number 2 shirt) who missed a simple header.. don't come and re-write history

[/video]
Did you miss the big hole at LB where the cross came from? Where was the defender there? :blink: :huh:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]
Did you miss the big hole at LB where the cross came from? Where was the defender there? :blink: :huh:
dude, watch again, every goal we let in , awazie had a huge hand in it
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]
dude, watch again, every goal we let in , awazie had a huge hand in it
But where's is the LB on that goal? Awaziem tried to come out and help, then had to retreat at his man was making a run in behind him and ultimately the cross went over his head. A good cross made by the fact the crosser had little pressure on him, even Onazi had to go and try and help, but where was the LB? Bending over at the top of the box after the ball went into the net acting disappointed?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

smartbrother wrote:
Lolly wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Where did I insult you lol :rotf: :rotf:
I think you are seeing things to deflect attention away from your unintelligent reasoning
If aina is disqualified because he is a championship player where does that leave echejile who plays in the second division of Belgium
We did not play a 5 man defence during qualifying
Your lack of knowledge on this subject is quite embarrassing
Go check the meaning of insults. Don't let me call you your name like others do. :lol:

And don't call it unintelligent reasoning if you can't comprehend.

The difference between Echiejile and Aina is so wide - years of experience including tournament experience, team chemistry playing with the same players and playing stats. FACT!

And 5 man defence includes the goalkeeper. You obviously haven't played the game or coached a team if you think the goalkeeper does not count as part of your defence unit. I didn't say defenders. :lol:

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I see Uwa Echejile's agents here campaigning hard for him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.