Men Akpeyi is really bad!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Men Akpeyi is really bad!!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

lacidi wrote:Akpeyi is back on the bench at his SA club. There is no way this guy is better than an Enyeama with one hand.
A great shame about the GK situation. I hope Uzoho stakes his claim in these friendlies.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
lacidi wrote:Akpeyi is back on the bench at his SA club. There is no way this guy is better than an Enyeama with one hand.
A great shame about the GK situation. I hope Uzoho stakes his claim in these friendlies.
I am just baffled that we are having a GK crisis. So we can't even find a decent keeper in our league as backup?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Riche007 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
I am just baffled that we are having a GK crisis. So we can't even find a decent keeper in our league as backup?

Truly baffling. :blink:
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Obong wrote:This is the recent freekick goal that is probably causing Akpeyi sleepless nights.

that was a disgraceful goal to concede.

Rohr is going to disgrace Nigeria with his insistence on taking this clown akpeyi to WC. This is a felonious offense :curse:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The free-kick was described as fabulous..?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

With Akpeyi in goal we are basically a goal down every game we play. He was terrible at the Olympics, was terrible in qualifiers when he played and terrible in friendlies. How do we not have better goalkeepers than him?
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:If a player is hated in CE then every mistake must be noted. It does not matter that others may make a similar error.
What matters is that he's a poor GK.
Yeyeman,

I do not rate him but sometimes I feel that his past is used to judge his performance in every game. That is just unacceptable, IMHO, if we are to be fair in evaluating performance. Go back and re-watch the Argentina game. The guy was not as bad as claimed here in CE beyond his mental error that led to the FK. Yet all you read on CE is that he was so poor in that game.

How about we face the facts? HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Ask yourself this, would any of the top 5 teams in Africa have a goalkeeper of his quality starting for them? Why can't we just accept the fact that he isn't good enough?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:If a player is hated in CE then every mistake must be noted. It does not matter that others may make a similar error.
What matters is that he's a poor GK.
Yeyeman,

I do not rate him but sometimes I feel that his past is used to judge his performance in every game. That is just unacceptable, IMHO, if we are to be fair in evaluating performance. Go back and re-watch the Argentina game. The guy was not as bad as claimed here in CE beyond his mental error that led to the FK. Yet all you read on CE is that he was so poor in that game.

How about we face the facts? HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Ask yourself this, would any of the top 5 teams in Africa have a goalkeeper of his quality starting for them? Why can't we just accept the fact that he isn't good enough?
TheHitman47,

Okay, would any of those top 5 teams in Africa have any of our current top three goalkeepers start for them? The point is that none of our top three has shown enough to give Nigerians confident at the World Cup. That is the point.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

There must be a Nigerian GK knocking about somewhere that can catch a ball. What about Osigwe in Switzerland?

TheHitman47 wrote:With Akpeyi in goal we are basically a goal down every game we play. He was terrible at the Olympics, was terrible in qualifiers when he played and terrible in friendlies. How do we not have better goalkeepers than him?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

It appears every single 9ja World Cup squad since we started qualifying for the World Cup must contain at lest one deadwood wastepipes player

It all started with Eguavoen in 1984 , in 1998 it was again Eguavon, Baruwa,Oparaku & Okpara.’In 2002 it was Efe Sodje, Akwuegbu, Ejiofor, Adepoju & Opabunmi, in 2010 it was Afolabi, Etuhu, Danny Shittu & Lukman Haruna. In 2014 it was Sola Ameobi, Uchebo, Azeez, Babatunde, Rueben, uzoenyi, Ambrose, Nwofor, oshaniwa, Agbim, Egwuekwe & Odunlami .....the 2014 squad had 12 bonafide wastepipes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote:It appears every single 9ja World Cup squad since we started qualifying for the World Cup must contain at lest one deadwood wastepipes player

It all started with Eguavoen in 1984 , in 1998 it was again Eguavon, Baruwa,Oparaku & Okpara.’In 2002 it was Efe Sodje, Akwuegbu, Ejiofor, Adepoju & Opabunmi, in 2010 it was Afolabi, Etuhu, Danny Shittu & Lukman Haruna. In 2014 it was Sola Ameobi, Uchebo, Azeez, Babatunde, Rueben, uzoenyi, Ambrose, Nwofor, oshaniwa, Agbim, Egwuekwe & Odunlami .....the 2014 squad had 12 bonafide wastepipes
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Uzoho kept another clean sheet yesterday. Now 14 in 21 games.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:Uzoho kept another clean sheet yesterday. Now 14 in 21 games.
Ok good, just don't post anymore video abeg! :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
:lol:

I wonder when you will say the same thing to Obong who posts weekly videos of Enyeama catching balls thrown at him by his brother-in-law in their backyard.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I wonder when you will say the same thing to Obong who posts weekly videos of Enyeama catching balls thrown at him by his brother-in-law in their backyard.
I'm done with those ones too, haba! I like the twerking ones though :taunt: :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ok great but We still need a 3rd choice goalkeeper not the wastepipes called Akpeyi.

Rohr has to be cruel to be kind and kick that bobo into touch. Imagine with that no confidence look on his face him go enter plane wan come play 4 Eagles then open Nash anyhow- 4 game!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Flex Swift wrote:It appears every single 9ja World Cup squad since we started qualifying for the World Cup must contain at lest one deadwood wastepipes player

The 12 bonafide waste pipes made it to the second round. I guess with your own 12 genuine article we would won the cup? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Vince ain't coming back yawl. Both Vince and Akpere Yi should be sharing a bucket of pop corn and a sofa, while watching the SE in Russia :tic:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I'm done with those ones too, haba! I like the twerking ones though :taunt: :tic:
Obong is sending you Enyeama's twerking videos? :woot: Odiegwu! Madam know so? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Obong is sending you Enyeama's twerking videos? :woot: Odiegwu! Madam know so? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Imagine if I had to deal with both the ones you are flooding CE with and personal videos of Vince twerking, lord God I would have offed myself by now. But no, I mean your infamous twerking videos...and you know what, I'm off those too...I don't want to 'collapse' again...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

pajimoh wrote:

The 12 bonafide waste pipes made it to the second round. I guess with your own 12 genuine article we would won the cup? :tic:
In 1984 9ja topped the group beating Bulgaria 3-0 Greece 2-0 and lost to Argentina featuring Maradona 2-1. It took extra time before 10man Italy overcame the Eagles in a game we should have had another penalty in extra time when Maldini pulled down goals father. Compare that with performance with the 2014 team that drew against Iran 0-0 beat Bosnia 1-0 and lost to Argentina 3-2 the lost again against France a team we beat in their backyard a few years prior. 2014 team was in the weakest group ever so getting to the second is no big deal. The confederation cup position was the true level that team was at
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Flex Swift wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

In 1984 9ja topped the group beating Bulgaria 3-0 Greece 2-0 and lost to Argentina featuring Maradona 2-1. It took extra time before 10man Italy overcame the Eagles in a game we should have had another penalty in extra time when Maldini pulled down goals father. Compare that with performance with the 2014 team that drew against Iran 0-0 beat Bosnia 1-0 and lost to Argentina 3-2 the lost again against France a team we beat in their backyard a few years prior. 2014 team was in the weakest group ever so getting to the second is no big deal. The confederation cup position was the true level that team was at
Pointless comparing. Everything is different, era, place, players etc. Tournaments are never the same. The rub of the green, the ref and their mistakes etc.

What you can compare and hope to match and surpass is achievement
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:In 1984 9ja topped the group beating Bulgaria 3-0 Greece 2-0 and lost to Argentina featuring Maradona 2-1. It took extra time before 10man Italy overcame the Eagles in a game we should have had another penalty in extra time when Maldini pulled down goals father. Compare that with performance with the 2014 team that drew against Iran 0-0 beat Bosnia 1-0 and lost to Argentina 3-2 the lost again against France a team we beat in their backyard a few years prior. 2014 team was in the weakest group ever so getting to the second is no big deal. The confederation cup position was the true level that team was at
First, we did not play in the 1964 WC - in fact, NOBODY did! :lol:
Second, you play the team in front of you and the 2014 made the round of 16, just like the 1994 team!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL