I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Post by highbury »

Granted it was a friendly and we need to take the results with a grain of salt, I question his technical know how:

1) How can you say you want to try different players and systems and Ajayi was only given 2 mins? What about Gabriel Okechukwu, Elderson, Etebo etc? He reminds me of Arsene Wenger who is really scared of change.
2) We couldn't seem to string 3 passes together. Iwobi gave us a little bit of glimpse and an alternative. His showboating annoyed me.
3) Whoever in CE is selling Joel Obi has an agenda. This man isn't good. Maybe he was decent in 2011. This is 2018 for God's sake. :curse: :curse: :curse: Joel Obi's agent is one of the best. His agent is everywhere and determined.
4)Without Mikel Nigeria will NOT make it to the next round. Zero chance! With Mikel maybe a 30% chance. Without Mikel 0.00000% of qualification.
5) Our striking department is very poor. It is laughable if we are going to rely on Ighalo. Non scoring striker. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .. I have never seen a striker who works so hard with very little to show for it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
6) Vancity Please don't you ever tell me Tyronne Ebuehi is better than Shehu. I know Ebuehi might be more handsome than Shehu but he isn't a better footballer.
7) I don't need BigPork's input. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It is usually garbage.
More to come later...
Last edited by highbury on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Insanity don arrive CE. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Insanity don arrive CE. :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

At least Argenina is losing 6-1 :rotf: :rotf: That has helped me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

STFU goat. Shameless agents has been waiting for us to lose all these while
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Joel Obi is much better than what he displayed today. His performances for Torino shows this
Ebuehi had a bad game just like Shehu did. Doesn't determine anything
WE NEED ANOTHER CREATIVE MIDFIELDER.
This defeat will have the same impact the Mzansi one did.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

He is not incompetent
But I am yet to see a decent Nigerian performance under him not involving Mikel
Without Mikel we are extremely mediocre under Rohr
not good
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I am worried that we have no alternative outside Mikel. None!!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Komani wrote:Joel Obi is much better than what he displayed today. His performances for Torino shows this
Shah didn't have a bad game, theres a reason Rohr didn't risk Ebuehi all qualifiers, he can't really defend...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

john12 wrote:Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel

correction, you didnt beat Poland, Poland failed to win.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel
Shut up!!! You know, and I know that we also sucked against Poland. We were lucky to win. The difference is Serbia converted its chances.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

How long has Ajayi been with the team? I think he really wanted to see how Musa would do centrally. He will get a chance to look at Ajayi in training and go from there.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Oh dear! Here we go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Komani wrote:Joel Obi is much better than what he displayed today. His performances for Torino shows this
He created nothing today though. That said, this was a good game, score notwithstanding. These matches help a coach with some not so technical issues as well. For example, who has big game temperament, a reason why you will pick a Shehu well ahead of Ebuehi, A Uzoho well ahead of Ezenwa (and I am serious here) and an Awaziem ahead of Omerou. Some guys can play even in hell fire, while other though talented allow pressure get to them. There is a reason why Mikel is indispensable - he is always calm
To stop trying is to start dying
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

highbury wrote:Granted it was a friendly and we need to take the results with a grain of salt, I question his technical know how:

1) How can you say you want to try different players and systems and Ajayi was only given 2 mins? What about Gabriel Okechukwu, Elderson, Etebo etc? He reminds me of Arsene Wenger who is really scared of change.
2) We couldn't seem to string 3 passes together. Iwobi gave us a little bit of glimpse and an alternative. His showboating annoyed me.
3) Whoever in CE is selling Joel Obi has an agenda. This man isn't good. Maybe he was decent in 2011. This is 2018 for God's sake. :curse: :curse: :curse: Joel Obi's agent is one of the best. His agent is everywhere and determined.
4)Without Mikel Nigeria will NOT make it to the next round. Zero chance! With Mikel maybe a 30% chance. Without Mikel 0.00000% of qualification.
5) Our striking department is very poor. It is laughable if we are going to rely on Ighalo. Non scoring striker. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .. I have never seen a striker who works so hard with very little to show for it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
6) Vancity Please don't you ever tell me Tyronne Ebuehi is better than Shehu. I know Ebuehi might be more handsome than Shehu but he isn't a better footballer.
More to come later...
After just one game? Ok oh!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

DIMKA76 wrote:
highbury wrote:Granted it was a friendly and we need to take the results with a grain of salt, I question his technical know how:

More to come later...
After just one game? Ok oh!!!
After 2 games without Mikel. How many games should we ignore? 2, 3, 4,...? How many?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Rohr you be my padi

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr you be my padi

And I'm not the bipolar/ anywhere-belle-face type of fan that will raise dust after a loss in a mere friendly at that. But the one issue that makes me honestly concerned more than anything else is Rohrs penchant for hoarding subs... not sure if that's just down to his principle of sticking to his first team players or just a lack of flexibility? I mean why invite the likes of Ajayi when you just throw him in at the dying minutes of a match? we have seen enough of Ighalo already in attack, and we are aware of his limitations... so why opt for a variance in attack to see if we can try out other styles, this isn't the first time Rohr has delayed in throwing in subs when fresh legs and ideas are badly needed (maybe save for the Argentina friendly). But in all we will learn from these and hopefully fix the gaping problems with more personnel and tactical adjustments.

And yeah, we badly need Mikel back in the team, unfortunately the balance of these team reclines on good old Mikel when we should have found his replacement by now.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Point of correction we were not lucky to win Poland. We beat Poland in front of their home supporters fair and square and you agents are questioning the victory. Colo mentality! Tell Poland to come to Lagos and see if they won’t chop goals
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Point of correction we were not lucky to win Poland. We beat Poland in front of their home supporters fair and square and you agents are questioning the victory. Colo mentality! Tell Poland to come to Lagos and see if they won’t chop goals
Rohr said himself we were lucky to win, so what do you know...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr you be my padi

Post by john12 »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr you be my padi

And I'm not the bipolar/ anywhere-belle-face type of fan that will raise dust after a loss in a mere friendly at that. But the one issue that makes me honestly concerned more than anything else is Rohrs penchant for hoarding subs... not sure if that's just down to his principle of sticking to his first team players or just a lack of flexibility? I mean why invite the likes of Ajayi when you just throw him in at the dying minutes of a match? we have seen enough of Ighalo already in attack, and we are aware of his limitations... so why opt for a variance in attack to see if we can try out other styles, this isn't the first time Rohr has delayed in throwing in subs when fresh legs and ideas are badly needed (maybe save for the Argentina friendly). But in all we will learn from these and hopefully fix the gaping problems with more personnel and tactical adjustments.

And yeah, we badly need Mikel back in the team, unfortunately the balance of these team reclines on good old Mikel when we should have found his replacement by now.
You’re a Shameless Agent. Ajayi was invited to this game 1 month in dvance and couldn’t sort his Visa/work permit issues that’s enough to be dropped entirely from the team. He is even lucky that he got 2 minutes
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If rohr said that then he is just being diplomatic shikena. We beat a 6th ranked team in HOME turf with their HOME SUPPORTERS and you call it luck. Nonsense
Last edited by john12 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:Point of correction we were not lucky to win Poland. We beat Poland in front of their home supporters fair and square and you agents are questioning the victory. Colo mentality! Tell Poland to come to Lagos and see if they won’t chop goals
Your pride makes you so blind. It is so funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Pride my nyash. Your colo mentality makes you blind. Invite Poland to Lagos and see how they would cope against super eagles. As for me, we beat a 6th ranked team fair and square at their house and you guys are complaining