WASTED FRIENDLIES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WASTED FRIENDLIES

Post by oloye »

Rawlings wrote:The friendlies goes to show Ghana would have represented African better
Whoever reduced you to this state of daftness needs to be brought before the seat of God's judgment.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
Rawlings wrote:The friendlies goes to show Ghana would have represented African better
Whoever reduced you to this state of daftness needs to be brought before the seat of God's judgment.
The same God who created sacrificial animals.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:Not enough players were invited. If you are gonna be submitting a provisional list of 30 players, you should have at least 35 players in camp.

Theoretically, especially, if we didn't bother about fifa ranking (should we have bothered), we could have used 44 players , that is, 11 each in 4 halves. We may not use up to that but I bet the players would have sat up the more. We used just one goalie in 180 minutes.

There are no more friendlies before the list of 30 players are submitted, meaning 2 players who were not on the current friendlies roster will be named and we cannot name any of our 23 outside the 30.

There was no competition for the slots. and the players appeared to play like their spots were assured. The individualism in the Serbia game was shocking. Using a combo of Joel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi and Wlffred Ndidi was a fallout of the lack of ample options in camp. So, we couldn't get another guy noted for attacking mf play?
Don't think it was wasted.

He played different formation and tactics. He tried some players in different positions. He gave the young Keeper two solid games to gain some experience. This will help out a lot going forward.

Kpom, he also tested Ebuehi in the shallow end and it showed that a) he was not quite ready b) Shehu is gem and that question should be put to bed. We also gae Uzoho much needed experience and as he is a rookie, he just needs games if not we are going into the world cup in a precarious position.

Over the past few games, Argentina included, we tested several formations with the same personal, by the end of qualifiers, most eagles watchers new at 18-19 of the squad, so when 30 people are invited and the same guys are used, what is the major issues. We need chemistry, we dont have the luxury of being 2-3 deep in each position.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not wasted. We got to see Uzoho, Idowu, Joel, and Ebuehi play extended minutes and the friendlies exposed some of our deficiencies. Also showed Kele is no AM and Ndidi and Joel are better in defensive positions in midfield.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
anointed wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:Not wasted in my opinion. This is the point of friendlies, test players and formations!
Are you satisfied with just 1 goalie in 180 minutes...Junior Ajayi given just 3 minutes...
Bros Ajayi is an unknown quantity to Rohr and has not had more than 1 training session. I didn't expect him to play much. We have more friendlies, by then Rohr whould have had a good look at him.
This is the problem with fans, from the comfort of their warm rooms and shiny keypads , they know how best the coach who is out there in cold,sun and rain assessing the players, fans believe they know who should play and should not. :lol:
But the coach gets paid. He can get frozen by Iceland but he must make our team hot.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe