UNBELIEVABLE! Agali, Aiyegbeni, Baba sent home!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

omonoba wrote:this is very bad news; now i'm in siddon look mode :|
Bobo na u i dey join so onto apoti
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Yakubu was only following on Diouf's footsteps on how to score
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

I have to look at this decision in perspective..there must be a time when all must be held accountable, I hope the NFA holds themselves accountable also if we do not proceed to the quarters. Then and only then would I agree with the decision they have made regarding the players. Having said that Baba and the others deserve what they got
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

chief nfachairman wrote:I am not a suporter of CCC but if camp rules are broken, and something as grave has going night clubbiing and gettomg back in the morning on friday, and a last training session to do final tactical work is to be held on friday bcos of a match on saturday, then it shows gross indiscipline and lack of care for how the team performs.

Babayaro and Aiyegbeni are known Night clubbers wihle for Agali na only headspin hin go fit do for club. I feel the only reason Agali came for this ANC is to sell himself bcos his contract comes to an end with Schalke.

MD,
If its on 3 players that showed this sign of indiscipline, then yes, they should be told to go if that is what the punishment for such offense is. but if it is 9 - 10 players or over, then some other form of punishment would be metted out bcos it means that we have more undisciplined players in camp. the players that stayed in camp, do u think they dont like party? do u think they dont like nacking? na only Babayaro and Yeyegbeni fit nack?

When i was in high school, i commited an offense and i was suspened, 6 months later i did the same thing with 6 others, we were all told to wash dishes for 1 month(but i was singled out for suspension bcos i did it the second time :) )
NFA:
I am shocked you were not expelled, since word has it you were caught "nacking".
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ikranky
Egg
Egg

Post by Ikranky »

I laugh at all the people you think this positive. Let me review.

(i) NFA had one year to hire a coach and failed
(ii) NFA /CCC did not prepare for the tournament
(iii) NFA/CCC allowed players to stay away from training until days before our first game
(iv) We lost our first game
(v) three key players spent a night outside camp
(vi) all of a sudden, we discover the need for disclipine and fire the 3 players a day before the second game (which we have to win)
(vii) Now we expect to do well in the tournament

Again, I laugh at everyone you thinks something positive can come from this. I have a deep problem with restrospective or chaotic application of rules. All of a sudden, we want to assert disclipline. Who are we kidding? There must be more to this story than what we have been told. I won't be surprised if Babayaro, Agali or Aiyegbeni refuse to play for the country again.

You cannot have it both ways, you either assert discliple from day one or you forget about it's efficacy. It's better to understand the present situation and work with it. Give players set days to go out. If they go out on other days in the middle of a tournament. Consider other alternative. e.g. suspend their stipend, reduce their going out days, increase their exercise regimen etc. Sometimes we act like idiots who squash ants with sledgehammers. Expullsion from camp is the ultimate punishment. What are we going to do if someone slaps Chukwu? send him to the firing squad? This is ridiculous
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am at a loss here. What is our objective at Tunisia? To win the cup or teach players discipline :? :shock: :x?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Both, without discipline we cannot win the cup she you get it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Ikranky[/color] wrote: What are we going to do if someone slaps Chukwu? send him to the firing squad? This is ridiculous
I wonder.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

When the useless administrators that dont know any type of authority other than dictatorship make scapegoats of wrong players. how can we look at their decision in any credible light as they fail the players in more ways than one and they dont punish themselves :!:
fledi
Egg
Egg

Post by fledi »

Babayaro, Agali and Aiyegbeni will not play for Nigeria again because no good cach will pick them anyway. Discipline has to be maintained no one is above the country or the game.
fledi
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Ikranky wrote:I laugh at all the people you think this positive. Let me review.

(i) NFA had one year to hire a coach and failed
(ii) NFA /CCC did not prepare for the tournament
(iii) NFA/CCC allowed players to stay away from training until days before our first game
(iv) We lost our first game
(v) three key players spent a night outside camp
(vi) all of a sudden, we discover the need for disclipine and fire the 3 players a day before the second game (which we have to win)
(vii) Now we expect to do well in the tournament

Again, I laugh at everyone you thinks something positive can come from this. I have a deep problem with restrospective or chaotic application of rules. All of a sudden, we want to assert disclipline. Who are we kidding? There must be more to this story than what we have been told. I won't be surprised if Babayaro, Agali or Aiyegbeni refuse to play for the country again.

You cannot have it both ways, you either assert discliple from day one or you forget about it's efficacy. It's better to understand the present situation and work with it. Give players set days to go out. If they go out on other days in the middle of a tournament. Consider other alternative. e.g. suspend their stipend, reduce their going out days, increase their exercise regimen etc. Sometimes we act like idiots who squash ants with sledgehammers. Expullsion from camp is the ultimate punishment. What are we going to do if someone slaps Chukwu? send him to the firing squad? This is ridiculous
excellent post. agree with you 100%. In fact I will repeat you again:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

oloye, every team has player(s) that breaks team/camp rules at one point or another. How you manage such trangression is what determines if you have a team to take you all the way or not.

Mind you, our objective is win the cup cos in future no one will remember the reason why Nigeria failed to win the cup, instead if we win no one will remember that the team consisted of party animal players as well as disciplined players.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

IAG
I agree with you, i will not deny that, sucess they say beget many children, that is why if those three had any brain, they will realise that was the wrong time , how did someon put it " go looking for shish". Yoruba's say you dont have elders in town and watch a woman back her child in a wrong way. What examples are these so called professionals and experienced members of the team showing to the likes of Osazee, Opabunmi, even Seyi.
We may close our eyes when we are winning it still does not mean we are doing the right thing and as long as you are not doing the right thing it will catch up with someday, it is called nemesis.
You guys still dont get it, these guys who should show professionalism of the highest order in camp are the one's destroting the very fabric of naija football.
Let me digress when i say a country like naija has no hope politically my friend get me wrong, the reason is, our politicians went to the best school in the world, Oxford, Cambridge, Yale, Havard, yet they come back to Africa to mess up doing things their colleagues here will not do. If with all they learnt over here they cannot change the country we have no hope.
If Babayaro after training under the best coaches in the world and playing in one of the biggest team in Europe still choose to leave the cam to buy "Shesh", then he deserves all that is coming to him.
Send them home and ban then if the decision was left to me, but i am very forgiving let them go home to reflect over what they have done, i wish the Se was under Saddams son's Hussey, i wonder what he would have done to those 3.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I always love to see Babayaro playing. I thought this ANC might give me an opportunity to re-assess Agali. Yakubu is good but not sure if he is on the bench I would be too worried.

If these ballers did what was FIRST reported by Kickoff and later "plagiarised" by BBC, and the Coach believes in the action he has taken to be the best for the good of the game, REGRETABLY I AM TOTALLY IN SUPPORT of the Action.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

oloye wrote:Both, without discipline we cannot win the cup she you get it.
The discipline should have started with the Faro camp or even before.

Had discipline been enforced in Faro, we would not have any indisplined players in Tunisia because they would all have been booted out.

If some players can skip camp and join the team in Tunisia or if some players (allegedly Kanu) can go to Nigeria to shoot a milk commercial instead of going to camp in Faro, then I see no reason to expell players for clubbing.

Other punishments should have applied.

I read a few days ago that Diouf broke the Senegales camp, but he has not been expelled. Are we suddenly more disciplined than Senegal?
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Its a Goal wrote:oloye, every team has player(s) that breaks team/camp rules at one point or another. How you manage such trangression is what determines if you have a team to take you all the way or not.

Mind you, our objective is win the cup cos in future no one will remember the reason why Nigeria failed to win the cup, instead if we win no one will remember that the team consisted of party animal players as well as disciplined players.
IAG,
Camp rules broken when everybody is happy is different from Camp rules broken when everybody is unhappy. If Nigeria won the first game for instance, there would have been a discretion I think. The fact is that CCC knew that he needs to assert his authority for his future career as a manager to have some promise.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Vincent read well about Diouf 's case, he took permision to go out, that he returned late is another matter.
As for Faro, they took permission and it was granted for them to stay back, well may be if Baba, Yak and Agali took permision to go moonlighting then i will be in support.
Part of every tournament tradition is to leave room for players to unwind after some good outings. They know this, if they cannot wait till then , too bad.
Please when you guys make this comparisons do yourself some justice by being honest, these comparisons even on the surface hold no water.

omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

The fact is that CCC knew that he needs to assert his authority for his future career as a manager to have some promise.
Oh, the real reason finaly shows up. so this is all about CCC's career.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

You guys are so funny. This has nothing to do with discipline, it has everything to do with victimisation, hence the protest and mutiny by the players. CCC will back down and he will look a joke. Mark my words.

Do you guys really believe it is just these guys that broke camp rules? If the NFA wants to punish players for breaking camp rules, we will have no player left in camp. :P :P :P CCC has victimised these players because they have been outspoken and asked for changes, they have told him to his face what they taught of him, it should be noted that CCC did not invite Baba and Agali. None of the players respect him as a coach, a lot of them do not respect him as a person. So the end result is this kind of disaster, when you master have undermine you publicly, you lose respect but they did not count on how desperate CCC is now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CCC is just desperate to cover his incompetence so he is looking for scapegoats to show the world these guys are the reason why I failed. His action justs shows how out of touch he is. What a prat!

Guys, we have just the quickest plane back from Tunis. :x :x :x :x :x

There will be more to come from this story. No worries.

Oga Chief. Abeg ansa my PM.
Last edited by Waffiman on Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Its a Goal wrote:I am at a loss here. What is our objective at Tunisia? To win the cup or teach players discipline :? :shock: :x?
Ol'boy na you dey talk like this? :shock: Common now the players broke the rules and they have to pay for it.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

oloye wrote:Vincent read well about Diouf 's case, he took permision to go out, that he returned late is another matter.
As for Faro, they took permission and it was granted for them to stay back, well may be if Baba, Yak and Agali took permision to go moonlighting then i will be in support.
Part of every tournament tradition is to leave room for players to unwind after some good outings. They know this, if they cannot wait till then , too bad.
Please when you guys make this comparisons do yourself some justice by being honest, these comparisons even on the surface hold no water.
I am being honest.

Still, I have a bad feeling about this sudden burst of "discipline."

I believe a heavy fine would have sufficed because controversy is the last thing we need now (in fact, the punishment could have waited until the end of the tournament).

I hope other players do not break rules because, at this rate, we will have no players left.

anyway, I am not expecting much from this tournament.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Wow this is indeed suprise news.I wonder whats going to happen now.Everything is going from bad to worse.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

I'm at a loss at what to say....
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep