OLISEH wins case against Sittard? [Title Modified]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: OLISEH wins case against Sittard......

Post by joao »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:which one are we to believe :lol:
Fortuna Sittard WINS arbitration case against former trainer Oliseh
https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5210621/fortu ... liseh.html

[translated]
Fortuna Sittard has won the arbitration case against Sunday Oliseh. The 43-year-old Nigerian the Limburg club have thereby not re-employed.

Fortuna Sittard was attacked by Oliseh after they had put him halfway through February on hold because of "repeated culpable act by the trainer to several people in the Organization".
Oliseh was there absolutely disagree and remarkably, immediately wanted to his job in the Fortuna Sittard Stadium back

The Arbitration Committee of the KNVB suggested Fortuna Sittard Friday, however, the right and came to the conclusion that there is a disturbed labour relationship.
Oliseh gave Fortuna Sittard at the end of december a period title. Right after the winter break, continued good performance. The former player, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus found its selection too narrow and clashed with the Board.

Salary
Fortuna Sittard of the Arbitration Committee must still pay a portion of the salary of Oliseh.
President Isitan Gün is happy that everyone within the Club are now just focus on the razendspannende title race in the Jupiler League.
"This independent Commission has studied in detail and is the case up to the official conclusion that Mr Oliseh no longer can return as head coach. That was his main requirement and that is now rejected, "says Gün.
"In addition, we are pleased that the efforts of the Lord Riordan to the heart of the matter, by unsubstantiated allegations and allegations to express, have found no hearing before the Commission."
Fortuna Sittard occupied with five more rounds to go, handsome the lead on the second level in Netherlands. The gap on the numbers two and three, NEC and Jong Ajax, however, amounts to just one point. The team of the Portuguese trainer Claudio Braga goes Friday on visit at Go Ahead Eagles
This sounds more plausible.

They basically asked that he be paid until the end of the season. He didn't get what he wanted regarding them retaining him as coach. They have to honor his contract.

If Oliseh 'won', I expect criminal charges against the club and its chairman.
Oliseh seeking to return as Coach was compulsory and I know this from personal experience from years ago when I took my then employers to court.

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case.

Oliseh is not wanted by his ex-employer, he does not want to go back either but to have a case he has to make this the central part of his case. If he says he does not want the job anymore then why is he fighting the case.
Waffi, you are extrapolating what was not reached in the judgment.

He remains suspended and the club is mandated to honor his contract.
Club was trying to wriggle out of the obligation of paying him.

In most cases, if you win, you will be compensated for the full value of your contract or until you find another job. Depending on your contract.

The judgment did not state that the club was guilty of what Oliseh charged them of doing. Rather, that they owed him for his wages.

Again, when the story broke, it was about the use of Social Media to level such strong charges (criminal in nature) against his 'former' club. Some believed he went about it the right way. Some like me didn't.

Please, show us where the court of arbitration was found guilty of the charges leveled against them by Oliseh? The next step is for the Dutch authorities to begin a criminal investigation on whether the club is guilty of tax evasion or attempting to engage Oliseh in perpetrating fraud against the government.
Thanks Cellular for your clarifications.
The worst thing, for a situation like this, is not to muddle things up.
I wish Oliseh the best going forward, and some herein need to learn that emotions did not decide this case.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLISEH wins case against Sittard? [Title Modified]

Post by smartbrother »

Oliseh had a good thing going and blew it
Those egging him on out of patriotic love are doing him a disservice
He should be hearing hard truths about his funky attitude
so he can make necessary corrections before its too late
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

[translated]
Fortuna Sittard has won the arbitration case against Sunday Oliseh. The 43-year-old Nigerian the Limburg club have thereby not re-employed.

Fortuna Sittard was attacked by Oliseh after they had put him halfway through February on hold because of "repeated culpable act by the trainer to several people in the Organization".
Oliseh was there absolutely disagree and remarkably, immediately wanted to his job in the Fortuna Sittard Stadium back

The Arbitration Committee of the KNVB suggested Fortuna Sittard Friday, however, the right and came to the conclusion that there is a disturbed labour relationship.
Oliseh gave Fortuna Sittard at the end of december a period title. Right after the winter break, continued good performance. The former player, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus found its selection too narrow and clashed with the Board.

Salary
Fortuna Sittard of the Arbitration Committee must still pay a portion of the salary of Oliseh.
President Isitan Gün is happy that everyone within the Club are now just focus on the razendspannende title race in the Jupiler League.
"This independent Commission has studied in detail and is the case up to the official conclusion that Mr Oliseh no longer can return as head coach. That was his main requirement and that is now rejected, "says Gün.
"In addition, we are pleased that the efforts of the Lord Riordan to the heart of the matter, by unsubstantiated allegations and allegations to express, have found no hearing before the Commission."
Fortuna Sittard occupied with five more rounds to go, handsome the lead on the second level in Netherlands. The gap on the numbers two and three, NEC and Jong Ajax, however, amounts to just one point. The team of the Portuguese trainer Claudio Braga goes Friday on visit at Go Ahead Eagles

They basically asked that he be paid until the end of the season. He didn't get what he wanted regarding them retaining him as coach. They have to honor his contract.

Oliseh seeking to return as Coach was compulsory and I know this from personal experience from years ago when I took my then employers to court.

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case

Oliseh is not wanted by his ex-employer, he does not want to go back either but to have a case he has to make this the central part of his case. If he says he does not want the job anymore then why is he fighting the case.
Thanks Waffiman! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Some of us - here - sometimes just want to talk even when we have no idea of what we are saying. Certainly, many people in this Forum hasn't been in a COURT battle with Oyibo people; therefore, doesn't know how the system works and are not in a position to say much, but unfortunately, they do
Go and learn the difference between a court and an arbitration committee and stop making an absolute fool of yourself.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

[translated]

Salary

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case.

Again, the "case" was Stittard seeking to cancel his contract after they suspended him as the manager. He argued against the cancellation of his contract. AND to be reinstated as the manager of the team. He only got one part of what he sought.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

[translated]

Salary

But this is easy to evaluate. If Oliseh seeks to return but is not given his job back then he has a case for unfair and constructive dismissal is hugely diminished. However if he doesn't return, then the Club might have no case to answer. The court simply has given the club a chance to redeem themselves by doing one of two things, Giving Oliseh his job back which seems unlikely as water don pass Garri and the bad atmosphere or risk paying Oliseh compensation by being taken to court for the second time. The latter seems to be the logical end to the wahala.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I believe the court didn't have direct jurisdiction over the contractual issue. In this case, one decision paves and strengthens the way for the second. Oliseh is in a stronger position either way.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

smartbrother wrote:Oliseh had a good thing going and blew it
Those egging him on out of patriotic love are doing him a disservice
He should be hearing hard truths about his funky attitude
so he can make necessary corrections before its too late
What good thing did he have going?

If his claims that the club was up to no good, then he dodged a bullet because that $#% would have destroyed him both internally ( he seems like a decent character) and in so many other ways. At least, now he can get another job.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

DIMKA76 wrote:
But this is easy to evaluate. If Oliseh seeks to return but is not given his job back then he has a case for unfair and constructive dismissal is hugely diminished. However if he doesn't return, then the Club might have no case to answer. The court simply has given the club a chance to redeem themselves by doing one of two things, Giving Oliseh his job back which seems unlikely as water don pass Garri and the bad atmosphere or risk paying Oliseh compensation by being taken to court for the second time. The latter seems to be the logical end to the wahala.
Bros, it was an arbitration committee not a court. The committee said that the club can not terminate his contract (hence oliseh's comment about him remaining an employee), but the club is not required to reinstitute him as a coach.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Although it is difficult to know what is fact and what is fiction based on conflicting reports by Oliseh and the club, here are my interpretations of events:

1. That Oliseh had a contract that required some payoff if fired before its expiration except if certain causes are established.
2. It appears that the club, at some point, was dissatisfied with Oliseh and wanted him out but did not want to pay the payoff on his contract. Thus, it suspended Oliseh while then proceeding to generate documentation to establish required causes to fire him without pay.
3. At some point, the club believing that it has acquired the documentation that it required, then terminated the contract. In doing so, it then publicly announced what the causes were.
4. Oliseh angered by the claimed causes, disagreed. In response, he then publicly lays charges of illegal practices at the club.
5. With this conflict, it was clear that arbitration was needed to decide appropriate solutions.
6. At arbitration, it seems clear to me that the Committee upheld some of Oliseh's insistence that his contract was still in effect. Now, it is hard to state whether this covers the entire period of what is left in the contract or a shorter period. However, it is clear in both Oliseh and the club's reports that arbitration agreed that his contract was in effect, atlas for some period, and compensation was necessary. Although, the club claims it had planned to pay Oliseh anyway but one does not know if this statement is simply a face saver.
7. Of course, Arbitration could not reinstate Oliseh as he requested. To be honest, I did not see how they could rule otherwise considering the bickering that exists.
8. On Oliseh's claim of illegal activities? This did not seem to be a focus of the Arbitration either because Oliseh failed to establish this or that he had merely used as means of demonization in response (to the club's claim) in the initial tweet after he was terminated. However, we shall know in the coming months because such a charge is more likely to be dealt with in court or by some sporting regulatory body, rather than by arbitration, IMHO.

I could not find two other points to meet Ayoakinfe's 10-point law. :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

[translated]

Salary

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case

Thanks Waffiman! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Some of us - here - sometimes just want to talk even when we have no idea of what we are saying. Certainly, many people in this Forum hasn't been in a COURT battle with Oyibo people; therefore, doesn't know how the system works and are not in a position to say much, but unfortunately, they do
Go and learn the difference between a court and an arbitration committee and stop making an absolute fool of yourself.
ABSOLUTE FOOL OF MYSELF? And who do you think you are? An IDIIOT? Be informed I have gone through both processes (arbitration and court cases) and in sometimes represented myself and, learned a lot as a result.

Yes I lost some, but I won some as well. Not only did I represented myself, but appealed one of my cases to the Ninth Circuit of Appeals (in San Francisco, CA) and have the case REMANDED. Thus, I was successful in my argument - obviously and hence the case was remanded - if you know what 'remand' means

Again, what are you, an IDIIOT? You stay in your rotten cubicle and think you know a lot, when actually you know nothing, only to come here and present yourself as a learned bastarrdd :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Odas on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Bros, it was an arbitration committee not a court. The committee said that the club can not terminate his contract (hence oliseh's comment about him remaining an employee), but the club is not required to reinstitute him as a coach.
Look at this IDIIOT! Arbitration committee can also rule for an employee to be REINSTATED, depending on what the contract of the employee said, or what the aggrieved employee is seeking/asking. Clearly, you don't know - in full - what arbitration committees do

I see you are a REAL FOOL! You don't know what you are talking about, but you are here trying to lecture those who know more than you do about this issue - dummy! I wonder who is making a FOOL of himself now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:

You are one of those who were jubilating when the news of this issue surfaced. Now, the reverse is beginning to blow-up on your UGLY face.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:Although it is difficult to know what is fact and what is fiction based on conflicting reports by Oliseh and the club, here are my interpretations of events:

1. That Oliseh had a contract that required some payoff if fired before its expiration except if certain causes are established.
2. It appears that the club, at some point, was dissatisfied with Oliseh and wanted him out but did not want to pay the payoff on his contract. Thus, it suspended Oliseh while then proceeding to generate documentation to establish required causes to fire him without pay.
3. At some point, the club believing that it has acquired the documentation that it required, then terminated the contract. In doing so, it then publicly announced what the causes were.
4. Oliseh angered by the claimed causes, disagreed. In response, he then publicly lays charges of illegal practices at the club.
5. With this conflict, it was clear that arbitration was needed to decide appropriate solutions.
6. At arbitration, it seems clear to me that the Committee upheld some of Oliseh's insistence that his contract was still in effect. Now, it is hard to state whether this covers the entire period of what is left in the contract or a shorter period. However, it is clear in both Oliseh and the club's reports that arbitration agreed that his contract was in effect, atlas for some period, and compensation was necessary. Although, the club claims it had planned to pay Oliseh anyway but one does not know if this statement is simply a face saver.
7. Of course, Arbitration could not reinstate Oliseh as he requested. To be honest, I did not see how they could rule otherwise considering the bickering that exists.
8. On Oliseh's claim of illegal activities? This did not seem to be a focus of the Arbitration either because Oliseh failed to establish this or that he had merely used as means of demonization in response (to the club's claim) in the initial tweet after he was terminated. However, we shall know in the coming months because such a charge is more likely to be dealt with in court or by some sporting regulatory body, rather than by arbitration, IMHO.

I could not find two other points to meet Ayoakinfe's 10-point law. :rotf: :rotf:
KPOM. As to point 3, I don't think they actually terminated the contract, but suspended him as manager. After they suspended him and Oliseh made his accusations, then the club said they would go to arbitration to see if they have grounds to terminate his contract.
On Thursday a statement from Sittard said they would be taking legal advice and looking to sack Oliseh.
"Fortuna does not recognize itself at all in these accusations, which were not highlighted by Sunday Oliseh to the club," the club wrote on its website.

"The case will be presented by Fortuna Sittard to the arbitration committee of the KNVB (the Dutch Football Association), an independent body, which will now make an assessment of whether there is sufficient grounds to terminate the employment contract of Sunday Oliseh."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43072901

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote: ABSOLUTE FOOL OF MYSELF? And who do you think you are? An IDIIOT? Be informed I have gone through both processes (arbitration and court cases) and in sometimes represented myself and, learned a lot as a result.

Yes I lost some, but I won some as well. Not only did I represented myself, but appealed one of my cases to the Ninth Circuit of Appeals (in San Francisco, CA) and have the case REMANDED. Thus, I was successful in my argument - obviously and hence the case was remanded - if you know what 'remand' means

Again, what are you, an IDIIOT? You stay in your rotten cubicle and think you know a lot, when actually you know nothing, only to come here and present yourself as a learned bastarrdd :curse: :curse: :curse:

The highlighted is all that I need to read to know how that turned out. :rotf: :rotf:

You are too dense to respond to. Carry on exposing your stupidity, at least you are pretty adept at that.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote: ABSOLUTE FOOL OF MYSELF? And who do you think you are? An IDIIOT? Be informed I have gone through both processes (arbitration and court cases) and in sometimes represented myself and, learned a lot as a result.

The highlighted is all that I need to read to know how that turned out. :rotf: :rotf:

You are too dense to respond to. Carry on exposing your stupidity, at least you are pretty adept at that.
Dummy! :lol: :lol: You certainly think everybody is a fool like you. Here in the USA, anyone can represent himself/herself if he/she wants. I did so and succeeded - several times. Therefore; when I talk, I talk from experience.

I am NOT an EDUCATED ILLITERATE like you who knows nothing about ARBITRATION and COURT CASES, yet is here trying to educate others. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Mumu!

On the other hand, you want to go to English Language? Ok, you are on!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:

Mr. English language, see the highlighted and please correct yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HINT! The comma after the word 'stupidity' is NOT correct :lol: :lol: :lol: and something needs to be done after the word 'least.'
Last edited by Odas on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLSEH wins case against Sittard......

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:WOW! :shock: congrats to him!
Mr. English, here is another nonsense written or composed by you. Take a look at it and correct yourself. Is the 'congrats' suppose to begin with a small letter? :shock: :shock: :shock: How about the second (last) exclamation mark? Did they teach you to use ONLY one instead of two - in this case? :curse: :curse: :curse:

I thought you are very good in English language and look at - the nonsense - you have written. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Mumu!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

You have edited your posts twice, and still left the SAME mistakes in there.

At least we definitely know where your village mumu is.

Keep on exhibiting your sheer stupidity. I don't know the role of an arbitrator? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:You have edited your posts twice, and still left the SAME mistakes in there.

Keep on exhibiting your sheer stupidity. I don't know the role of an arbitrator? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, you finally realized it was a mistake? What were you thinking before? Were you on CRACK or hallucinating when you chose to nitpick my errors?

No, I did not edit the mistakes, I left them for you to swallow :curse: :curse: :curse: :lol: :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:You have edited your posts twice, and still left the SAME mistakes in there.

Yes, I am from the village and I am looking forward to returning there very soon. However, I am surprised you are this foolish. You are so good in English language - according to you - yet your posts are full of errors.

Please see the highlighted in your post above, is such what you were taught in school? You are REALLY a mumu! I know your English teacher didn't teach you such. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Odas on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:Although it is difficult to know what is fact and what is fiction based on conflicting reports by Oliseh and the club, here are my interpretations of events:

This therefore begs the question, "Why did they want to get rid of Oliseh', despite the club's unprecedented success under him?
Its still a mystery.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Damunk wrote:

This therefore begs the question, "Why did they want to get rid of Oliseh', despite the club's unprecedented success under him?
Its still a mystery.
Not really. There are at least three scenarios/ reasons why they would.

1. Illegality. IF the club was avoiding taxes as alleged and Oliseh knew
of it, that would be a reason. There might also be purchase in depicting
him as a hothead and temperamental to discredit him as a source of
that allegation.

2. Power struggle. Disputes in an organization may get to a point where
the power structure is threatened. Oliseh even on a good day would not
be the cup of tea of insecure people. In a dispute, that would escalate.
Quickly.

3. By the time Oliseh was suspended, Sittard had already secured promotion,
or were close to it. His structure - players and assistants, were still in place.
That job was done and they could afford to sacrifice him and make him an
example.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:

Its still a mystery.
Below is from the Guardian UK.
Explanations will presumably materialise in good time; local media had, even during Fortuna’s blistering early-season run, cast doubt on Oliseh’s relationships with various figures at the club, describing his style as autocratic and dictatorial. He has certainly never been a shrinking violet but contends there was a “vendetta” and, while admitting he is an “intense coach”, points to the huge improvement in results and style his methods wrought.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... na-sittard

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ebyboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Its still a mystery.
Not really. There are at least three scenarios/ reasons why they would.

1. Illegality. IF the club was avoiding taxes as alleged and Oliseh knew
of it, that would be a reason. There might also be purchase in depicting
him as a hothead and temperamental to discredit him as a source of
that allegation.

2. Power struggle. Disputes in an organization may get to a point where
the power structure is threatened. Oliseh even on a good day would not
be the cup of tea of insecure people. In a dispute, that would escalate.
Quickly.

3. By the time Oliseh was suspended, Sittard had already secured promotion,
or were close to it. His structure - players and assistants, were still in place.
That job was done and they could afford to sacrifice him and make him an
example.
Good points.
Illegality strikes me as being the most likely.

Even though I might not be a great admirer of his inter-personal style, I have to admit that I greatly admire his willingness to stand up uncompromisingly for what he believes is right and honest.
To be fair, there are not many Nigerians like that. They're a rare breed.
I pray he comes out of this smelling of roses.

These kind of uncompromising qualities are what we need in our political leaders.
Oliseh might one day in the future decide to run for political office.
He can start with Festac Town. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "