Fashola wants Nigeria to submit joint bid with Morocco

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Fashola wants Nigeria to submit joint bid with Morocco

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fashola wants Nigeria to submit 2026 Fifa World Cup bid in conjunction with Morocco - See more at: https://goo.gl/ZKUSHU
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fashola wants Nigeria to submit joint bid with Morocco

Post by Enugu II »

So there is no deadline for such bids? :dream: :dream:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That must be a joke. The same Nigeria that can't maintain the stadium in Abuja or protect the people of Benue.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, that shared border would make for easy travel....like GH/Naija 2000

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria that can’t even host a beauty pageant :rotf: I doubt it this is true but if so Nigeria needs to avoid further embarrassment,how are you going to host the world with no lights and no running water?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pls go fix transport, health, security, roads, electricity, poverty before dreaming
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote:Pls go fix transport, health, security, roads, electricity, poverty before dreaming
It all means we CANNOT do it, either alone or with another country. Damn, I remember when we hosted FESTAC in the days, it all was heading in the RIGHT direction.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

marko wrote:Pls go fix transport, health, security, roads, electricity, poverty before dreaming
Paradoxically, perhaps being granted the hosting rights could lead to those things you highlighted being fixed.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

theYemster wrote:
Paradoxically, perhaps being granted the hosting rights could lead to those things you highlighted being fixed.
Yes, indeed. Ambitious projects very often are the catalysts for multiple instances of parallel development when well executed :!:

Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Yes, indeed. Ambitious projects very often are the catalysts for multiple instances of parallel development when well executed :!:

Cheers.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, that shared border would make for easy travel....like GH/Naija 2000

Japan Korea ?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

theYemster wrote:

Cheers.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Nigeria an stupid leaders...they want the finer things in life but failed to do the ground work to make Nigeria an attractive country.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

There is no shadow of doubt in my mind that APC members are from suffering delusions of grandeur. They will make one dollar equivalent to one naira, the country will have uninterrupted light supply within six months, Boko haram will be completely annihilated within 12 months there will be maximum security for all citizens within 2years. There will be social security payments for unemployed citizens and free lunch for school children. Now they want to host world cup. these guys are professional pathological liars just like that ambassador in this forum Lolly liar Mohammed
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

ohenhen1 wrote:That must be a joke. The same Nigeria that can't maintain the stadium in Abuja or protect the people of Benue.
You said it all :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
To stop trying is to start dying
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Egypt and Morocco could both jointly host the World Cup. They have the infrastructure and facilities. Both countries host 18 million tourists annually currently. They are also a hop skip and a jump from Europe.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

A LONG TIME AGO, I MYSELF WANTED NIGERIA TO BID FOR THE WC, BUT...

...I've since come to my senses. Nigeria has little of what it takes to do it - the finances, infrastructure, experience, culture of excellence, etc. This idea on Fashola's part shows that he's spending too much time away from his alleged area of expertise: electricity. If he has that much time in his hands, he should move on to the next major Nigerian utility project: pipe-borne water.
Bell
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kali wrote:Egypt and Morocco could both jointly host the World Cup. They have the infrastructure and facilities. Both countries host 18 million tourists annually currently. They are also a hop skip and a jump from Europe.
Both countries close proximity to Europe makes them a fantastic attraction, they already have the infrastructure in place, excellent hotels to cater for fans, airports and what not, to host the world cup, Nigeria will need to spend close to 15 billion dollars to upgrade all the airports, roads, healthcare, 24 hr electricity, world class hotels, security, something those clueless APc led government are incapable

Even countries that are world class, they still have to spend several billions to host these types of events, Nigerian leaders have lost touch with reality
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Clown
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

theYemster wrote:
Or just for that month and after things go back to normal,a one off tournament isn’t going to change a long standing culture of neglect and lower mediocracy is it?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bully12 wrote:There is no shadow of doubt in my mind that APC members are from suffering delusions of grandeur. They will make one dollar equivalent to one naira, the country will have uninterrupted light supply within six months, Boko haram will be completely annihilated within 12 months there will be maximum security for all citizens within 2years. There will be social security payments for unemployed citizens and free lunch for school children. Now they want to host world cup. these guys are professional pathological liars just like that ambassador in this forum Lolly liar Mohammed
Did you ever believe any Nigerian politician?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Fashola is stupid, very stupid.

But it is also a stupid story. Elementary journalism or blogging: When/Where/Why...elements that confer credibility on the story and permit assessment. A stupid Minister charged with power, works and housing in a nation which lacks all three...and he wants to host the World Cup!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

World Cup is Haram
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051