CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-2) 1-5 aggregate

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-2) 1-5 aggregate

Post by metalalloy »

theDunamis wrote:
platinum wrote: As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.
It was NOT legit. The rule book says:

Two opposing players must be behind the attacker for him to be onside UNLESS one opposing player plays a DELIBERATE ball back in which case an attacking player is NOT offside. The ball played back was ruled NOT deliberate and there was only ONE opposing player behind the attacker. So offside. Good call in and much kudos to the officials for getting that rare call right in a crazy tense and tough game to officiate.
Didnt we go through this same thing early in the season? Replays show the ball was deliberately played by Milner, and Sane looks onside. It looks legit to me sha.

https://flixtc.com/w/gse8bay
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
mcal wrote:...na wow o! how has the mighty fallen across Europe. Barca, City all in da dustbin :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said it before. Teams that hold possession more their weak link is in the defense. It has been known about Barca for long but some don't take advantage. e don ope dem eyes well well :clap: :clap: :clap:
Strange you guys don't say this when these teams are winning. No system is foolproof. It has worked for these teams that is why they are top and it will work for them in other games.
Exagerration is so common after big teams fall.
Barca has statistically been the best defensive team in Europe this season. They are undefeated in La Liga and have conceeded less than any team in a top flight league.

To say their defense is their weakness is beyond ignorant.
They just ran into a Roma team that had their number and played a hell of a game to turn around a 4-1 deficit. It happens.
No need to over analyze the result. Just tip your cap and move on.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hoping for

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

:woot:

At this point, any matchup is a compelling.
Still Bayern & Madrid havent qualified yet.
Let's not start calling semi-final matchups till tomorrow evening.

Are you ok?

You this dude you are pending on my ignore list sef smh :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

metalalloy wrote:Didnt we go through this same thing early in the season? Replays show the ball was deliberately played by Milner, and Sane looks onside. It looks legit to me sha.

How on earth was that a deliberate back pass? Are you serious???!!??
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

anikulapo wrote:
charlie wrote:

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

Are you ok?

What?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
platinum wrote: As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.

Two opposing players must be behind the attacker for him to be onside UNLESS one opposing player plays a DELIBERATE ball back in which case an attacking player is NOT offside. The ball played back was ruled NOT deliberate and there was only ONE opposing player behind the attacker. So offside. Good call in and much kudos to the officials for getting that rare call right in a crazy tense and tough game to officiate.
Didnt we go through this same thing early in the season? Replays show the ball was deliberately played by Milner, and Sane looks onside. It looks legit to me sha.

The refs have the final say but that ball off Milner will be argued about for a while...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Congrats to Roma and Liverpool.... :clap: :clap:

However on another note I can see all the enemies of good football are out in full force today....enjoy the moment, good football always wins in the long term.
Sky, stop it. Which one be good football? Roma were better than Barcelona in this 2nd leg, and until that knockout 3rd goal in the first leg, they were better too. Their footie was more coherent and eye pleasing. To me anyhow.

As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.
Bros, I applaud Liverpool and Roma.....they played great and advance I have no issue with that.

But don't tell me you can't see the undertones in some of the posts here today...on Barcelona, Pep, Messi etc....
Last edited by Skylolo on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theDunamis wrote:

Abeg tell them .... I learned of that rule during the world cup in South Africa sef as even the commentators didn’t understand why the Ref waved the goal off :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
charlie wrote:

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

Are you ok?

What?
They say it is not good to argue with a mad man.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theDunamis wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Didnt we go through this same thing early in the season? Replays show the ball was deliberately played by Milner, and Sane looks onside. It looks legit to me sha.

Again, the rule is not that it has to be a "deliberate back pass," the rule is that it has to be a deliberate kick/play by the player. I.e., Milner deliberately kicked the ball, the ball did not bounce off him. That is the distinction.

Also, Sane was onside when De Bruyner played the ball, with the ball coming off Milner, he cant be offside as he got the ball from an opponent. It happened fast, so i can understand the refs missing the call, but it was a blown call.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
charlie wrote:

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

Are you ok?

What?

You mean a bow legged coward who can’t hack it on the field and comes to CE with a fake name to fight :rotf: :rotf: okay keep exposing your sorry self :mrgreen:

MLK.
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

theDunamis wrote:

Not quite. First of, the ball was played by Karius (punches the ball out) then Milner players it before it falls to Sane so definitely not an offside.

Now if it wasn't Karius who played the ball first, then you can argue if it was a deliberate play by Milner. I actually do think Milner deliberately played the ball as he raises his knee to make contact with the ball. that is a deliberate play but I understand can be interpreted differently
Last edited by bonecrusher on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

theDunamis wrote:

Looks like a deliberate attempt by Milner to play the ball....except the ball didnt go where he wanted. THAT is the issue, it was a deliberate play by Milner.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Hmm Liverpool are the closest thing to barca left in the CL
They could go all the way this year
I'm tipping them to make the final at the very least
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guardiola did not manage this second leg well at all. No point showing up against United ,the league could be won on another day.

Souness has been going on and on why City resorted to 4 at the back, unless he is only asking for the benefit of the audience,i thought that was obvious. It showed that City were afraid of their second half form, they knew they have a dodgy second half form.

Unless if Kompany was injured, I cannot understand his playing Dinho as a center half....or I thought Laporte was a center half...

Guardiola panicked with the way he approached this game,his loss to United did not help his preparation...psychologically it affected him and his tactical approach to this game...because united sent an alarm bell off.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Nkume wrote:
charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
charlie wrote:

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

Are you ok?

What?
That explains it...For a second I wasnt sure if it was just illiteracy and he is the kind of person that thinks every debate is an insult because he cannot read.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
theDunamis wrote:

Looks like a deliberate attempt by Milner to play the ball....except the ball didnt go where he wanted. THAT is the issue, it was a deliberate play by Milner.
Bonecrusher and Platinum got it.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
charlie wrote:

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

Are you ok?

What?

Don't go down the rabbit hole, shake your head and keep moving on. :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Spendiola will go for broke. Spurs get ready for a bid for Toby.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

airwolex wrote:

However on another note I can see all the enemies of good football are out in full force today....enjoy the moment, good football always wins in the long term.
Over two legs Liverpool killed Man City. Please, you have come again.
The issue is not Liverpool or Roma.....it is all you "Kick & Rush" army celebrating like you just gained independence....because a football style that has rightfully oppressed you guys had a bad day today.

Just remember that Barca and Citeh are already guaranteed to be back in this competition next season while your team Chelsea play in the Europa......ouch!
To God be the glory
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As for Pool, they played for the second half....they knew City would run out of steam and run out they did. All Pool had to do was ride the storm in the first half like surfers....they did. It was a plan executed to the letters...perfect!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Over two legs Liverpool killed Man City. Please, you have come again.
The issue is not Liverpool or Roma.....it is all you "Kick & Rush" army celebrating like you just gained independence....because a football style that has rightfully oppressed you guys had a bad day today.

Just remember that Barca and Citeh are already guaranteed to be back in this competition next season while your team Chelsea play in the Europa......ouch!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It happens now. When bourinho lost parking the bus, he was laughed at. Its time for pep and his team to face the music too.

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

airwolex wrote:If Ronaldo wins the CL again, he will be way ahead of Messi....oh what joy!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
There is a WC this year, he will not goal hang his way in this great Real Madrid team to another Ballon d'or this year....sorry. :rotf:
To God be the glory