CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-2) 1-5 aggregate

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-2) 1-5 aggregate

Post by wanaj0 »

platinum wrote:
joplass wrote:
metalalloy wrote:wow congrats to Roma!!! Incredible.!
Incredibly organized defense. If Roma keeps playing like this even Pool and Madrid will suffer against them.
They'll be the weakest of the semi finalists and that's no mistake. It was easy for them today because Barca were like City....predictable. Also, that Barca defense finally got what was coming to them. Chelsea should have punished them in the prior tie. ...also Roma had chances in the first leg.

We will see. I don't fancy Roma, there's a reason they're 4th in Serie A.
Real Madrid is in which position in La Liga?

Pool is in which position in the EPL?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:Spendiola will go for broke. Spurs get ready for a bid for Toby.

That’s a pretty good call for City :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Congrats to Roma and Liverpool.... :clap: :clap:

However on another note I can see all the enemies of good football are out in full force today....enjoy the moment, good football always wins in the long term.
Sky, stop it. Which one be good football? Roma were better than Barcelona in this 2nd leg, and until that knockout 3rd goal in the first leg, they were better too. Their footie was more coherent and eye pleasing. To me anyhow.

As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.
Bros, I applaud Liverpool and Roma.....they played great and advance I have no issue with that.

But don't tell me you can't see the undertones in some of the posts here today...on Barcelona, Pep, Messi etc....
Okay, I hear you more clearly now...It started with Spain's dominance years ago alongside Pep's Barca. There are still people who hate Spain years after, still people who celebrated their world cup exit like it was gold. I think the 'malice' stems from the fact that many pundits acted like that way was the only way to play the sport.
I appreciate the 'tiki taka' footie. I also appreciate catenaccio. I think good football is a team that picks a style of play that preferably suits it's personnel, and applies that style to the maximum. That, to me, is good football. Doesn't necessarily have to be all out attack.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

:taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :taunt:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wanaj0 wrote:
platinum wrote:
joplass wrote:
metalalloy wrote:wow congrats to Roma!!! Incredible.!
Incredibly organized defense. If Roma keeps playing like this even Pool and Madrid will suffer against them.
They'll be the weakest of the semi finalists and that's no mistake. It was easy for them today because Barca were like City....predictable. Also, that Barca defense finally got what was coming to them. Chelsea should have punished them in the prior tie. ...also Roma had chances in the first leg.

We will see. I don't fancy Roma, there's a reason they're 4th in Serie A.
Real Madrid is in which position in La Liga?

Pool is in which position in the EPL?
Okay, I wasn't aware Serie A had the same level of competition as La Liga or the PL.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Guardiola did not manage this second leg well at all. No point showing up against United ,the league could be won on another day.

Souness has been going on and on why City resorted to 4 at the back, unless he is only asking for the benefit of the audience,i thought that was obvious. It showed that City were afraid of their second half form, they knew they have a dodgy second half form.

Unless if Kompany was injured, I cannot understand his playing Dinho as a center half....or I thought Laporte was a center half...

Guardiola panicked with the way he approached this game,his loss to United did not help his preparation...psychologically it affected him and his tactical approach to this game...because united sent an alarm bell off.
When Me and Platinum said the same thing last weekend, people were telling us that its good to win the league and get it out of the way. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Okay o!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Spendiola will go for broke. Spurs get ready for a bid for Toby.

City should send that Otamendi to auction market with an instruction to the auctioneer to accept the first bid.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

He has to upgrade their central defense. Otamendi is a joke. Kompany is not very good either. The bright spot is Laporte but he needs a partner. City have to upgrade that position and have needed to even before Pep got in town.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chei! Una no sabi how this day just dey sweet me for bodi. :thumbs:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

However on another note I can see all the enemies of good football are out in full force today....enjoy the moment, good football always wins in the long term.
Sky, stop it. Which one be good football? Roma were better than Barcelona in this 2nd leg, and until that knockout 3rd goal in the first leg, they were better too. Their footie was more coherent and eye pleasing. To me anyhow.

As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.
Bros, I applaud Liverpool and Roma.....they played great and advance I have no issue with that.

But don't tell me you can't see the undertones in some of the posts here today...on Barcelona, Pep, Messi etc....
Okay, I hear you more clearly now...It started with Spain's dominance years ago alongside Pep's Barca. There are still people who hate Spain years after, still people who celebrated their world cup exit like it was gold. I think the 'malice' stems from the fact that many pundits acted like that way was the only way to play the sport.
I appreciate the 'tiki taka' footie. I also appreciate catenaccio. I think good football is a team that picks a style of play that preferably suits it's personnel, and applies that style to the maximum. That, to me, is good football. Doesn't necessarily have to be all out attack.
Agree 100% Bro....

Funny enough I think Citeh losing is bad news for all Citeh EPL rivals next year, I had hoped (though always doubted it) maybe they will win the CL and ease off. They will likely go all out again this transfer window and under this manager, those complaining now will likely only have more to complain about next year. We shall see...
To God be the glory
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Watching Guardiola complain about ref decision...wao..when Uefalona was enjoying the patronage of the refs he was riding the wave like a King. Ref Obvrebo says hi.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Same old story with Pep. At Bayern they were blinded, they lost 0-4 to RM and 0-3 to Barca and people were claiming that you cannot win the the treble every year. He managed to lower the expectations there.
Now out against Monaco and losing 1-5 to Liverpool. Any other City manager probably would not surive that.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

City should send that Otamendi to auction market with an instruction to the auctioneer to accept the first bid.
...I hope the Argies line him up a the world cup let our young guys run at him.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:Watching Guardiola complain about ref decision...wao..when Uefalona was enjoying the patronage of the refs he was riding the wave like a King. Ref Obvrebo says hi.
The revenge of the Spaniard, against the Catalan. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:
oloye wrote:Watching Guardiola complain about ref decision...wao..when Uefalona was enjoying the patronage of the refs he was riding the wave like a King. Ref Obvrebo says hi.
The revenge of the Spaniard, against the Catalan. :D

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oloye wrote:
mcal wrote:...na wow o! how has the mighty fallen across Europe. Barca, City all in da dustbin :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said it before. Teams that hold possession more their weak link is in the defense. It has been known about Barca for long but some don't take advantage. e don ope dem eyes well well :clap: :clap: :clap:
Strange you guys don't say this when these teams are winning. No system is foolproof. It has worked for these teams that is why they are top and it will work for them in other games.
...I have said same thing long time ago, when Pep was still at Barca. Opponents give them too much respect as they possess the ball hence the tiki taka thing. But back at the defense, Pique and that other former Liverpool/Argie guy will be lollygagging, no pressure on them.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

anikulapo wrote:Hoping for

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

:woot:
That's what it will be.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Over two legs Liverpool killed Man City. Please, you have come again.
The issue is not Liverpool or Roma.....it is all you "Kick & Rush" army celebrating like you just gained independence....because a football style that has rightfully oppressed you guys had a bad day today.

Just remember that Barca and Citeh are already guaranteed to be back in this competition next season while your team Chelsea play in the Europa......ouch!
Horrible and sickening week for Pep and La Liga fanboys.
We wont be hearing from many of them anytime soon
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kofi86 wrote:Same old story with Pep. At Bayern they were blinded, they lost 0-4 to RM and 0-3 to Barca and people were claiming that you cannot win the the treble every year. He managed to lower the expectations there.
Now out against Monaco and losing 1-5 to Liverpool. Any other City manager probably would not surive that.
KPOM Pep is not all that,how come since he left barca he has not make CL finals?
When a team like Monaco and Liverpool outplayed you with millions you have spend.It goes to show that if you give Pep to other average team he will be expose big time.
In Germany he was wining simply because of coaching Bayern,if he was coaching another team there he wouldn't have won jack there.
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Otamendi is consistently trash. One of the worst 1v1 defenders. Dude is stealing a living and actually has pundits fooled calling him quality lol.

You lot should target him all game long in Russia. Abysmal defender.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

txj wrote:We've conquered all of Europe,
We're never going to stop,
From Paris down to Turkey,
We've won the f*cking lot,
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from Liverpool!
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...
:D
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

kastro11 wrote:Otamendi is consistently trash. One of the worst 1v1 defenders. Dude is stealing a living and actually has pundits fooled calling him quality lol.

I hope he is still trash till we meet him. I like the way he assisted Firmino for that second goal.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

kastro11 wrote:Otamendi is consistently trash. One of the worst 1v1 defenders. Dude is stealing a living and actually has pundits fooled calling him quality lol.

I agree 100%. The guy gives away the ball in dangerous areas at least 3 times a game. But I think the problem may be Pep's "play the ball out of defense, and I don't care if my defenders give away the ball" philosophy. John Stones is just as bad.