CR7 once again shows why he is the best in the game...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
CR7 once again shows why he is the best in the game...

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope Messi fanboys are now seeing why Ronaldo (yes he is the real R now) is the greatest player of his time? back to back this man almost single handedly won the champions league for Real Madrid, and he is en route in replicating that majestic feat again... Messi simply could not turn up and Barca got dumped by Roma.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: CR7 once again shows why he is the best in the game...

Post by charlie »

Tobi17 wrote:I hope Messi fanboys are now seeing why Ronaldo (yes he is the real R now) is the greatest player of his time? back to back this man almost single handedly won the champions league for Real Madrid, and he is en route in replicating that majestic feat again... Messi simply could not turn up and Barca got dumped by Roma.
I am a huge Real Madrid fan. Always have been since the days of Raul, Hierro, Hugo Sanchez, Burtagueno and up through the Figo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, and Ronaldo years to this present day team.

And yet, I can safely say there is no player in world history like Lionel Messi. He is Maradona, new and improved.
There is no argument in my mind that he is the best player in the world ever (forget generation).

Its not a knock on Christiano Ronaldo to heap praises on Messi. CR7 is the best scorer of his generation and a proven winner for club and country. There is no one more dangerous in front of goal in this generation than he is. Yet, he is second only to Messi in this generation, but second none the less for a simple reason,..There is a reason why No. 10s win the ballon d'or more often than any other position. Messi's position allows him to influence a game more than Ronaldo.

Yes Ronaldo has a torrid goal scoring record, but he does not have the same impact on his teams gameplay that Messi has. Its just the way it is.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

When Barca were Boogie Nighting Europe, time after time like Cindy Lauper, Messi’s half man, half amazing displays were mere consequence of the Xavis and Iniestas. Seldom, if ever, are Ronaldo’s efforts seen in similar context. Marcelo supposedly best LB, Kroos, Modric, Bale once upon World MVP. One would imagine the great Cristiano is lining up with Saint and Greavsie week in, week out. Yes Barca went out over two legs, the same way Real have been knocked out over 30+. Donde estas el Magnifico? Sh*t happens, sometimes over 90 minutes, other times over 38 batches.

Zelalem is better than both, at the same stage in their development.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Coach wrote:When Barca were Boogie Nighting Europe, time after time like Cindy Lauper, Messi’s half man, half amazing displays were mere consequence of the Xavis and Iniestas. Seldom, if ever, are Ronaldo’s efforts seen in similar context. Marcelo supposedly best LB, Kroos, Modric, Bale once upon World MVP. One would imagine the great Cristiano is lining up with Saint and Greavsie week in, week out. Yes Barca went out over two legs, the same way Real have been knocked out over 30+. Donde estas el Magnifico? Sh*t happens, sometimes over 90 minutes, other times over 38 batches.

Coach, what is your address? I am sending you my psychiatric bill after trying to make sense of what you just wrote.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

charlie wrote:
Coach wrote:When Barca were Boogie Nighting Europe, time after time like Cindy Lauper, Messi’s half man, half amazing displays were mere consequence of the Xavis and Iniestas. Seldom, if ever, are Ronaldo’s efforts seen in similar context. Marcelo supposedly best LB, Kroos, Modric, Bale once upon World MVP. One would imagine the great Cristiano is lining up with Saint and Greavsie week in, week out. Yes Barca went out over two legs, the same way Real have been knocked out over 30+. Donde estas el Magnifico? Sh*t happens, sometimes over 90 minutes, other times over 38 batches.

Coach, what is your address? I am sending you my psychiatric bill after trying to make sense of what you just wrote.
Even your psychiatrist is right now sending his own psychiatric bill to Coach :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Best at what again? Taking his shirts off and taking easy PK? Yes, the best I have seen so far.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Undertaker wrote:Best at what again? Taking his shirts off and taking easy PK? Yes, the best I have seen so far.
Tell them again.
Monkey dey work baboon de chop.
If the player involved in the penalty call took the penalty and scored, is he the best ever?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

charlie wrote:

Can we make it a class action bill? No be only you wey Coach dey show pepper for dis forum :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

That was a sweet penalty kick by Ronaldo. Chaaaiiii see supreme confidence! Kudos to Juve for keeping the ever dangerous CR7 at bay throughout the match though - a very difficult task.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
charlie wrote:

Can we make it a class action bill? No be only you wey Coach dey show pepper for dis forum :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf:
Coachito nwokem, biko, don't mind dem. They do not appreciate the beauty in your poetic prose. Folks, there is reason to suspect that El Magnifico Coachito was a psychiatrist in a past life. Bobo is reported to have quit the field after it was discovered that his patients got 500% worse after visiting his clinic. But iz OK: most educated peons don't understand Wole Soyinka, so how can they understand Coachito who is one thousand times more elliptical in his writing? :lol: :taunt:

Anyway, Coachito, how far now? Biko helep me congratulate our man Zidane na. Wetin? :D :D :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Messi would have ballooned the PK lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

charlie wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I hope Messi fanboys are now seeing why Ronaldo (yes he is the real R now) is the greatest player of his time? back to back this man almost single handedly won the champions league for Real Madrid, and he is en route in replicating that majestic feat again... Messi simply could not turn up and Barca got dumped by Roma.
I am a huge Real Madrid fan. Always have been since the days of Raul, Hierro, Hugo Sanchez, Burtagueno and up through the Figo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, and Ronaldo years to this present day team.

And yet, I can safely say there is no player in world history like Lionel Messi. He is Maradona, new and improved.
There is no argument in my mind that he is the best player in the world ever (forget generation).

Its not a knock on Christiano Ronaldo to heap praises on Messi. CR7 is the best scorer of his generation and a proven winner for club and country. There is no one more dangerous in front of goal in this generation than he is. Yet, he is second only to Messi in this generation, but second none the less for a simple reason,..There is a reason why No. 10s win the ballon d'or more often than any other position. Messi's position allows him to influence a game more than Ronaldo.

Yes Ronaldo has a torrid goal scoring record, but he does not have the same impact on his teams gameplay that Messi has. Its just the way it is.
Opinion...your opinion. But it doesn't square with the FACTS: CR7 has consistently proven himself in more than one club, league and for his country. Can you say the same for Messi? Describing CR7 as just "the best scorer of his generation" is disingenuous, my friend!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

ohsee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
charlie wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:
Coachito nwokem, biko, don't mind dem. They do not appreciate the beauty in your poetic prose. Folks, there is reason to suspect that El Magnifico Coachito was a psychiatrist in a past life. Bobo is reported to have quit the field after it was discovered that his patients got 500% worse after visiting his clinic. But iz OK: most educated peons don't understand Wole Soyinka, so how can they understand Coachito who is one thousand times more elliptical in his writing? :lol: :taunt:

Anyway, Coachito, how far now? Biko helep me congratulate our man Zidane na. Wetin? :D :D :taunt:
ohsee o .... sh!!!t pure comedy :lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Messi has carried both club and country. When did Portugal win anything because of cr7?