Possession football is overrated

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Possession football is overrated

Post by Bigpokey24 »

as well as defenders who pass from the back
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Possession football is overrated

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Yup! Goals are underrated. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Who is 'rating' what to begin with?
Pick your style, be the master of your style. THAT is good football. There is more than one way to skin a cat.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So if Spurs beat City on Saturday it means this city team has gone 4 straight game without a win?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Pep: Pepe le Pew, na me be this? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

kajifu wrote:So if Spurs beat City on Saturday it means this city team has gone 4 straight game without a win?

That would just be cruel. But trust Spuds to disappoint.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The current Barca team no longer play the possession game.
http://www.naijiant.com/
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ANC wrote:
kajifu wrote:So if Spurs beat City on Saturday it means this city team has gone 4 straight game without a win?

That would just be cruel. But trust Spuds to disappoint.
:agree: :agree: hope for a good game like the cL games
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

rating is overrated
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

The prowess of possession game stems from the fact that running round robbins on defenders can make them get frustrated, get confused and get virtigo...eyes turning them. So you score a few goals. However much of the flare is that you get free kicks in vital areas. You commit the defence into conceding penalty kicks. Worst of all red cards.
If you cannot cash in on these ingredients and dividends, your possession is lame. This is the bane of Arsenal. Arsenal rarely converts free kicks. Arsenal attackers do not take on defenders to force them into conceding penalties and red cards.
The down side of possession football is that it's slow pace allows defenders of the opposing team to cover and you will then find it dificult to penetrate. Another down side is over play, Here you will see that players keep passing the ball even when they are in shooting range so a slight knack from anywhere puts the ball away from them. In many teams that play possession game, the opponents just need to play hard and pack the denfence and a few counters get the winning goals for them. If you watch the games Arsenal has lost you will notice this trend. Same with games where Barca have struggled or lost.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.