Real Madrid 1 vs 3 Juventus (4-3)FT REal Advance to semi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Real Madrid 1 vs 3 Juventus (4-3)FT REal Advance to sem

Post by juventuss »

pajimoh wrote:
juventuss wrote:So where were the same cahones when cristiano was flopping all over the floor ?
If there can't be consistency with how calls are made then doubts like this will continue to cloud the game.

And the calls somehow always favor Madrid. Against Bayern last year, it was the same thing.
Lets start with the pen and the sending off. In your honest opinion, was it a pen and did Gigi's reaction merit a red card?
IMHO, it was not a penalty and my reasoning is this, Benatia was able to get his foot on the ball right when it was off his chest. Was there contact ? There is ALWAYS contact. Oliver bought the exaggeration from vasquez. He was already on his way down. Those that say he went through the player, what I saw was Benatia getting the ball from the side.

Michael Oliver did not give Joe Hart a card when he literally was headbutting him so I think he felt he needed to show his toughness on Gigi. A yellow, ok. But red . Unwarranted.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

YemiBrazil wrote:
juventuss wrote:So where were the same cahones when cristiano was flopping all over the floor ?
If there can't be consistency with how calls are made then doubts like this will continue to cloud the game.

And the calls somehow always favor Madrid. Against Bayern last year, it was the same thing.
Take heart Uncle Juve - your boys did well plus including deployment of underhand Italian wayo defense tactics to prevent the great Cristiano from doing the inevitable damage. You did very well against the best :mrgreen:
We know say cristiano is great already. How come there always is an *. Against Bayern last year, it was the same thing.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Seeing Mobster FC get booted out of the UCL gave me so much joy yesterday. That was a definite PK. As for the overrated Buffon, He will be back again next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is like a Nigerian official. Will never retire until he is dragged out of office.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

juventuss wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Lets start with the pen and the sending off. In your honest opinion, was it a pen and did Gigi's reaction merit a red card?
IMHO, it was not a penalty and my reasoning is this, Benatia was able to get his foot on the ball right when it was off his chest. Was there contact ? There is ALWAYS contact. Oliver bought the exaggeration from vasquez. He was already on his way down. Those that say he went through the player, what I saw was Benatia getting the ball from the side.

Michael Oliver did not give Joe Hart a card when he literally was headbutting him so I think he felt he needed to show his toughness on Gigi. A yellow, ok. But red . Unwarranted.
My opinion is Benatia never got anything on the ball. The direction he came would have taken the ball away from Buffon. I honestly think if that was at the other end and it was not given to Juve, we'd be talking about calls going for Real.

I seriously don't think we'd be talking much if that had been called a foul in the middle of the pitch. You just don't tackle from behind. Please show me any clip where he got the ball? Buffon practically picked up the ball that came off the chest of Vasquez
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gareth Bale: doesn’t this man get the feeling that they are just not into him at Madrid
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:Gareth Bale: doesn’t this man get the feeling that they are just not into him at Madrid
Don't you get it than they paid good money for him? Until someone is willing to buy him, what do you suggest?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

juventuss wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

You are seeing what you wanna see as Juve fan. Clear penalty for me.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

pajimoh wrote:
juventuss wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

My opinion is Benatia never got anything on the ball. The direction he came would have taken the ball away from Buffon. I honestly think if that was at the other end and it was not given to Juve, we'd be talking about calls going for Real.

I seriously don't think we'd be talking much if that had been called a foul in the middle of the pitch. You just don't tackle from behind. Please show me any clip where he got the ball? Buffon practically picked up the ball that came off the chest of Vasquez
My brother.. na just emotions dey make people no see that as a clear PK. If Benatia does not foul Vasquez, that is a clear shot on goal for Vasquez. I understand the point of "consistency". You want a ref to be consistent just as you want a ref to make the right call at critical moments. The ref got it right at that moment.

Did Vasquez sell it? maybe. On the other hand, the bobo is 5'7/5'8' and listed as close to 160 lbs while Benatia is 6' 2" and listed as 212lbs. Not inconceivable to see how Vasquez could genuinely have fallen under Banatia's "soft" push/challenge..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

balo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Not discounting that. But Dybala got a yellow card for diving when there was clear contact. If that wasn't called then, why call this one now ? If the foul on Cuadrado wasn't called then, why call this one now.

FORZA JUVE
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Real Madrid 0 vs 3 Juventus (3-3)

Post by wale1974 »

charlie wrote:
Cally wrote:Michael Oliver is a solid referee...the best in England in my opinion.
He has called an excellent game.
:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

juventuss wrote:
balo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Not discounting that. But Dybala got a yellow card for diving when there was clear contact. If that wasn't called then, why call this one now ? If the foul on Cuadrado wasn't called then, why call this one now.
But you also have to accept it was not same ref or on same day all that happen
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Beginning to be disgusted by certain fans. How can one attack a referee's wife over football.. Class absolutely shining through...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8