Joel Obi Interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joel Obi Interview

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:IMO, Joel did not look fit in the Scotland game. He was pulling out of tackles. Every player will declare themselves fit for the WC, just like Beckham did in 2002 where it was evident that he was not match fit.
He looked fine to me.
And with all due respect to your extensive medical training watching Gray's Anatomy, irrelevant... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:Your rebuttal is ridiculous.
No one said Keshi was corrupt because Reuben played (or rather warmed the bench ) for Kilmarnock

Keshi was corrupt because he had a pattern of picking trash obscure players such as Reuben, Uchebo and Mba ahead of established and much better alternatives such as (at the time) Joel Obi.
he then dropped them as soon as they found their way into better clubs like boavista and picked a fresh round of trash obscure players to market
Which suggests he was paid by agents or the players themselves in return for national team caps
He was corrupt as coach of Togo because Adebayor confirmed it
He was corrupt because the NFF eventually fired him for corruption (among other things)
Your conjecture is as "smart" as it is ridiculous...
Keshi used the same "obscure" players to WIN the ANC and get to the second round of the WC.

But of course just because you are personally unaware of players do not render them "obscure". On the contrary, it merely highlights your blatantly obvious lack of knowledge - and apparent lack of interest in enlightenment. SMDH @ arrogant ignorance!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote:Your rebuttal is ridiculous.
No one said Keshi was corrupt because Reuben played (or rather warmed the bench ) for Kilmarnock

Keshi was corrupt because he had a pattern of picking trash obscure players such as Reuben, Uchebo and Mba ahead of established and much better alternatives such as (at the time) Joel Obi.
he then dropped them as soon as they found their way into better clubs like boavista and picked a fresh round of trash obscure players to market
Which suggests he was paid by agents or the players themselves in return for national team caps
He was corrupt as coach of Togo because Adebayor confirmed it
He was corrupt because the NFF eventually fired him for corruption (among other things)
Your conjecture is as "smart" as it is ridiculous...
Keshi used the same "obscure" players to WIN the ANC and get to the second round of the WC.

But of course just because you are personally unaware of players do not render same "obscure" - but barely highlights your blatantly obvious lack of knowledge (and apparent lack of interest in enlightenment). SMDH @ arrogant ignorance!
So when did being corrupt and winning trophies become mutually exclusive
SMDH @ idiotic stupidity
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:IMO, Joel did not look fit in the Scotland game. He was pulling out of tackles. Every player will declare themselves fit for the WC, just like Beckham did in 2002 where it was evident that he was not match fit.
He looked fine to me.
And with all due respect to your extensive medical training watching Gray's Anatomy, irrelevant... :lol:
It's as relevant as Dammy's. And above all, Joel himself said he was fit and healthy. So, how do you like them onions? :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:So when did being corrupt and winning trophies become mutually exclusive
SMDH @ idiotic stupidity
Guess same time that being "smart" became inextricably-linked with a basic comprehensive deficit... :lol:

This might be a wee bit too difficult for you to grasp but the point was not about winning trophies, but rather than your blatant IGNORANCE of players is not evidence of somebody's else corruption.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

We don't even have to go that far...
Nwankwo Kanu did same in 1998 and couldn't finish a single game.

When you have a player who had played barely 10 games over 2 seasons (and only 90 minutes in two of those) from 2012-2014 due to recurring injuries and a grand total of LESS THAN 10 MINUTES of league football (coming in as an 84th minute sub) between March 2014 and the 2014 WC camp, it would be ridiculous and irrational not to raise questions and concerns of his fitness, despite whatever self-serving proclamations that he may retroactively make.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote:So when did being corrupt and winning trophies become mutually exclusive
SMDH @ idiotic stupidity
Guess same time that being "smart" became inextricably-linked with a basic comprehensive deficit... :lol:

This might be a wee bit too difficult for you to grasp but the point was not about winning trophies, but rather than your blatant IGNORANCE of players is not evidence of somebody's else corruption.
em did you forget you're the one who cited winning the ANC in a debate fundamentally about Keshi's corruption?
dont worry. short term amnesia is common among people your age

me choosing to address that specific point is no more " inextricably-linked with basic comprehension deficit" :rotf: :rotf: than you choosing to address my specific point about obscure players.
ignoring other points i made about Adebayor and the NFF confirming Keshis corruption

here's a tip using all caps doesnt help your sloppily-constructed (quite frankly stupid) argument.
write it down in case you forget
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote: em did you forget you're the one who cited winning the ANC in a debate fundamentally about Keshi's corruption?

me choosing to address that specific point is no more " inextricably-linked with basic comprehension deficit" :rotf: :rotf: than you choosing to address my specific point about obscure players.
ignoring other points i made about Adebayor and the NFF confirming Keshis corruption

here's a tip using all caps doesnt help your sloppily-constructed (quite frankly stupid) argument.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abegi, quit doubling down on your ironic "smartness"....

Yes, I cited and will re-cite the REALITY (not conjecture or feelings) that Keshi WON the ANC using players that in your blatant IGNORANCE you dubbed as "obscure" to establish the REALITY (that word again) that the fact that you are personally IGNORANT of players (an obviously frequent occurrence) does not render such players obscure or poor. Only a "smart" person fails to grasp that very elementary point. But then again, DEMENTIA is common among self-proclaimed "smart" brothers! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote: em did you forget you're the one who cited winning the ANC in a debate fundamentally about Keshi's corruption?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abegi, quit doubling down on your ironic "smartness"....

Yes, I cited and will re-cite the REALITY (not conjecture or feelings) that Keshi WON the ANC using players that in your blatant IGNORANCE you dubbed as "obscure" to establish the REALITY (that word again) that the fact that you are personally IGNORANT of players (an obviously frequent occurrence) does not render such players obscure or poor. Only a "smart" person fails to grasp that very elementary point. But then again, DEMENTIA is common among self-proclaimed "smart" brothers! SMDH
yeah? how about the reality of the fact Keshi failed to qualify for the 2017 ANC using players I have dubbed obscure and poor
Does the reality of that fact render such players obscure and poor? :lol: :lol:
How about the reality of the fact he was officially sacked for corruption
Those were more recent realities than the 2013 ANC
but i doubt you'd remember that given your unfortunate condition
:lol:
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Gotti wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Gotti wrote:Kilmarnock was NOT in the Scottish Second Division...
"But everyone knows this" - Or at least everyone not self-proclaimed 'smart'! :D

BTW, while I cannot (and has not sought to) defend Reuben's inclusion in the 2014 WC squad (a case could have been made for him at another time but definitely not by the time of the WC), who gives a flying #$%$ where our players play - so long as they represent? Until recently our starting RB was playing in Cyprus (and in Kuwait not too long aprior), and our starting LB is presently struggling for minutes in the Belgian second division (which by your leap of tortured logic proves Coach Rohr's "corruption"), while folks have been here on CE campaigning for the call-up of a player who was an actual Scottish second division player last season. SMH
I guess you are referring to Echiejiele. Since he moved to Belgium, have you seen him play for the S.E?
You are only trying to justify mediocrity over reality.
Ignoring your obvious comprehension deficit... :D
Isn't Echiejile (who's played LESS game than Gabriel in the Belgian 2d Div) still in the SE squad?! SMH
Was that your initial statement? Or what you mean is not always what you say?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

naijaguy wrote:
Gotti wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Gotti wrote:Kilmarnock was NOT in the Scottish Second Division...
"But everyone knows this" - Or at least everyone not self-proclaimed 'smart'! :D

BTW, while I cannot (and has not sought to) defend Reuben's inclusion in the 2014 WC squad (a case could have been made for him at another time but definitely not by the time of the WC), who gives a flying #$%$ where our players play - so long as they represent? Until recently our starting RB was playing in Cyprus (and in Kuwait not too long aprior), and our starting LB is presently struggling for minutes in the Belgian second division (which by your leap of tortured logic proves Coach Rohr's "corruption"), while folks have been here on CE campaigning for the call-up of a player who was an actual Scottish second division player last season. SMH
I guess you are referring to Echiejiele. Since he moved to Belgium, have you seen him play for the S.E?
You are only trying to justify mediocrity over reality.
Ignoring your obvious comprehension deficit... :D
Isn't Echiejile (who's played LESS game than Gabriel in the Belgian 2d Div) still in the SE squad?! SMH
Was that your initial statement? Or what you mean is not always what you say?
Still wrestling with basic comprehension deficit? :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote: yeah? how about the reality of the fact Keshi failed to qualify for the 2017 ANC using players I have dubbed obscure and poor
First, Keshi did NOT “fail” to qualify the SE for the 2017 ANC...
But that REALITY may be too complicated for self-proclaim “smart” folk. :lol:

When Keshi left the SE coaching post, the Eagles had played 1 2017 ANCQ game with 1 victory and no goals conceded - using and capping many of the supposedly “obscure and poor” players that are today headed to the 2018 WC: Mikel, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Shehu, Omeruo, Echiejile, Onazi, Ighalo, Musa, Víctor Moses, etc. Nonetheless, if you are perchance referring to the 2015 ANC qualification (we empathize with your DEMENTIA issues), exactly how does that change the REALITY of his SE team WINNING the 2013 ANC? Did CAF expunge the 2013 title because the SE did not qualify for 2015? Well, perhaps somebody should inform CAF because the record books still record the SE as the 2013 CHAMPIONS! That’s the REALITY dude, and only an especially “smart” person thinks that his hurt feelings or anything subsequent goes back to erase/alter that REALITY! SMH@
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote: yeah? how about the reality of the fact Keshi failed to qualify for the 2017 ANC using players I have dubbed obscure and poor
First, Keshi did NOT “fail” to qualify the SE for the 2017 ANC...
But that REALITY may be too complicated for self-proclaim “smart” folk. :lol:

When Keshi left the SE coaching post, the Eagles had played 1 2017 ANCQ game with 1 victory and no goals conceded - using and capping many of the supposedly “obscure and poor” players that are today headed to the 2018 WC: Mikel, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Shehu, Omeruo, Echiejile, Onazi, Ighalo, Musa, Víctor Moses, etc. Nonetheless, if you are perchance referring to the 2015 ANC qualification (we empathize with your DEMENTIA issues), exactly how does that change the REALITY of his SE team WINNING the 2013 ANC? Did CAF expunge the 2013 title because the SE did not qualify for 2015? Well, perhaps somebody should inform CAF because the record books still record the SE as the 2013 CHAMPIONS! That’s the REALITY dude, and only an especially “smart” person thinks that his hurt feelings or anything subsequent goes back to erase/alter that REALITY! SMH@
"hurt feelings"? lol
i see the more boxed into a corner you are the more large caps you use, more longwinded you get and the more gibberish you spout. :rotf:
Let me recap the points we have so far established
His corrupt reliance on "obscure and poor" players led to his shameful failure to qualify for the 2015 ANC.
Nothing can alter or erase that reality
Nothing can alter or erase the reality of him being accused of corruption by Adebayor
Nothing can alter or erase the reality he was sacked for corruption by the NFF
and although i see you struggle to grasp this basic point, i 'll repeat it : winning the ANC and being corrupt are not mutually exclusive.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:"hurt feelings"? lol
i see the more boxed into a corner you are the more large caps you use, more longwinded you get and the more gibberish you spout. :rotf:
His corrupt reliance on "obscure and poor" players led to his shameful failure to qualify for the 2015 ANC.
Nothing can alter or erase the reality of him being accused of corruption by Adebayor
and although i see you struggle to grasp this basic point, i 'll repeat it : winning the ANC and being corrupt are not mutually exclusive.
Which one is “large caps”? Or is tautology also a symptom of DEMENTIA?! :lol:

Adebayor “accusing” Keshi of corruption is substantively no different from an ironically-named “smart” heretic doing so on the Internet, and sadly the sole reality thereto is the reaffirmation that any nut job can pull an “accusation” out of his lower orifice - pretty much in the same manner similar nutsos “accused” Michelle Obama of being a tranny. REALITY is the Internet is chock full of “smart” nut jobs with a “poor and obscure” grasp on REALITY, including an irrational fear of capital letters. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Deluded, Ignorant and a fraudulent LIAR... :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33401116
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
Which one is “large caps”? Or is tautology also a symptom of DEMENTIA?! :lol:

Adebayor “accusing” Keshi of corruption is substantively no different from an ironically-named “smart” heretic doing so on the Internet, and sadly the sole reality thereto is the reaffirmation that any nut job can pull an “accusation” out of his lower orifice - pretty much in the same manner similar nutsos “accused” Michelle Obama of being a tranny. REALITY is the Internet is chock full of “smart” nut jobs with a “poor and obscure” grasp on REALITY, including an irrational fear of capital letters. SMDH
no wonder they call you GOATTI
just meh meh meh meh nonstop
hoping your longwinded blather will divert attention away from emptiness of your logic and ill-formed arguments
Adebayor's evidence against Keshi taken in isolation may not be worth much
But when considered in conjunction with other facts - such as Keshi getting sacked for corruption by the NFF, Keshi repeatedly selecting obscure trash like Reuben, Uchebo, Mba etc until they found new clubs, etc - it is a damning allegation.
NFF did not conspire with Adebayor to paint Keshi as corrupt.
They reached their respective conclusions on him independently. (As did I by the way)
Any way i think this discussion has run its course (i.e i'm bored)
plus i have already broken two of my cardinal rules on this thread
Saying not-so-nice things about the dead, and arguing with a senile senior citizen
Corruption notwithstanding, Keshi achieved incredible things for Nigeria
May he R.I.P
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
Deluded, Ignorant and a fraudulent LIAR... :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33401116
Stupid senile retarded Goat :rotf: :rotf:
https://africanfootball.com/news/542564 ... eria-coach
If Okechukwu did not and does not play for any known league locally or internationally, then the only probable and safe conclusion why Keshi brought him o the Super Eagles is for personal interest or on the basis of ethnicity or religious lines which is a grave violation of the code of conduct for coaches in schedule 1 of the contract.

( b ) Coaches must not take decision based on personal interest e.g. collecting gratifications, insisting on becoming players’ managers or players’ agents.

( c ) Coaches must not use ethnic or religious criteria for evaluating.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:no wonder they call you GOATTI
hoping your longwinded blather will divert attention away from emptiness of your logic and ill-formed arguments
But when considered in conjunction with other facts - such as Keshi getting sacked for corruption by the NFF, Keshi repeatedly selecting obscure trash like Reuben, Uchebo, Mba etc until they found new clubs, etc - it is a damning allegation.
They reached their respective conclusions on him independently. (As did I by the way)
Saying not-so-nice things about the dead, and arguing with a senile senior citizen
May he R.I.P
Yep! Greatest Of All Time Till Infinity... :lol:

Meanwhile, you are not bored but simply out of ignorant drivel. But just quit with your fraudulent LIES - the linked BBC article contains the written specified reasons given by the NFF for Keshi’s firing and NOWHERE (oops! Caps again) is corruption even implied much less alleged. You may be corrupt but quit with the moronic presumption that all other Nigerians are. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote:no wonder they call you GOATTI
May he R.I.P
Yep! Greatest Of All Time Till Infinity... :lol:

Meanwhile, you are not bored but simply out of ignorant drivel.
But just quit with your fraudulent LIES - the linked BBC article contains the written specified reasons given by the NFF for Keshi’s firing and NOWHERE (oops! Caps again) is corruption even implied much less alleged. You may be corrupt but quit with the moronic presumption that all other Nigerians are. SMDH
yep, unlike you I dont have an endless supply of ignorant drivel to spew on the internet
And pls quit with your idiocy
The link i provided clearly shows the reasons NFF gave for his sacking were directly linked to his corruption!
also I never suggested all Nigerians are corrupt. Keshi was just one Nigerian.
Another subtle point i dont expect you to grasp given how dense you are.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:https://africanfootball.com/news/542564 ... eria-coach
If Okechukwu did not and does not play for any known league locally or internationally, then the only probable and safe conclusion why Keshi brought him o the Super Eagles is for personal interest or on the basis of ethnicity or religious lines which is a grave violation of the code of conduct for coaches in schedule 1 of the contract.

( b ) Coaches must not take decision based on personal interest e.g. collecting gratifications, insisting on becoming players’ managers or players’ agents.

More evidence of DEMENTIA... :lol:
Our “smart” fella FRAUDULENTLY highlights what is merely a contractual provision as if it is a finding.

Dude, the actual “probable” (to employ the exact words of the document) conclusion in the limited worldview of Amaju Pinnick’s committee is that the invitation of Gabriel Okechukwu was must have been due to religious affinity or TRIBALISM (which tells you everything you need to know about their worldview), or alternatively some sort of undefined and nebulous “personal interest” (as if trying to win trophies and games is not in the “personal interest” of every coach), because despite giving Keshi the SPECIFIC mandate to discover new talent, they did not agree with his own personal professional judgment and criteria in doing so (perhaps he did not ‘discover’ their client-players). Nonetheless, unsurprisingly such primordial ineptitude and worldview is applauded by our resident “smart” ignoramus - birds of the same feather and all. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote:https://africanfootball.com/news/542564 ... eria-coach

More evidence of DEMENTIA... :lol:
Our “smart” fella FRAUDULENTLY highlights what is merely a contractual provision as if it is a finding.

Dude, the actual “probable” (to employ the exact words of the document) conclusion in the limited worldview of Amaju Pinnick’s committee is that the invitation of Gabriel Okechukwu was must have been due to religious affinity or TRIBALISM (which tells you everything you need to know about their worldview), or alternatively some sort of undefined and nebulous “personal interest” (as if trying to win trophies and games is not in the “personal interest” of every coach), because despite giving Keshi the SPECIFIC mandate to discover new talent, they did not agree with his own personal professional judgment and criteria in doing so (perhaps he did not ‘discover’ their client-players). Nonetheless, unsurprisingly such primordial ineptitude and worldview is applauded by our resident “smart” ignoramus - birds of the same feather and all. SMH
lol A few minutes ago you claimed "NOWHERE is corruption even implied much less alleged" in the reasons given by the NFF for his firing
Now you're presented with evidence to contrary its another round of meh meh meh meh
Shut up and accept when you're wrong
my god what a stupid STUPID ignorant goat
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:lol A few minutes ago you claimed "NOWHERE is corruption even implied much less alleged" in the reasons given by the NFF for his firing
Now you're presented with evidence to contrary its another round of meh meh meh meh
Damn! The ignorant drivel continues unabated... :laugh:

Initially, I could not decide whether you were just too STUPID to differentiate between a mere contractual provision and an actual finding of fact or if you were FRAUDULENTLY trying to conflate both (having already established you to be a LIAR), but sadly it appears that the stupidity and ignorance runs far deeper than we all suspected when a cruel person tagged you with the pointedly-ironic moniker of “smart” brother. The NFF issued PUBLIC written reasons for dismissing Keshi (as contained in the BBC article) and I reaffirm that “NOWHERE is corruption even implied much less alleged” therein. Even the Dimwits in the NFF were obviously less challenged than you not to publicly proffer the internal NFF committee document (that even then merely raises the “probability” of nebulous “personal interests”) as the reason for Keshi’s dismissal - as any half-decent lawyer would have easily rendered them financially bankrupt. Read, COMPREHEND (a crucial step) before spewing ignorant drivel. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote:lol A few minutes ago you claimed "NOWHERE is corruption even implied much less alleged" in the reasons given by the NFF for his firing
Damn! The ignorant drivel continues unabated... :laugh:

Initially, I could not decide whether you were just too STUPID to differentiate between a mere contractual provision and an actual finding of fact or if you were FRAUDULENTLY trying to conflate both
hahaha
Wow you are even more STUPID and goat like than i gave you credit for
So This is not a finding?
lmao
NFF wrote: If Okechukwu did not and does not play for any known league locally or internationally, then the only probable and safe conclusion why Keshi brought him to the Super Eagles is for personal interest or on the basis of ethnicity or religious lines which is a grave violation of the code of conduct for coaches in schedule 1 of the contract.