Gunners, the State of our Union 2015/2016 season...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gunners, the State of our Union 2014/2015 season...

Post by mmeny »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I fancy Arsenal to beat Man Utd...Complacency wont be an issue come Sunday, expect genuine effort and all 3 points.
Story!!! Arsenal beat Man United? Pass that dutch
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

mmeny wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:I fancy Arsenal to beat Man Utd...Complacency wont be an issue come Sunday, expect genuine effort and all 3 points.
Recall this doom and gloom last season , assumptions Arsenal will lose to "mighty" Man City and Man Utd.

Complacency wont be an issue, Arsenal will play their best game of the season after that disgrace in the CL and nick all 3 points.

Yet just as likely to no show 2 weeks later @ Watford and lose.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:...Coming soon :D
Wenger seems to have placed priority of the League over the CL. He is playing weakened teams in the CL. As for the state of the Union, it is very strong. It is right clubs like Arsenal and the Manager gets hammered after a performance like last night. It is not acceptable that the Manager has presided over 3 goals conceded shambles against Anderlecht, Monaco and now Olympiakos.

Having said that, there are a lot of positives so far this season and I am confident the team will go on get better and stronger. What is clear so far is, there is no team running away with the league this season, so I am keeping the faith and hoping we challenge and win something again. I prefer to win the title of course but another FA Cup will suit me nicely.
if what you said is true, then, that's quite disappointing from the manager and club. It makes absolutely no sense to prioritize EPL over ECL. The ECL is more prestigious and being a cup competition, you never know what can happen. When you are in it, you just have to give it your best shot.
After the shambles on Tuesday, I watched a lot of the anger/frustration from Arsenal fans. I didnt blame Wenger as much of the other fans did, because I believed that the team he sent out was strong enough. I didnt think Ospina was going to be such an a.s.s.hole. Based on Gibbs performance against spuds, i thought his selection was merited. As for Coq, well, a lot of Arsenal fans had been calling for him to be given a starting role all summer. Overall, i thought the team was strong enough to go their and win. When they didnt, i sympathized with the coach, because i felt his players had let him down massively. It was such a huge disappointment to be honest
My bro, I am guessing because he has made too many changes for the 2 games they have lost. Having said that, you are right when you say the team out there was good enough to win on the day. The Manager placed too much faith on the players and they let him and us down massively.

I must say, Wenger's teams use to be good in the CL with qualification out of the group stages guaranteed. Wenger mainly kept it tight and his teams were patient. This is how he got to a CL final. But in recent seasons, he has changed tactics, become more expansive, consequently we have had these results. I must also add, that for me watching these games live, teams in Europe are now just as fast and physical as EPL teams. They have always been very good tactically but lacked the heart and physical preparedness. For me, this has been the biggest change I have witnessed in European teams at the Emirates, especially when compared to Highbury.

The EPL must now make allowances for their teas like they do in Europe. They must start by allowing CL teams play on Friday. I am tired of watching Arsenal play dead players, especially at this time of the year due to international breaks and too many games plus travelling. Wenger has tried to counter this by rotating but it has backfired.

Overall, I'm still hopeful for the season, I have seen a lot of positives in this team this season to say an early exit has its positives.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Wenger seems to have placed priority of the League over the CL. He is playing weakened teams in the CL. As for the state of the Union, it is very strong. It is right clubs like Arsenal and the Manager gets hammered after a performance like last night. It is not acceptable that the Manager has presided over 3 goals conceded shambles against Anderlecht, Monaco and now Olympiakos.

Having said that, there are a lot of positives so far this season and I am confident the team will go on get better and stronger. What is clear so far is, there is no team running away with the league this season, so I am keeping the faith and hoping we challenge and win something again. I prefer to win the title of course but another FA Cup will suit me nicely.
if what you said is true, then, that's quite disappointing from the manager and club. It makes absolutely no sense to prioritize EPL over ECL. The ECL is more prestigious and being a cup competition, you never know what can happen. When you are in it, you just have to give it your best shot.
After the shambles on Tuesday, I watched a lot of the anger/frustration from Arsenal fans. I didnt blame Wenger as much of the other fans did, because I believed that the team he sent out was strong enough. I didnt think Ospina was going to be such an a.s.s.hole. Based on Gibbs performance against spuds, i thought his selection was merited. As for Coq, well, a lot of Arsenal fans had been calling for him to be given a starting role all summer. Overall, i thought the team was strong enough to go their and win. When they didnt, i sympathized with the coach, because i felt his players had let him down massively. It was such a huge disappointment to be honest
The fact that you agree with Wenger's decisions doesn't make them the right choices.

The team (and coach) isn't good enuff...period!!! Facts are facts, feelings are feelings.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ekorian wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The dude thinks he's on Sesame Street talking to Muppets.

He's trying to slyly put that narrative in our subconscious that Wenger is prioritizing the league as excuse for the poor performance. This the same dude who claimed the team was good enough to compete on all fronts. So now they're not and he is picking his battles? :mrgreen:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The fact that you agree with Wenger's decisions doesn't make them the right choices.

The team (and coach) isn't good enuff...period!!! Facts are facts, feelings are feelings.
Yes, I agree with Wenger because I take a lang term holistic view about Arsenal. Besides, Arsenal are FA cup winners for the past two years. On the basis of my experience of watching the game and understand the game and how it is run for over 20 years in England. I may not know much but I have vast experience of watching and supporting. I know my position is right. If it was wrong, Wenger will be long gone. No bad Manager keeps a job for 19 years inane league.

You lot are only screaming and wishing against all hope the team do badly so the Manager somehow goes, You are all in lala land. In fact, you lot really do not have a clue. Honestly! Do you think Arsenal football club will listen to your foolish rantings against a man like him?

To show how ridiculous young your ilk are. How can a team, in a position to go top of the league should they win on Sunday not be good enough. It is only here I read such rubbish. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

On the basis of Arsenal's position in the league alone, your opinion of the team not being good enough is pure and arrant nonsense. The facts are in the league table not your feelings and bias. I don't do feelings, I do cold hard facts with the stats to back up every position I take. The evidence is all over this Board, Twitter and a Blog. Of course, anyone with a clue about football, will not look at the league table and spew the crap you have written above. This is why I do not take your posts seriously on this subject. Stick to the Patriots. :sneaky: :sneaky:

BTW! You can scream to to roof tops, it will never make your opinion or mine relevant. Go sack the Wenger, if you really believe you are relevant.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The dude thinks he's on Sesame Street talking to Muppets.

From your post above about the team. I certainly know who the muppet here is. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
He's trying to slyly put that narrative in our subconscious that Wenger is prioritizing the league as excuse for the poor performance. This the same dude who claimed the team was good enough to compete on all fronts. So now they're not and he is picking his battles? :mrgreen:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Yes, I agree with Wenger because I take a lang term holistic view about Arsenal. Besides, Arsenal are FA cup winners for the past two years. On the basis of my experience of watching the game and understand the game and how it is run for over 20 years in England. I may not know much but I have vast experience of watching and supporting. I know my position is right. If it was wrong, Wenger will be long gone. No bad Manager keeps a job for 19 years inane league.

You lot are only screaming and wishing against all hope the team do badly so the Manager somehow goes, You are all in lala land. In fact, you lot really do not have a clue. Honestly! Do you think Arsenal football club will listen to your foolish rantings against a man like him?

To show how ridiculous young your ilk are. How can a team, in a position to go top of the league should they win on Sunday not be good enough. It is only here I read such rubbish. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

On the basis of Arsenal's position in the league alone, your opinion of the team not being good enough is pure and arrant nonsense. The facts are in the league table not your feelings and bias. I don't do feelings, I do cold hard facts with the stats to back up every position I take. The evidence is all over this Board, Twitter and a Blog. Of course, anyone with a clue about football, will not look at the league table and spew the crap you have written above. This is why I do not take your posts seriously on this subject. Stick to the Patriots. :sneaky: :sneaky:

BTW! You can scream to to roof tops, it will never make your opinion or mine relevant. Go sack the Wenger, if you really believe you are relevant.
Exactly how long is "long term"? One year, five years, a decade, a dozen years, fifty, a hundred, a thousand, forever???

Keep shifting the goalpost. Someday you'll run out of room and fall of the cliff.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Exactly how long is "long term"? One year, five years, a decade, a dozen years, fifty, a hundred, a thousand, forever???

Keep shifting the goalpost.
Since Arsena turned the corner financially, stopped selling its best players, we have won 2 FA Cups and the club has improved in the league. We now have a team that will challenge for the league title and possibly win the league or another major trophy this season.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
Since Arsena turned the corner financially, stopped selling its best players, we have won 2 FA Cups and the club has improved in the league. We now have a team that will challenge for the league title and possibly win the league or another major trophy this season.
I was gonna ignore your rant until I read the highlighted. :bump:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

mmeny wrote:
[/video]

FT Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Gunners, the State of our Union 2015/2016 season...

Post by Robbynice »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Arsenal for life!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
mmeny wrote:
[/video]

FT Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

Cheiiii :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
mmeny wrote:
[/video]

FT Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

Cheiiii :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumb:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
mmeny wrote:
[/video]

FT Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

:clap: :clap: :clap: You called it my guy... We were electrifying in the first half. Man Utd just couldn't keep up with our intensity.

However, you can understand pessimism on this one while everybody were out flogging Man Utd under Moyes. We managed to lose and tie the league fixture with that crappy Manure team so I wasn't so optimistic about this fixture but boy did they show up and turn out!
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

mmeny wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
mmeny wrote:
[/video]

FT Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd

:clap: :clap: :clap: You called it my guy... We were electrifying in the first half. Man Utd just couldn't keep up with our intensity.

However, you can understand pessimism on this one while everybody were out flogging Man Utd under Moyes. We managed to lose and tie the league fixture with that crappy Manure team so I wasn't so optimistic about this fixture but boy did they show up and turn out!
I know the numbers but many experts case was built on sand. It was SAF that well and truly had AW's number..Arsenal record against SAF lead Man Utd was downright depressing. Post SAF the resuits have been and will continue to be far kinder to AW and Arsenal.

Post SAF results...

2 wins

2 draws

2 defeats

I know Man Utd fans will moan but their era of dominance vs Arsenal and PL as a whole is over. To paraphrase former Boston Celtic coach Rick Pitino, Rio Ferdinand is not walking through that door, Vidic not walking through that door, Ronaldo not walking through that door, Roy Keane is not walking through that door, Paul Scholes is not walking through that door.
Detective Bunk Moreland

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

let's just laugh at u

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gunners

The State of Our Laughing Thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

2017/18 version of this thread nko?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

let's just laugh at u
Why you wicked so?SMH
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

let's just laugh at u
Why you wicked so?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
I was gonna ignore your rant until I read the highlighted. :bump:
Oga theYemster