The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: It tells me you're "complicated"....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You can say that again.
remind me again, who nicknamed Ibrahimovic "Iblablabla", then became a fan after he became Mourinho's player? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
1. Ibra became a Mourinho's player in 2008, and I named him "Iblacadabla" in early 2009 after his nickname "Ibracadabra" (the name given to him by the Italian media... a play of the words "Ibra" (his nickname) and "Abracadabra" (a word to denote magic).

2. I was never and I am presently not a "fan" of Ibra. I absolutely respect his ability, as he is one of the most talented players I have seen. However, he is absolutely nothing like a striker I love. I love hard working strikers who press and press and press and fight and fight. Ibra has never been that kind of player, so, definitely not a "fan."
My bad then...I thought you called him Iblablabla when he played for Peperempe at Barca :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Danfo...oya come here. E be like say no be yesterday ya craze begin.
yaya on Aug 13 2010 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Man city actions is going to force UEFA to implement tougher financial regulations.
Italy have already implemented theirs, starting next season, i think. Spain is talking about it...with the #$%$*, del nido (sevilla) threatening barca and real

My personal opinion? if they have the money, let them spend it...but i also achknowledge the downsides (see westham)

but my beef here is that Iblacadabla is a sh1t player..useless and does not even deserve 5000 pounds a week!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Danfo...oya come here. E be like say no be yesterday ya craze begin.
ohenhen1 wrote:Man city actions is going to force UEFA to implement tougher financial regulations.
Italy have already implemented theirs, starting next season, i think. Spain is talking about it...with the #$%$*, del nido (sevilla) threatening barca and real

My personal opinion? if they have the money, let them spend it...but i also achknowledge the downsides (see westham)

but my beef here is that Iblacadabla is a sh1t player..useless and does not even deserve 5000 pounds a week!
Chief ooooooooooooooo you don turn to 'Gotcha' Gotti :D .......................Danfo driver don run away with his danfo bus :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

zee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Danfo...oya come here. E be like say no be yesterday ya craze begin.

Chief ooooooooooooooo you don turn to 'Gotcha' Gotti :D .......................Danfo driver don run away with his danfo bus :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: chief don expose DD of been complicated. If Arsenal win he will laugh Rafa,since Arsenal did not he turn hailing Raga.
Same DD was hoping Pep beat the Dean of coaches.He now laughing at Pep complicated guy
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:Who go open beloved game thread?
Not me... :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:

Jesu why Una wan kill me with Laughter ..: See Zee couldnt resist :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Major props to Manc on winning the EPL - they've done it @ a counter disproving the maxim that great footballing teams cannot win the league. The collective improvement by that team from last season's been astounding. Players like Sané(22), Sterling(23)
& KDB(26) move into that elite level of footballer now - it's truly frightening thinking of what they could accomplish over the next few seasons.

Liverpool have a winnable draw in the CL & Klopp should be looking to reunite that club with the big trophy.

As for my club - words truly fail me just now.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Major props to Manc on winning the EPL - they've done it @ a counter disproving the maxim that great footballing teams cannot win the league. The collective improvement by that team from last season's been astounding. Players like Sané(22), Sterling(23)
& KDB(26) move into that elite level of footballer now - it's truly frightening thinking of what they could accomplish over the next few seasons.

Liverpool have a winnable draw in the CL & Klopp should be looking to reunite that club with the big trophy.

What maxim is that? All of Wenger's title winning teams were great footballing teams. Did you not watch them play?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: It tells me you're "complicated"....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You can say that again.
remind me again, who nicknamed Ibrahimovic "Iblablabla", then became a fan after he became Mourinho's player? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
1. Ibra became a Mourinho's player in 2008, and I named him "Iblacadabla" in early 2009 after his nickname "Ibracadabra" (the name given to him by the Italian media... a play of the words "Ibra" (his nickname) and "Abracadabra" (a word to denote magic).

2. I was never and I am presently not a "fan" of Ibra. I absolutely respect his ability, as he is one of the most talented players I have seen. However, he is absolutely nothing like a striker I love. I love hard working strikers who press and press and press and fight and fight. Ibra has never been that kind of player, so, definitely not a "fan."
My bad then...I thought you called him Iblablabla when he played for Peperempe at Barca :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
zee wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: chief don expose DD of been complicated. If Arsenal win he will laugh Rafa,since Arsenal did not he turn hailing Raga.
Same DD was hoping Pep beat the Dean of coaches.He now laughing at Pep complicated guy

Today was christmas! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Congratulations to deserving champions, Manchester City. Pep Guardiola is a hell of a coach.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cally wrote:Congratulations to deserving champions, Manchester City. Pep Guardiola is a hell of a coach.
for winning the league? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: several coaches will win the league this year. its not a big deal. one coach MUST win a league title for each league, each year. in fact bayern cruised to it last week, EASILY.

Pep is a hell of a coach... but it has no relation to him winning the league.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Cally wrote:Congratulations to deserving champions, Manchester City. Pep Guardiola is a hell of a coach.
for winning the league? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: several coaches will win the league this year. its not a big deal. one coach MUST win a league title for each league, each year. in fact bayern cruised to it last week, EASILY.

this Danfo sef. Ya Uncle Wenger fit win am this year? Ya friend Conte nko? What about your aburo Poch? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

this Danfo sef. Ya Uncle Wenger fit win am this year? Ya friend Conte nko? What about your aburo Poch? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Prince Andrew, Duke of York is 6th in line to the British throne. In order to become king, he has to kill the 5 people ahead of him, including his mother, brother, nephews and nephew's children. if he can do it, I dont see why Wengerbe, who is 6th in line to the title, cannot kill Pep and the 4 other blockers, and carry title! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Major props to Manc on winning the EPL - they've done it @ a counter disproving the maxim that great footballing teams cannot win the league. The collective improvement by that team from last season's been astounding. Players like Sané(22), Sterling(23)

What maxim is that? All of Wenger's title winning teams were great footballing teams. Did you not watch them play?
Waffi,
This is 2018 not 2004. My son (you have met him) will be 14 this year. He did not see them play. Leave history abeg. I get am before no be property.
Wenger was great, adventurous and innovative when he was young. He is stale now and fixated in his ways. Foootball has moved beyond him. He loves his players like a Grand father does. Grand fathers don't knock their grand children into shape, they even interfere when the Fathers want to discipline them.
How he believes in players like Chambers beats me. And he says he can't find better quality players.
To the Arsenal teams you were referring to, they had the quickest transition from defense to attack. I think it was 5 seconds. These ones will pass sideways and backwards and finally gift the opponents the ball.
The team or club needs a complete overhaul and mindset change.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Fourteen good years, even Soloman Northup would shake his head in dismay. Pathetic. 30+ points of pole and now clambering for the same silver all ridiculed United’s pursuit of last season. HMS Sean Dyche pulling up at starboard, waving the black, canons at the ready...Tottenham 10 or more points clear. One sock, two snooker balls and a fractured skull. It makes perfect sense.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,
This is 2018 not 2004. My son (you have met him) will be 14 this year. He did not see them play. Leave history abeg. I get am before no be property.
Wenger was great, adventurous and innovative when he was young. He is stale now and fixated in his ways. Foootball has moved beyond him. He loves his players like a Grand father does. Grand fathers don't knock their grand children into shape, they even interfere when the Fathers want to discipline them.
How he believes in players like Chambers beats me. And he says he can't find better quality players.
To the Arsenal teams you were referring to, they had the quickest transition from defense to attack. I think it was 5 seconds. These ones will pass sideways and backwards and finally gift the opponents the ball.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My dear brother,

As you opined so well and you are right to a point. Wenger introduced the quick counter attacking game with super fast, athletic and intelligent players to this league. But I disagree when you say he is past it. You forget how we destroyed Chelsea in the Cup final last May. You don't achieve such if you are past it. Playing the type of football you alluded to is in his DNA, he just needs the right player's, already with recent acquisitions, there is a clear indication of a change in style of play but it takes time.

I will start with what I say in my Arsenal WhatsApp groups. I am not against change, but what I disagree with is the idea that Wenger and Wenger only is the problem. He is not. I cannot wait to see the miracle this next genius Manager will do with the funds available to Wenger.

As you know only too well, I am a football optimist. I always hope for the best especially at season beginning. By this I mean we win silverware. We are in the semi-finals of a cup competition that could radically alter our immediate future in terms of financial ability to compete. So it is not all doom and gloom. If we somehow manage to win the Europa League (EL), I hope we can at lest match Liverpool who have now become the 4th biggest spenders in terms of the crucial wages figure and to a lesser extent - transfers.

EL has meant we play the type of team we played yesterday. The Europa league and The EPL don't go well, there comes a point you have to make a decision. ManU, with a far better squad, finished 6th. Liverpool with arguably a better squad finished I think 6th. They both got to the finals. We are facing the same problem they did in the last 2 seasons.

You talk about change, it is happening right in front of you. we have also made the crazy decision to revolutionise the playing squad. We have got rid of 13 players in two windows, 9 of whom played key roles in our last two seasons. Of these 9 players, 3 were our top scorers from last season. When you make changes like this, results go down, it is clear something has happened to force such a radical change at the club. We have also dumped the system that we used in recruiting most of our players in the last 4 seasons, in its place we have a new scouting and recruitment team. We now hear, These are Wenger's demand from the owner.

At the heart of our struggles, lay issues way bigger higher than Wenger despite this ridiculous idea that Wenger was this all conquering Lord of the manor. He is not, he is just an employee that has done so much for the club. You remember our disastrous summer window. Was that all Wenger's fault? I don't want to go through all of that again. But at the heart of it all was finance. I have accepted our position in the financial pecking order, it is this drive to sign players at a cheaper price that drove us to the American moneyball recruitment system with StatsDNA. Now We are looking to get rid of most of, if not all of those players.

At the Emirates, the vast majority still love Wenger, there has been 4 organised protests this season at the Emirates, the best turn out was about 50 protesters. The worst had 4 protesters. Despite this, many now see Wenger as a major problem. It is said openly by groups organising for change he is not the target but he stands in the way of the only people that can bring real change. Many see Wenger leaving and we will just continue changing Managers like Liverpool until they got proper Owners.

They want Wenger to go so they can focus on the people he has been proctecting - the Owner and his son. Why? They see the Owner as the one bleeding the club and unlike the Liverpool owners who have put their money into the club, ours have only taken money out. This must stop and groups are organising against them.

These groups want to start chanting those horrible nasty songs like the Newcastle fans chant about their Owner, that he cannot go anywhere near the stadium. These fans want to ensure the owner, his family and friends cannot come anywhere near the stadium because of dog's abuse and harassment, they are prepared to let on them. Then and only then will the right change take place. They see Wenger meeting their financial bottom line as the major problem. This will not change until he goes.

I will not be joining any groups that sing or chant vileness or nastiness at anyone. I am convinced as a club, we have already made the right changes so far, we just need one more transfer window like the last January window, and we will be at least top 4 again. But I am aware that those who see things like me are not necessarily in the majority anymore at the Emirates. At best it is 50/50.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

Ok..no be only me see am like dat. I have been shouting myself hoarse on this matter. Wenger allows his "grandchildren" to behave as they like. A "coach" will not tolerate the day-in day-out junk behavior of some players.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

Ok..no be only me see am like dat. I have been shouting myself hoarse on this matter. Wenger allows his "grandchildren" to behave as they like. A "coach" will not tolerate the day-in day-out junk behavior of some players.
Some of you guys are funny and you think some grand children will behave different from their grand parents who raise them?Will you take grandpa serious when he is not been honest with his grand children and don't take his job serious?The club tolerate Wenger rubbish,never question his performance and why will Wenger do the same to his grand children?
Chief this things are simple to understand.Any child that demand better tools to work,grandpa ship them out since he is the boss.
Get grandpa out of the club and bring a father that will want the best and will punish a child for poor result and he will want to be an example so he will work harder than grand pa.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:

You need not be a gatekeeper to what's becoming ancient - i leave that to Nottingham Forest & Villa fans who can't get conquering Europe last century out of their heads.
Be it radio shows or pubs - the common "annoying" reason often given then as to why a few of our players(Ramsey,Eduardo,Diaby etc) were injured was always put down to the way we played - passing was too fast for most of the league etc...
Comparing the times - the EPL is more tactical, with better athletes & some of the world's elite gaffers at work - it wasn't the same all those yrs ago - if you truly watch the lower leagues & see the passing game they play now - it was Rugby all those yrs ago.
Pep has done what AW used to do - truly improve youngsters - Iwobi has regressed compared to Sane & Sterling. Last season he was a miss to the England national team - - now - yuk.
We won the EPL when Serie A had the mullah & top players followed by La Liga - we've become more of a Cup team. Liverpool, ManC & WHL*scum play better us now. Sadly!!!
Last edited by tolahs on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Stand Up :agree: :clap:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,
Wenger was great, adventurous and innovative when he was young. He is stale now and fixated in his ways. Foootball has moved beyond him. He loves his players like a Grand father does. Grand fathers don't knock their grand children into shape, they even interfere when the Fathers want to discipline them. (Grandpas used to be great dancers)
Maybe it was hyperbole, i used to say to my ManU supporting bro-in-law that we were the fastest counterattacking team on the Planet - it wouldn't even pass for a joke today.
Waffi's in that little Englander mode(England ruled the world) that thinks Brexit ain't extreme enough!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: