The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

So Danfo and Uncle Aniks were right about this Mustafi guy?
Every where on social media and even my friend they are killing him as a bad player.Someone is asking who pay that amount for him?Some are asking who scouted him to beloved.
Some say Gabriel is a better player than him.Kai Newcastle don expose the German boy.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people are Laca and Auba my guy really done anything special since we sign them compare to Giroud?
E be like I don dey miss Giroud ooooh.The way he celebrate on Saturday
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Major props to Manc on winning the EPL - they've done it @ a counter disproving the maxim that great footballing teams cannot win the league. The collective improvement by that team from last season's been astounding. Players like Sané(22), Sterling(23)
& KDB(26) move into that elite level of footballer now - it's truly frightening thinking of what they could accomplish over the next few seasons.

Liverpool have a winnable draw in the CL & Klopp should be looking to reunite that club with the big trophy.

As for my club - words truly fail me just now.
What maxim is that? All of Wenger's title winning teams were great footballing teams. Did you not watch them play?
Waffi,
This is 2018 not 2004. My son (you have met him) will be 14 this year. He did not see them play. Leave history abeg. I get am before no be property.
Wenger was great, adventurous and innovative when he was young. He is stale now and fixated in his ways. Foootball has moved beyond him. He loves his players like a Grand father does. Grand fathers don't knock their grand children into shape, they even interfere when the Fathers want to discipline them.
How he believes in players like Chambers beats me. And he says he can't find better quality players.
To the Arsenal teams you were referring to, they had the quickest transition from defense to attack. I think it was 5 seconds. These ones will pass sideways and backwards and finally gift the opponents the ball.
The team or club needs a complete overhaul and mindset change.

Ok..no be only me see am like dat. I have been shouting myself hoarse on this matter. Wenger allows his "grandchildren" to behave as they like. A "coach" will not tolerate the day-in day-out junk behavior of some players.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
why you dey laff? You no see as Ox don dey behave himself? Will any serious coach allow Ramsey to be doing anywherebelleface primary school footie? The boy lines up as a CM/DM, decides to play 9, 9.5, 10, 11, 7, etc. And if Sanchez dares call him to order, Wenger allows him to use black belt karate on him, after which
Sanchez is sold quick quick.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:My people are Laca and Auba my guy really done anything special since we sign them compare to Giroud?
E be like I don dey miss Giroud ooooh.The way he celebrate on Saturday
Unfair - Giroud left for playing time - not much as changed - still super sub.
AW looks away when speedy wingers are on the market but wants to play Auba wide - we don't have a midfield with the hardworking
ethics to play both upfront - you bet Diego Simeone will partner those 2 upfront if he'd them cos the rest of the team can stay compact.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

kajifu wrote:So Danfo and Uncle Aniks were right about this Mustafi guy?
Every where on social media and even my friend they are killing him as a bad player.Someone is asking who pay that amount for him?Some are asking who scouted him to beloved.
Some say Gabriel is a better player than him.Kai Newcastle don expose the German boy.
Stop singling out players. I really do not think Mustafi or Gabriel are bad players. This is simply down to bad defensive coaching.
First of all, zonal marking is no marking at all. Secondly, they do not press. They allow opponents too much time on the ball.
Looking at that second goal, it was a comedy of primary school errors. Lack of positional discipline by everyone. Monreal who headed the ball was playing left back but he nodded that ball while in the right side of the pitch. The whole left side was left unattended.

So i will not blame the players but whoever is responsible for teaching them how to organise the defence.
Last edited by bouncino on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

bouncino wrote:
Stop singling out players. I really do not think Mustafi or Gabriel are bad players. This is simply down to bad defensive coaching.
First of all, zonal marking is no marking at all. Secondly, they do not press. They allow opponents too much time of the ball.
Looking at that second goal, it was a comedy of primary school errors. Lack of positional discipline by everyone. Monreal who headed the ball was playing left back but he nodded that ball while in the right side of the pitch. The whole left side was left unattended.

So i will not blame the players but whoever is responsible for teaching them how to organise the defence.
I still believe Mustafi will turn out well at the end of the day. Who remembers when Kosc joined Arsenal? He committed worse defensive blunders than Mustafi did. Today he's celebrated as our best defender. Isn't he?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

azuka wrote:
bouncino wrote:
First of all, zonal marking is no marking at all. Secondly, they do not press. They allow opponents too much time of the ball.

I still believe Mustafi will turn out well at the end of the day. Who remembers when Kosc joined Arsenal? He committed worse defensive blunders than Mustafi did. Today he's celebrated as our best defender. Isn't he?
Plus the fact that he was not terrible when we bought him, he is either just slow in adapting to changes or he is fighting the changes in his head , or just does not like to change . But bad is a stretch.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Youth Cup being shown live on Arsenal.com. Arsenal winning blackpool by 4:0, half time.
Chelsea awaits in the final.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Someone has to "larimo". The packaging was so good they cut out his errors from the videos.
Wenger was looking for a German machine to help out his defense. You can't blame him for believing the hype.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

It is time to go to a 3=5=2 formation in the league.

Play Lacazette and Aubameyang as CFs.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Major props to Manc on winning the EPL - they've done it @ a counter disproving the maxim that great footballing teams cannot win the league. The collective improvement by that team from last season's been astounding. Players like Sané(22), Sterling(23)
& KDB(26) move into that elite level of footballer now - it's truly frightening thinking of what they could accomplish over the next few seasons.

Liverpool have a winnable draw in the CL & Klopp should be looking to reunite that club with the big trophy.

What maxim is that? All of Wenger's title winning teams were great footballing teams. Did you not watch them play?
Waffi,
This is 2018 not 2004. My son (you have met him) will be 14 this year. He did not see them play. Leave history abeg. I get am before no be property.
Wenger was great, adventurous and innovative when he was young. He is stale now and fixated in his ways. Foootball has moved beyond him. He loves his players like a Grand father does. Grand fathers don't knock their grand children into shape, they even interfere when the Fathers want to discipline them. (Grandpas used to be great dancers)
How he believes in players like Chambers beats me. And he says he can't find better quality players.
To the Arsenal teams you were referring to, they had the quickest transition from defense to attack. I think it was 5 seconds. These ones will pass sideways and backwards and finally gift the opponents the ball.
Maybe it was hyperbole, i used to say to my ManU supporting bro-in-law that we were the fastest counterattacking team on the Planet - it wouldn't even pass for a joke today.
Waffi's in that little Englander mode(England ruled the world) that thinks Brexit ain't extreme enough!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quit smoking that cheap weed. I asked did we play great football when we won it 3 times under Wenger? Instead you are all over the place.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
AW looks away when speedy wingers are on the market but wants to play Auba wide - we don't have a midfield with the hardworking
ethics to play both upfront - you bet Diego Simeone will partner those 2 upfront if he'd them cos the rest of the team can stay compact.
Kai! See cheap weed. Looked away where? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Until last summer he had Welbeck, Theo, Oxlade and Sanchez who are all quick to extremely fast. He has had to sell 3 of those buying players in more urgent positions that were available. He even tried to sign Malcolm if rumours are true.

So who are these wingers. He looked away from? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi,
Wenger was great, adventurous and innovative when he was young. He is stale now and fixated in his ways. Foootball has moved beyond him. He loves his players like a Grand father does. Grand fathers don't knock their grand children into shape, they even interfere when the Fathers want to discipline them. (Grandpas used to be great dancers)
Maybe it was hyperbole, i used to say to my ManU supporting bro-in-law that we were the fastest counterattacking team on the Planet - it wouldn't even pass for a joke today.
Waffi's in that little Englander mode(England ruled the world) that thinks Brexit ain't extreme enough!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quit smoking that cheap weed. I asked did we play great football when we won it 3 times under Wenger? Instead you are all over the place.

You don't have to indulge us in your islington legalize weed soiree - Dungarees & all.
In this EPL where clubs spend sick cash, appoint elite gaffers - AW is been found out.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Kai! See cheap weed. Looked away where? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Until last summer he had Welbeck, Theo, Oxlade and Sanchez who are all quick to extremely fast. He has had to sell 3 of those buying players in more urgent positions that were available. He even tried to sign Malcolm if rumours are true.

So who are these wingers. He looked away from? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AW prefers to use playmakers with a bit of pace wide instead of real wingers. Oxlade hardly plays as a winger @liverpool, Theo was always below grade - are we really going to harp on about a winger with no trick. Welbeck is a limited striker with decent pace wasted out wide.
Auba at his age will not want to hang out wide - he already did that - good gaffers look for ways to make that work but your boss like a communist wants to start every disgruntled player.....Nelson & Iwobi wide with Auba & Laca as a front 2 was an option, ANM & Sead as WBs in a 3-4-1-2 with those two as the front 2 was another option .
Whilst you act like you're a fervent supporter of AW, your every utterance & action reveals a cultist devotion to everything AW - you've picked him over Arsenal - when you get delivered, you'll be welcome to the fold,.

Alexis - "I think the position Arsenal are using him as a striker, in front, it is perfect for him," he said last season. "In Barcelona maybe I didn't help him too much because he played wide. He can do that but he is better between the lines, closer to the goal."
Pep plus the man's unwillingness to track back & defend.
When has AW gone after a Aryen Robben type? I am not impressed with Malcolm.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nemanja Vidic on Arsenal: “They have to learn to defend. For me, now, when Arsenal go to pre-season, they can’t think about scoring goals, they are going to think, ‘Can we have a clean sheet, please’, because that’s what they have to learn.”
-------------------------------
We can all agree on this but do we have the gaffer for the gig. He said at the end of last season b4 signing a new contract, he was willing to change for the cause(something to that effect) - it's become obvious, he cannot.
It's about a mentality - i repeat what i've been saying for a while - true supporters of AW must rescue him from himself.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:Nemanja Vidic on Arsenal: “They have to learn to defend. For me, now, when Arsenal go to pre-season, they can’t think about scoring goals, they are going to think, ‘Can we have a clean sheet, please’, because that’s what they have to learn.”
We can all agree on this but do we have the gaffer for the gig. He said at the end of last season b4 signing a new contract, he was willing to change for the cause(something to that effect) - it's become obvious, he cannot.
It's about a mentality - i repeat what i've been saying for a while - true supporters of AW must rescue him from himself.

Wenger just said Arsenal's away form is baffling......if the way your team is playing is difficult to understand.....what are you doing in training?

Talking about change....you can only change if you can accept what you are doing aint working.....then take measures to rectify it and if that doesnt work seek help but do you think arsene is the type of person to do that? I dont think so....he will rather double down....the old arsene will though but not this current version.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bouncino wrote:
First of all, zonal marking is no marking at all. Secondly, they do not press. They allow opponents too much time on the ball.

Why are you mad?I said every where i see how people are emotionally attacking him.I really dont blame players that much under Wenger.All that primary s chools errors is reflection of the manager.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how come OX has been playing so well for Liverpool than he play for beloved?
How many of our CM better than him?
Did we have a buy back clause for him?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:My people how come OX has been playing so well for Liverpool than he play for beloved?
Though we are not allowed to say it(gaslighting and stuff), you pretty know the answer to that.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:My people how come OX has been playing so well for Liverpool than he play for beloved?

Ox found his "We".
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:Nemanja Vidic on Arsenal: “They have to learn to defend. For me, now, when Arsenal go to pre-season, they can’t think about scoring goals, they are going to think, ‘Can we have a clean sheet, please’, because that’s what they have to learn.”

Wenger just said Arsenal's away form is baffling......if the way your team is playing is difficult to understand.....what are you doing in training?

Talking about change....you can only change if you can accept what you are doing aint working.....then take measures to rectify it and if that doesnt work seek help but do you think arsene is the type of person to do that? I dont think so....he will rather double down....the old arsene will though but not this current version.
For yrs I was one of those Gooners who teased ManU fans cos SAF will frequently bring in coaches to work with his team - he appreciated the hunger of the job seeking & often times younger Coach. They'd new ideas & were determined to leave an impression.
Carlos Queiroz & Walter Smith became assts through such gigs.
Then one finds out we AW is a non-delegator of coaching duties. One remembers the effect on Titi & Bergy of "Marco van Basten doing some work @Arsenal for his coaching badge. That now falls in the halcyon days category.
Teams play as they're coached - the consequences of not sticking to gameplans must be serious.
That's why when Laurent Koscielny said after the CSKA match the team didn't follow the gaffer's gameplan is a worry.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Buyback clause ke? - he shun our higher pay offer & even higher from Chlese. Imagine the pace of that kid breaking from central Mid with wides like Mane & Sallah.
AW is scared to bench non-performing stars - we lack pace in our central Mid & no killers our wide - this man at the beginning of the season talked about competing for the EPL.
When does the board say, old soldier, ride into the Sunset.
Ox made a bold call & he's been proven right.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:

For yrs I was one of those Gooners who teased ManU fans cos SAF will frequently bring in coaches to work with his team - he appreciated the hunger of the job seeking & often times younger Coach. They'd new ideas & were determined to leave an impression.
Carlos Queiroz & Walter Smith became assts through such gigs.
Then one finds out we AW is a non-delegator of coaching duties. One remembers the effect on Titi & Bergy of "Marco van Basten doing some work @Arsenal for his coaching badge. That now falls in the halcyon days category.
Teams play as they're coached - the consequences of not sticking to gameplans must be serious.
That's why when Laurent Koscielny said after the CSKA match the team didn't follow the gaffer's gameplan is a worry.
Squillachi once asked Wenger how come other players are not helping them with defensive duties....Wenger told him "because I want them to concentrate on attacking only".....one player epitomizing that is jack Wilshere. Minus possession he is just walking around pointing fingers whilst doing nothing. Arsenal possession stats have been diminishing over the years coz pressing is no longer a choice but necessity for elite teams. To have possession you need to press intensively and efficiently otherwise you wont have the ball to do the said attacking. Lets say the said defenders have won the ball back against a team like liverpool or City....the first thing the likes of Aguero, firmino or mane are going to do is press you immediately to win the ball back and they will end up overwhelming your defence before they can even have the chance to pass the ball to the midfield(attackers coz apparently their job is just to attack). You will end up with an overwhelmed defence and attacking players without the ball......We keep on blaming Arsenal's defence for individual mistakes without considering the workload they have to deal......the said workload has destroyed Koscielny.....Wenger has to decide what he needs from his players.....haphazard defending means you wont have the ball to do the attacking which he is infatuated with.....statistics which his defenders are always peddling to defend his incompetence are showing that arsenal are struggling to score goals over the last couple of years..........it doesnt take a blind man to see that......with a better defensive shape and committed pressing.....you are likely to win the ball more closer to your opponents goals thus increasing the likelihood of you hurting them....spurs, liverpool, Man City all have better scoring ratios and the only constant in that is both are very efficient in their pressing/defensive shape.