Goalkeeping situation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Goalkeeping situation

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:If Enyeama is interested he should get in touch with Mr.Rohr.
oluwaseye, so, the new mode of invitation to the Super Eagles is for interested players to "get in touch" with the manager? We Nigerians have a very unique sense of humor.What happened to the established mode of sending an invitation letter? I'm at a loss here.
Yes for a player who said he was retired the last few times he was invited. He should say he is no longer retired instead of posting compilations of himself online
niyi,

Enyeama has probably already done so with the coach and that is what should matter. Why announce to the public that you have unretired and then not get a call up? It makes little sense to me.

Rohr has contacted Enyeama and it is apparent that Enyeama has indicated his willingness to play and Rohr has clearly mentioned conditions that should be accomplished before he (Rohr) extends that invitation. All of these have been on the pages of the newspapers and online. It is based on those conditions that one has reached the conclusion that inviting Enyeama is now clearly on Rohr's hands and not Enyeama's.

However, you mention a key issue -- the compilations online. I believe those are intentional i.e. he has intentionally chosen to put them online for those who will later claim that he was not willing to work to make himself available for World Cup selection and for those who will later claim that he never did what Rohr set as condition for his return. That strategy effectively puts the blame on Rohr if Enyeama does not get called up and Nigeria then falters. It is an effective strategy, I think. No one can then blame him for selfish act and unpatriotism (a usual Nigerian-style attack). That is just my tuppence. This game of chicken is ON and the result will be known in the future. :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:If Enyeama is interested he should get in touch with Mr.Rohr.
oluwaseye, so, the new mode of invitation to the Super Eagles is for interested players to "get in touch" with the manager? We Nigerians have a very unique sense of humor.What happened to the established mode of sending an invitation letter? I'm at a loss here.
Yes for a player who said he was retired the last few times he was invited. He should say he is no longer retired instead of posting compilations of himself online
niyi,

Enyeama has probably already done so with the coach and that is what should matter. Why announce to the public that you have unretired and then not get a call up? It makes little sense to me.

Rohr has contacted Enyeama and it is apparent that Enyeama has indicated his willingness to play and Rohr has clearly mentioned conditions that should be accomplished before he (Rohr) extends that invitation. All of these have been on the pages of the newspapers and online. It is based on those conditions that one has reached the conclusion that inviting Enyeama is now clearly on Rohr's hands and not Enyeama's.
I was supporting Seye's post where he asked Enyeama to get in touch with the coach. He has to come out of retirement and he has to make the coach aware of that. Whether or not he makes the public aware was not the topic of discussion but I think it's unfair to continually prey on the public's fear and concerns in a very surreptitious way by posting clips and highlights online. He wants to be called up and he wants the public to keep asking the coach about him
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
niyi,

I was supporting Seye's post where he asked Enyeama to get in touch with the coach. He has to come out of retirement and he has to make the coach aware of that. Whether or not he makes the public aware was not the topic of discussion but I think it's unfair to continually prey on the public's fear and concerns in a very surreptitious way by posting clips and highlights online. He wants to be called up and he wants the public to keep asking the coach about him
How did you arrive at this? So all other players from Martins, to Onyekuru, to even Ezenwa etc that post about their recovery process are doing it to 'continually prey on the public's fear and concerns'???

We should always keep in mind that the NT is actually secondary to a professional player esp for a player who's been there and done that and doesn't necessarily have anything to prove. Players need to be playing for their club team first and foremost as that is their livelihood. So I would assume (and I think its a wise assumption) that his current troubles at club level, which were exacerbated by his injury, would be his immediate focus and then anything such as the National Teams' 'fears' and 'concerns' will likely be further down his list of priorities. With or without the SE, he must first sort out his club situation, so as to continue to make a living at or above his current level to secure his future before he retires from football all together. So when I see his posts, that's the lens I tend to look at it through. Whether he comes back to the SE or not is between him and Rohr, but I can't assume what he posts on his personal social media page has anything to do necessarily with the SE, he's just documenting his life first and foremost and then showing his progression from the worst injury he's had in his career.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
niyi,

How did you arrive at this? So all other players from Martins, to Onyekuru, to even Ezenwa etc that post about their recovery process are doing it to 'continually prey on the public's fear and concerns'???

We should always keep in mind that the NT is actually secondary to a professional player esp for a player who's been there and done that and doesn't necessarily have anything to prove. Players need to be playing for their club team first and foremost as that is their livelihood. So I would assume (and I think its a wise assumption) that his current troubles at club level, which were exacerbated by his injury, would be his immediate focus and then anything such as the National Teams' 'fears' and 'concerns' will likely be further down his list of priorities. With or without the SE, he must first sort out his club situation, so as to continue to make a living at or above his current level to secure his future before he retires from football all together. So when I see his posts, that's the lens I tend to look at it through. Whether he comes back to the SE or not is between him and Rohr, but I can't assume what he posts on his personal social media page has anything to do necessarily with the SE, he's just documenting his life first and foremost and then showing his progression from the worst injury he's had in his career.
It's a good guess and I'm not alone. Here's Enugu II's post saying the same thing
Enugu II wrote:For me, Vin is surreptitiously putting up evidence that he has not been idle and he is being match fit. These are Rohr's requirements and the decision is in Rohr's hands. If Rohr is comfortable with his current crop if goalkeepers that is on him. Fact is you cannot wait for Vin to play a La Ligament game before calling him up when Rohr has called up two goalies who are Inez and have beeen playing in lower leagues.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
niyi,

It's a good guess and I'm not alone. Here's Enugu II's post saying the same thing
Enugu II wrote:For me, Vin is surreptitiously putting up evidence that he has not been idle and he is being match fit. These are Rohr's requirements and the decision is in Rohr's hands. If Rohr is comfortable with his current crop if goalkeepers that is on him. Fact is you cannot wait for Vin to play a La Ligament game before calling him up when Rohr has called up two goalies who are Inez and have beeen playing in lower leagues.
Well, I think your guesses are way off...my personal opinion is Enyeama's priority is not coming back to the SE, he's more focused on trying to sort out his club situation (And I'm basing it on the comments of people close to the bobo like KOC). He could have appeased Rohr and taken a pay cut to go to Angers for more play time, he chose not to and I can't blame him. Who knows how many more years he has at top flight footie, he must focus on his club, either regaining his place with Lille or finding another home without compromising on his pay given his age...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
niyi,

niyi,

But Enyeama has done this, I strongly believe. The coach has stated that he was in touch with Enyeama and that Enyeama was in line for a call up. Note that the coach NEVER mentioned coming out of retirement as a condition for a call up which leads to the assumption that such an issued has already been resolved between those two or else it would likely have been a condition. I think that stage has been passed. What the hold is Enyeama being match fit. That is a condition announced by Rohr and the question now is whether Enyeama has met that condition and not whether he has unretired.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Expect Enyeama to make the provisional list....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Rohr along with his goalkeeper coach Pionetti Enrico are in communication with Enyeama.

Dude just needs to remain healthy.

And Enyeama has a very good relationship with Mikel so it is not a problem. Even at the last World Cup, Mikel was playing the role of team leader and co-captain without any friction from Enyeama.

The issue of Enyeama being a bad teammate is from the minds of over vivid imaginations of people trying to create beef where there's none.
With Vince in the squad, we are now set
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
niyi,

niyi,

But Enyeama has done this, I strongly believe. The coach has stated that he was in touch with Enyeama and that Enyeama was in line for a call up. Note that the coach NEVER mentioned coming out of retirement as a condition for a call up which leads to the assumption that such an issued has already been resolved between those two or else it would likely have been a condition. I think that stage has been passed. What the hold is Enyeama being match fit. That is a condition announced by Rohr and the question now is whether Enyeama has met that condition and not whether he has unretired.
Link please :D
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Schillachi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Obong wrote:
niyi,

niyi,

Link please :D
Schillachi,

There are numerous links and easy to find. Simply google "Enyeama and Rohr" and several links will become accessible going back to 2017.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is the lastest as of November last yr.

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/vin ... 54252.html
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Cellular wrote:
Rohr along with his goalkeeper coach Pionetti Enrico are in communication with Enyeama.

And Enyeama has a very good relationship with Mikel so it is not a problem. Even at the last World Cup, Mikel was playing the role of team leader and co-captain without any friction from Enyeama.

The issue of Enyeama being a bad teammate is from the minds of over vivid imaginations of people trying to create beef where there's none.
Uncle,

You are sure about this??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Enyeama has said NO on more than one occasion. I don't know if there has been any recent communication but just before the squads for the friendlies were announced, there was some talk but he didn't make the list.....
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

When I said he was playing games with those videos, some ppl wan attack me. I see I'm not the only one who has picked up on it.

One day the truth of this Enyeama story will come out.

shakara oloje ni
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Uncle,

Enyeama has said NO on more than one occasion. I don't know if there has been any recent communication but just before the squads for the friendlies were announced, there was some talk but he didn't make the list.....
Big Uncle, the reports are all over the place na. Even the infamous alleged Gucci Slippers incident was because he spoke on behalf of the team and the aggressor asked him why is he speaking on behalf of the team...which led to the confrontation. ...you can confirm from people close to the team on the role Mikel played in leading the team and with Vincent's approval. It was even evident on the pitch.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Uncle,

Big Uncle, the reports are all over the place na. Even the infamous alleged Gucci Slippers incident was because he spoke on behalf of the team and the aggressor asked him why is he speaking on behalf of the team...which led to the confrontation. ...you can confirm from people close to the team on the role Mikel played in leading the team and with Vincent's approval. It was even evident on the pitch.
Elderly,

I have heard completely different. But I hope you are right.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Not Germans like to argue too much. Enough of this back n forth jare.

Is Vince coming back or not? If I have info about the situation then tok am joor
OCCUPY NFF!!
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

Whether or not Enyeama is indirectly trying to get Rohr’s attention-- the fact at hand is that Ezenwa is injured (going by the latest reports on this forum), so we need to reconsider Enyeama (assuming he is match fit). Based on Enyeama's latest video clips, I believe this man is not only match fit but his experience will be an invaluable asset to the team. SE management staff ought to swallow their pride and approach Enyeama. The last fracas he had with Oliseh involved his mother’s burial ceremony - and that can be a very sensitive issue for any human being-- talking less of someone who is arguably the best goalie in the history of SE. I hope Mr. Rohr seriously takes a good look at Vincent and reaches out to him.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

soccernut wrote:Whether or not Enyeama is indirectly trying to get Rohr’s attention-- the fact at hand is that Ezenwa is injured (going by the latest reports on this forum), so we need to reconsider Enyeama (assuming he is match fit). Based on Enyeama's latest video clips, I believe this man is not only match fit but his experience will be an invaluable asset to the team. SE management staff ought to swallow their pride and approach Enyeama. The last fracas he had with Oliseh involved his mother’s burial ceremony - and that can be a very sensitive issue for any human being-- talking less of someone who is arguably the best goalie in the history of SE. I hope Mr. Rohr seriously takes a good look at Vincent and reaches out to him.
GBAM!!!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is the lastest as of November last yr.

Former Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama has revealed that he will only make a return to the team if he is 100% fit and in-form.
According to Complete Sports, Enyeama has assured Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr of making a return to the team only when he is 100% fit and in-form.
“The former Super Eagles skipper has told Rohr to watch his recovery and invite him only if he is fit and good for a return.”
How more professional can one get? He's basically saying "I don't want a free lunch"
But Nigerians will bend it, twist it and turn it inside out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:

Former Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama has revealed that he will only make a return to the team if he is 100% fit and in-form.
According to Complete Sports, Enyeama has assured Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr of making a return to the team only when he is 100% fit and in-form.
“The former Super Eagles skipper has told Rohr to watch his recovery and invite him only if he is fit and good for a return.”
How more professional can one get? He's basically saying "I don't want a free lunch"
Either some agent making noise for inclusion or the bobo is spinning you like a yarn. How can someone who's not played consistent first team football for close to a year be 100% fit. In any case, how about match fitness, if we want to differentiate the two?

Abeg Enyeama should not be talking through newspapers. We can't tell which is fake and which is not. He retired publicly. He also has a tweeter account. Write something. It's not too much for a whom nation to ask. This is cat and mouse game. Yes I'm available or no I'm not. SIMPLE
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Either some agent making noise for inclusion or the bobo is spinning you like a yarn. How can someone who's not played consistent first team football for close to a year be 100% fit. In any case, how about match fitness, if we want to differentiate the two?

Abeg Enyeama should not be talking through newspapers. We can't tell which is fake and which is not. He retired publicly. He also has a tweeter account. Write something. It's not too much for a whom nation to ask. This is cat and mouse game. Yes I'm available or no I'm not. SIMPLE
So once he tells you that, then you will send him an invite abi?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Abeg stop your noise. Why all this drama? As if Enyeama will be unveiled as a surprise inclusion. Presidents tweet. But we are all discussing Enyeama from third party hear say when the man himself can actually quench this unnecessary distractions. I remember people constantly recalling Okocha and Kanu after their retirement every time the SE was in a bit of bother.

Wouldn't it be ironic if everyone is clamoring for his call/inclusion but the man has no intention of coming back? Some say he is and others say he's not. I'm sure you know how we can actually arrive at what he intends to do.

The NFF have not mentioned Enyeama. That could mean as far as they are concerned, he's retired. It could also mean some groundwork is being done. Absent of information leads to lots of false information.

My take is simple. His retirement was very public. Why is his return becoming a Nollywood drama? Yes or no. What could be more simpler?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Abeg stop your noise. Why all this drama? As if Enyeama will be unveiled as a surprise inclusion. Presidents tweet. But we are all discussing Enyeama from third party hear say when the man himself can actually quench this unnecessary distractions. I remember people constantly recalling Okocha and Kanu after their retirement every time the SE was in a bit of bother.

Wouldn't it be ironic if everyone is clamoring for his call/inclusion but the man has no intention of coming back? Some say he is and others say he's not. I'm sure you know how we can actually arrive at what he intends to do.

The NFF have not mentioned Enyeama. That could mean as far as they are concerned, he's retired. It could also mean some groundwork is being done. Absent of information leads to lots of false information.

My take is simple. His retirement was very public. Why is his return becoming a Nollywood drama? Yes or no. What could be more simpler?
I asked a simple question, guess it exposed the stupidity in your request that's why you wrote an epistle...the public doesn't invite him, NFF (which Rohr is a part of) communicates with the players and sends invites. So diafore he only needs to tell the NFF whether he is ready to accept an invite or not...
Super Eagus 4 Life!