FIFA 2018 WORLD CUP SQUADS

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FIFA 2018 WORLD CUP SQUADS

Post by anointed »

Hope this can be a thread for all World Cup Squads

Provisional List of not more than 35 (increased from 30 to 35) expected not later than May 14

Final List of 23 submission due for June 4 latest
FIFA released an official media statement on February 8 confirming that provisional squad lists – which have increased in size from 30 to 35 players – are required to be submitted by May 14, with their final 23-man squad list to be finalised on June 4 at the latest.
"The Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions was presented with the latest developments in the preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, including an overview of the event’s 12 stadiums, the upcoming Team Workshop in Sochi (27-28 February) and the FIFA Congress (13 June).
"As a result of feedback from the coaches who attended the Team Seminar held around the Final Draw, the Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions has agreed to increase the number of players included in the release list from no more than 30 to up to 35. In addition, a release list may only be published by the FIFA general secretariat with the explicit permission of the respective participating member association. These amendments to article 44, paragraphs 1 and 3, of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Regulations are still subject to approval by the FIFA Council at its next meeting, scheduled to be held in Bogota, Colombia, on 16 March.
"As confirmed by the FIFA Council in January 2017, the deadline for the participating member associations to submit their release lists is 14 May 2018, while the submission of the final list of 23 players is due on 4 June 2018."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/revealed ... f6oqk576rb
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: FIFA 2018 WORLD CUP SQUADS

Post by nanijoe »

What's the point in having teams submit the provisional squad list?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

nanijoe wrote:What's the point in having teams submit the provisional squad list?
I think it gives everyone time to prepare especially FIFA's sponsors, the media, even the match officials actually study the player's idiosyncrasies on the pitch (like the divers, complainers, e.t.c..).

The 23 man deadline of June 4th doesn't give people enough time.

Personally, I think they should just get rid of these lists and only focus on the game day starting 11 and the bench.
With a coach able to call on any eligible player for each game.
Now that would make things more interesting. :)

Rohr would not have to worry too much about which goalie he starts as he would have the whole NPFL and the diaspora to choose from for a game. Not a good practice but sometimes, surprises are your best weapon especially against teams like Germany that leave not stone unturned in their opponent scouting.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Kabalega wrote:
nanijoe wrote:What's the point in having teams submit the provisional squad list?
I think it gives everyone time to prepare especially FIFA's sponsors, the media, even the match officials actually study the player's idiosyncrasies on the pitch (like the divers, complainers, e.t.c..).

Personally, I think they should just get rid of these lists and only focus on the game day starting 11 and the bench.

Rohr would not have to worry too much about which goalie he starts as he would have the whole NPFL and the diaspora to choose from for a game. Not a good practice but sometimes, surprises are your best weapon especially against teams like Germany that leave not stone unturned in their opponent scouting.
Do you actually follow football? How is that supposed to work in many countries where the season ends in May?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kofi86 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Do you actually follow football? How is that supposed to work in many countries where the season ends in May?
He follows the EPL. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:

With a coach able to call on any eligible player for each game

Bros, I agree with you. I think it's a good idea. Coaches should be able to call-up any player they want at anytime and FIFA should ONLY be concerned with the game-day name of players (starters and reserves). This will give nations a lot of flexibility in dealing with injuries at least.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Bros, I agree with you. I think it's a good idea. Coaches should be able to call-up any player they want at anytime and FIFA should ONLY be concerned with the game-day name of players (starters and reserves). This will give nations a lot of flexibility in dealing with injuries at least.
So a team can carry 300 players to Russia,Will this not even confused the coach.Who will be feeding this many players?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kajifu wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

So a team can carry 300 players to Russia, Will this not even confused the coach.Who will be feeding this many players?
No; but a team should be able to replace a player at anytime as considered necessary - regardless of list - especially when injuries occur. The list as mandated by FIFA, restricts a team from successfully managing its players' injuries or tactical changes.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kofi86 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

What exactly does this have to do with it? The UEFA CL ends in May.
Read my post again.

The important list, is the game day list!
What happens before the game should be up to the individual teams, not FIFA.
FIFA should only try to guide league scheduling in order to get fresh players for the World cup as leagues and teams cannot be fully trusted to manage this part, especially after the 2002 WC.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

So a team can carry 300 players to Russia, Will this not even confused the coach.Who will be feeding this many players?
No; but a team should be able to replace a player at anytime as considered necessary - regardless of list - especially when injuries occur. The list as mandated by FIFA, restricts a team from successfully managing its players' injuries or tactical changes.
KPOM!
Well, if a team can afford to send 300 players to Russia and the host has no qualms with it, then what's the problem?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Group A
Egypt
Coach: Héctor Cúper
Russia
Coach: Stanislav Cherchesov
Saudi Arabia
Coach: Juan Antonio Pizzi
Uruguay
Coach: Óscar Tabárez

Group B
Iran
Coach: Carlos Queiroz
Morocco
Coach: Hervé Renard
Portugal
Coach: Fernando Santos
Spain
Coach: Julen Lopetegui

Group C
Australia
Coach: Bert van Marwijk
Denmark
Coach: Åge Hareide
France
Coach: Didier Deschamps
Peru
Coach: Ricardo Gareca

Group D
Argentina
Coach: Jorge Sampaoli
Croatia
Coach: Zlatko Dalić
Iceland
Coach: Heimir Hallgrímsson
Nigeria
Coach: Gernot Rohr

Group E
Brazil
Coach: Tite
Costa Rica
Coach: Óscar Ramírez
Serbia
Coach: Mladen Krstajić
Switzerland
Coach: Vladimir Petković

Group F
Germany
Coach: Joachim Löw
Mexico
Coach: Juan Carlos Osorio
South Korea
Coach: Shin Tae-yong
Sweden
Coach: Janne Andersson

Group G
Belgium
Coach: Roberto Martínez
England
Coach: Gareth Southgate
Panama
Coach: Hernán Darío Gómez
Tunisia
Coach: Nabil Maâloul

Group H
Colombia
Coach: José Pékerman
Japan
Coach: Akira Nishino
Poland
Coach: Adam Nawałka
Senegal
Coach: Aliou Cissé
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

It's like Australia is first country to submit
Last edited by anointed on Mon May 07, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Australia's 32-man provisional World Cup squad:
Goalkeepers: Brad Jones, Mitch Langerak, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic

Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Alex Gersbach, Matthew Jurman , Fran Karacic, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury, Aleksandar Susnjar, Bailey Wright

Midfielders: Josh Brillante, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic, James Troisi

Forwards: Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Apostolos Giannou, Tomi Juric, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos, Nikita Rukavytsya
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

anointed wrote:Australia's 32-man provisional World Cup squad:

Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Alex Gersbach, Matthew Jurman , Fran Karacic, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury, Aleksandar Susnjar, Bailey Wright

Midfielders: Josh Brillante, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic, James Troisi

Forwards: Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Apostolos Giannou, Tomi Juric, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos, Nikita Rukavytsya
Them no get up to 35 professional players? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

maceo4 wrote:

you do not have to name 35. Rohr likely to name only 30
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Tim Cahill is still playing for Australia? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Undertaker wrote:Tim Cahill is still playing for Australia? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's the World Cup!
Remember Roger Milla? :D

You only need to play 7 games and you don't even have to win them all. Just the important ones.
Heck, you don't even have to win any game in open play.
You could draw all your games as long as you win your penas all the way to the trophy. :D
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Tim Cahill is still playing for Australia? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's the World Cup!

You only need to play 7 games and you don't even have to win them all. Just the important ones.
You could draw all your games as long as you win your penas all the way to the trophy. :D
Lol in Naija World Cup is for preparing youth players for.....hmm the next World Cup wherer you will continue the never ending cycle started by Baba Oni.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Kabalega wrote:
It's the World Cup!

Dude, it is very difficult for any team to advance in the group stage at the World Cup with 3 draws! So, yes, you do need to win a game!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

walesvilla wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

you do not have to name 35. Rohr likely to name only 30
Teams can name no more than 35 players in the provisional list. In fact, a team may choose not to name. France is not likely to name a provisional list but will name a final list on May 15.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Undertaker wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
It's the World Cup!

Dude, it is very difficult for any team to advance in the group stage at the World Cup with 3 draws! So, yes, you do need to win a game!
It's very difficult as you said but not impossible. You know 3 draws = draw. If the top team gets maximum points, the 3 others can get 3 points each with the best GD qualifying. In 1982, Italy qualified for the next round with 3 draws.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The guy is ageless. Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and crucial Tim Cahill headed goals. It was his extra time header that qualified Australia for the WC with a dramatic victory in the play-off against Syria:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/tim ... yy8wn.html

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

My Buddy Matt McKay no dey the team
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT