INNERCAUCUS AND ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: INNERCAUCUS AND ROHR

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:Innercaucaus was really just a friend of Keshi or one of the coaching staff. That was about it
Most certainly not true...

Dude supplied us with inner scoops under Oliseh (including the fact that was later validated about Oliseh's impatience with Lukman Haruna), Siasia and Rohr (including the scoop that Rohr did not really rate Anderson Esiti, despite playing him against Zambia - a fact that was subsequently validated in the next set of call-ups and ever since). The dude certainly knew his beans, despite the often petty haterade by some on CE.
I could never quite get that and still don't.
All he ever did was provide critical info in advance, mostly quite accurate.
And some people were unhappy with that?
It makes you wonder what people you are laughing with are actually holding inside of them.
Welcome to Nigeria....

Some people just can't handle seeing others taking glory
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:Innercaucaus was really just a friend of Keshi or one of the coaching staff. That was about it

Dude supplied us with inner scoops under Oliseh (including the fact that was later validated about Oliseh's impatience with Lukman Haruna), Siasia and Rohr (including the scoop that Rohr did not really rate Anderson Esiti, despite playing him against Zambia - a fact that was subsequently validated in the next set of call-ups and ever since). The dude certainly knew his beans, despite the often petty haterade by some on CE.
It makes you wonder what people you are laughing with are actually holding inside of them.
I never hated on the guy, that is not my thing.

but I do not see the benefit of releasing information in advance. It is either risky, or at best futile.

Certain information really is to none of our benefit. For example the starting XI, who does that help? The starting XI should not be known to any member of the public prior to 2 hours max.

You want to keep the opposition guessing, it may very well be easy to guess, but that is besides the point. You want that element of 'What if' at all times. So you make a bunch of forumers happy, but the whole world can plan for our XI, 24 hours in advance? Makes no sense to me.

but hey people are entitled to their opinions (well according to most sensible individuals), although self-righteous clowns named after crooks might disagree.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

but I do not see the benefit of releasing information in advance. It is either risky, or at best futile.

Certain information really is to none of our benefit. For example the starting XI, who does that help? The starting XI should not be known to any member of the public prior to 2 hours max.

You want to keep the opposition guessing, it may very well be easy to guess, but that is besides the point. You want that element of 'What if' at all times. So you make a bunch of forumers happy, but the whole world can plan for our XI, 24 hours in advance? Makes no sense to me.

but hey people are entitled to their opinions (well according to most sensible individuals), although self-righteous clowns named after crooks might disagree.
This risk is overstated. Give me a list of players in camp for most national teams and I'll knock out the starting eleven with 90% accuracy. It's easy to do. Managers give away players that will play the next day at press conferences. We got so lucky with Muyiwa Lawal and felt a real closeness to the team.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Some of the people on this site are like Judas and Antonio Conte. Conte who wanted Emenalo gone and now that he will likely be fired claims that he misses him. Or people who were unjustly crucifying Muyiwa Lawal for 92% accurate information now crying for a 35 man list 48 hours before it is to be released? If you are alive tomorrow, turn on your computer and open the URL and I'm quite sure the list will be published.

However, if you don't like the list, too bad.

Come on!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

felarey wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

This risk is overstated. Give me a list of players in camp for most national teams and I'll knock out the starting eleven with 90% accuracy. It's easy to do. Managers give away players that will play the next day at press conferences. We got so lucky with Muyiwa Lawal and felt a real closeness to the team.

The guy definitely had some view from the inside. His accuracy and details were beyond the best-guess realm.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet