I Hope Troost is OK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
I Hope Troost is OK

Post by vancity eagle »

I see he was subbed off in the 83 minute for a midfielder with his team losing 3-1.

Is that normal to sub off a central defender for a midfielder with a few minutes left and your team looking to score ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Hope Troost is OK

Post by vancity eagle »

Joel Obi and Onyekuru made the bench today and we're unused subs.

Bazee was not on the bench for Hannovers last game but came on in the last few minutes of the previous match.

Balogun, Ebuehi, Ndidi are yet to feature for their teams bench.

Sadiq Umar was not on bench last week for NAC Breda.

Yesterday Etebo was not even on bench for Las Palmas

Today Isaac Success started and played 80 minutes for Malaga.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

vancity eagle wrote:I see he was subbed off in the 83 minute for a midfielder with his team losing 3-1.

Is that normal to sub off a central defender for a midfielder with a few minutes left and your team looking to score ?
What kind of dumb question is that? That’s exactly when you sub a defender for a more forward player. Would you prefer to sub a defender for a midfielder when you are leading and looking to pack the bus.

No offense, but you sound like a moron.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

muzines wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I see he was subbed off in the 83 minute for a midfielder with his team losing 3-1.

What kind of dumb question is that? That’s exactly when you sub a defender for a more forward player. Would you prefer to sub a defender for a midfielder when you are leading and looking to pack the bus.

You go away for long and you come back with insults. I joined CE in 2003...some 15 years and I would have thought we are all growing older and mellowing down on the baby-ish years of insults and childish antics.

And why does the site allows this unprovoked insults anyway?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Some of the people on the site may have mental problems, occupational stress, depression or spousal challenges. This may be their only outlet to abuse someone. :)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

nzeogwu wrote:Some of the people on the site may have mental problems, occupational stress, depression or spousal challenges. This may be their only outlet to abuse someone. :)
This is the type of thing that is truly troubling. You can disagree with someone but why insult, question a person's intellect, or name call. IMHO there should not be a place for that. People should and can debate on merits of the points raised by others without unnecessary attacks on the person.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What the big deal here! Muguness has been calling people a Moron for over a decade on CE. It certainly does not qualify as an “insult’” anymore if it’s muguness saying it. In fact calling it an insult is moronic. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

muzines wrote:

If 'vacancy ingle' can rain underserved abuse on Musa, why can't muzines use his copyrighted label on VC :?: :?: :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Think about your question again. Just think Bro.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

And just like that..muzines is back as if he never left. Make I go find somewhere to buy popcorn abeg!!!
muzines wrote:

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Doctor ...please ignore them. Vancity Eagle is the worst offender when it comes to abuse.... :thumbs:

muzines wrote:

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Are you guys really getting bent out of shape because I said he sounded like a moron. I didn’t even call him a moron, I said he sounded like one. I even said ‘no offense’, haba!

An Igbo proverb says that if people are going to accuse you of eating a frog, you should eat a big one - so that if you are called a frog eater, you can answer proudly.

In that spirit, anybody offended by my earlier comment is a moron...:taunt:.

:lol:
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

muzines wrote:Are you guys really getting bent out of shape because I said he sounded like a moron. I didn’t even call him a moron, I said he sounded like one. I even said ‘no offense’, haba!

An Igbo proverb says that if people are going to accuse you of eating a frog, you should eat a big one - so that if you are called a frog eater, you can answer proudly.

In that spirit, anybody offended by my earlier comment is a moron...:taunt:.

:lol:

see this clown.

For your info Troost was not even on the bench for Buraspor today.

Neither was Abdullahi.

Mikel Agu played the full 90.

Like I said, I hope Troost is OK.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I also noticed that Mousa Sow of Senegal and Behich a defender for Australia were not playing or on the bench for Buraspor either, and both players have been called up for their WC squad.

Onazi also not on bench for Tranbzonspor today.

I guess the clubs resting WC players if it is a meaningless match ? So that the players can rest for the mandated 10 day period ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mikel played 90 minutes for his Chinese side today.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

nzeogwu wrote:Some of the people on the site may have mental problems, occupational stress, depression or spousal challenges. This may be their only outlet to abuse someone. :)
That’s why they have problems they are probably too passive in actual life situations to express themselves bless (*(&^$ them if you like) them anyway!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI