SIMY NWANKWO HANGS AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SIMY NWANKWO HANGS AGAIN

Post by bret- hart »

Thus guy has scored 6 goals in 7 games in serie A but still some clowns say he isnt good enough to be in the 35man list.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote:Thus guy has scored 6 goals in 7 games in serie A but still some clowns say he isnt good enough to be in the 35man list.
He is not good enough.

Anthony Ujah also had similar form in Germany. Didn't impress with the Eagles.

It is too late for him. Also he might not fit the system Rohr is planning to use.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I don't know, about not being good enough. The valid question should be, does he fit into the system Rohr plays.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should be invited for the games after the world cup.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:Thus guy has scored 6 goals in 7 games in serie A but still some clowns say he isnt good enough to be in the 35man list.

He should definitely be in the 35 man list.

However I think that Sadiq Umar is more dynamic as a tall striker. That is what I have heard.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He shouldn't be invited in the 35 man squad. Only players that have played in past games and friendlies should be invited.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think Rohr prefers forwards that are mobile. Not one trick ponies. Strikers like Ighalo, Kayode, Iheanacho and Ideye Brown. But it is good to have atleast one striker like Simy. May need to change things up in the 2nd half and play more direct like Stoke city or Bolton.

Ideye Brown played against Zambia in qualifications.
[/video]

bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

ohenhen1 wrote:He shouldn't be invited in the 35 man squad. Only players that have played in past games and friendlies should be invited.
Sir why? Is there any FIFA rule that bans those who did not play in friendliest and past games ? You are definitely insular with your suggestions .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

[/video]

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bully12 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He shouldn't be invited in the 35 man squad. Only players that have played in past games and friendlies should be invited.
Sir why? Is there any FIFA rule that bans those who did not play in friendliest and past games ? You are definitely insular with your suggestions .
No there is no ban, just my personal preference to prevent agent activity. It is too late to introduce new players into the setup. It takes time for the coach to get players to play to his instruction.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nigeria currently has only one out and out striker: Ighalo. We all know he has more off days than on.
Iheanacho has struggled on multiple occasions playing as the main striker - its obvious he is more effective as a support striker.
Ideye just isn't it - not surprised he has yet to be looked at since the 1st Zambia match.
I actually like Simy - his 6'5" frame makes him a great aerial target in the box - something the 5'9" Ighalo will never be.
And even though he appears gangly, he is actually quite strong on the ball and is a good target man. Also, the kid is no slouch, by any means!

Nigeria has 2 matches before the England Friendly - i.e. Athletico Madrid (May 22) and Congo DRC (May 28). This may be an opportunity to see what he can bring to the table.
[/video]
ohenhen1 wrote:I think Rohr prefers forwards that are mobile. Not one trick ponies. Strikers like Ighalo, Kayode, Iheanacho and Ideye Brown. But it is good to have atleast one striker like Simy. May need to change things up in the 2nd half and play more direct like Stoke city or Bolton.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like Simy too. But it is too late for him for the WC. He should get an invite after the world cup. It takes time to build a team. FIFA rest period is between May 21 to May 27. Simy can't play against Atletico Madrid. Nigeria first game is on 6/16/18. Doesn't make any logical sense to invite an unknown player this close to the world cup.

I have watched Ideye Brown play for Nigeria. He had a good game against Zambia in qualification. I have never seen Simy Nwankwo play for Nigeria.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I like Simy too. But it is too late for him for the WC. He should get an invite after the world cup. It takes time to build a team. FIFA rest period is between May 21 to May 27. Simy can't play against Atletico Madrid. Nigeria first game is on 6/16/18. Doesn't make any logical sense to invite an unknown player this close to the world cup.

I have watched Ideye Brown play for Nigeria. He had a good game against Zambia in qualification. I have never seen Simy Nwankwo play for Nigeria.
Dude STFU and let the coach decide who will be included in his world cup roster, all these "i know it all" pushy attitudes from annoying fans like you gets on my last nerves. On current form the likes of Simy definitely deserve a look in since we want all our IN FORM players at the world cup... so who the heck are you to decide whether it's late or not for a player who is Nigerian and has every right to show what he's got for his country? retrogressive minded elements like you are the problem we have with Nigeria...I this I that, nyggah nobody gives a rat a. s. s what you think... Ideye ko Adiye ni :roll:
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sun May 13, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I like Simy too. But it is too late for him for the WC. He should get an invite after the world cup. It takes time to build a team. FIFA rest period is between May 21 to May 27. Simy can't play against Atletico Madrid. Nigeria first game is on 6/16/18. Doesn't make any logical sense to invite an unknown player this close to the world cup.

Dude STFU and let the coach decide who will be included in his world cup roster, all these i know it all from annoying fans like you gets on my last nerves. On current form the likes of Simy definitely deserve a look in since we went all out IN FORM players at the world cup... so who the heck are you to decide whether it's late or not for a player who is Nigerian and has every right to show what he's got for his country? retrogressive minded elements like you are the problem we have with Nigeria.
I will not. People are free to say they want Simy Nwankwo. I am also entitled to my views. It is too late. Also I don't think he fits our system. Maybe if we want to change our style of play in the 2nd half. We have a lot of tall strikers like Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Onwauchi and etc that weren't called up. The coach went with more mobile strikers like Iheanacho and Ighalo. Even Ideye Brown was dropped.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr should only invite players that have played in past games. BTW Ideye Brown is better than Simy Nwankwo.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Dude STFU and let the coach decide who will be included in his world cup roster, all these i know it all from annoying fans like you gets on my last nerves. On current form the likes of Simy definitely deserve a look in since we went all out IN FORM players at the world cup... so who the heck are you to decide whether it's late or not for a player who is Nigerian and has every right to show what he's got for his country? retrogressive minded elements like you are the problem we have with Nigeria.
I will not. People are free to say they want Simy Nwankwo. I am also entitled timy views. It is too late. Also I don't think he fits our system. Maybe if we want to change our style of play in the 2nd half. We have a lot of tall strikers like Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Onwauchi and etc that weren't called up. The coach went with more mobile strikers like Iheanacho and Ighalo. Even Ideye Brown was dropped.
Nobody is stopping you from having an opinion, but stop been asinine and economical with the truth. A player that has scored 6 goals in 7 appearances for not just any crap league but the Seria A doesn't fit into your fantasy system? With this outdated and ridiculous mentality, how would we know if the likes of Simy Nwankwo wouldn't be the missing puzzle we've been looking for of we don't at least give a chance to see what they can bring? football just like life is all about dynamics... we've been on the Ighalo and Nacho experiment for too long, and between them we haven't been potent in our goal conversion ratio for a while now , so if this new lads come in and offer a different type of quality then why should we not be excited that we at least have reliable options? or you probably want us to repeat the same mistake Keshi(May he RIP) made by taking a team with a weak bench to the world cup in Brazil.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr should only invite players that have played in past games. BTW Ideye Brown is better than Simy Nwankwo.
You definitely have a bigger problem than I imagined, it's pointless trying to even waste time educating you.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Again I like Simy Nwankwo. But he has never played for Nigeria. We have seen guys like Ujah score freely in Germany and then struggle in Nigeria. We see players like Iwobi struggle at Arsenal and then have a great game for Nigeria. Club form doesn't always translate to the National team. I want to see Nwankwo play for Nigeria first before I buy the hype. It is too late to invite new players to the team. Rohr will have about 17 days to prepare the team before the first game on 6/16/18 against Croatia. Only players that have featured in the previous games should get an invite. Maybe even announce 23 players and the standby players. 35 players may be unnecessary.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Otitokoro wrote:Nigeria currently has only one out and out striker: Ighalo. We all know he has more off days than on.
Iheanacho has struggled on multiple occasions playing as the main striker - its obvious he is more effective as a support striker.
Ideye just isn't it - not surprised he has yet to be looked at since the 1st Zambia match.
I actually like Simy - his 6'5" frame makes him a great aerial target in the box - something the 5'9" Ighalo will never be.
And even though he appears gangly, he is actually quite strong on the ball and is a good target man. Also, the kid is no slouch, by any means!

Nigeria has 2 matches before the England Friendly - i.e. Athletico Madrid (May 22) and Congo DRC (May 28). This may be an opportunity to see what he can bring to the table.
[/video]
ohenhen1 wrote:I think Rohr prefers forwards that are mobile. Not one trick ponies. Strikers like Ighalo, Kayode, Iheanacho and Ideye Brown. But it is good to have atleast one striker like Simy. May need to change things up in the 2nd half and play more direct like Stoke city or Bolton.

Exactly what was said about uchebo and Ameobi at this stage in 2014 come to find out otherwise at the wc. Simy is welcome to play for SE after the WC any time he gets a call. We're going to Russia with a TEAM, not players who scored last week and this week. We have no idea how he'd fit into the current team and no time to find out. Well use the couple games we have to calibrate the team we have, not to try out new players who happen to be hot ATM.
OCCUPY NFF!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

It’s not too late Ohenhen. He’s a professional player. We need our best people. The principle of taking your known hands, can only be taken so far. We know Ighalo, and Kelechi will be in the 23. I think we need some other very inform players, that in my book includes trying out Siny & Sadiq. Not only is it good for competition in camp, it also gives the coach who’s contract has been extended a glimpse into the future.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr should only invite players that have played in past games. BTW Ideye Brown is better than Simy Nwankwo.

Bro in the last six months, who has peformed better in a top league ideye, simy or Igaho?

Simy is playing well and we need our best players and simy will likely be the joker when he scores during the friendlies. watch out for him