20yr old Goalies @ the WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
20yr old Goalies @ the WC

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Just wondering about the record of young goalies are at the wc and how far they've ever taken their teams. Also, what is the record of African based Goalies at the wc? Not saying that a 19yr old goalie cant win the wc, just wondering how often it has happened in the past and how successful they've been.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 20yr old Goalies @ the WC

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Just wondering about the record of young goalies are at the wc and how far they've ever taken their teams. Also, what is the record of African based Goalies at the wc? Not saying that a 19yr old goalie cant win the wc, just wondering how often it has happened in the past and how successful they've been.
You do know a keeper is as good as his defence,if he has to deal with too many shots you have to ask why,I’m know experience counts for a lot but of a goalkeeper alone can’t win anything it’s a team sport after all!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 20yr old Goalies @ the WC

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Just wondering about the record of young goalies are at the wc and how far they've ever taken their teams. Also, what is the record of African based Goalies at the wc? Not saying that a 19yr old goalie cant win the wc, just wondering how often it has happened in the past and how successful they've been.
You do know a keeper is as good as his defence,if he has to deal with too many shots you have to ask why,I’m know experience counts for a lot but of a goalkeeper alone can’t win anything it’s a team sport after all!
How many teenagers have been chosen as No 1 and how far did their team go? I'm sure most did excellently but I'm just curious to know. Also, how well gave African based goalies performed? I know Vince nice n 02 is the only African based goalie we've ever used and he did well. How about others?
OCCUPY NFF!!