This would be my 35-man provisional World Cup squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: This would be my 35-man provisional World Cup squad

Post by maceo4 »

nzeogwu wrote:Naija cannot release their list until England and Germany release theirs. There will be one last push at

Akpoguma
Abraham

Crazy but that’s what my gut tells me. Why we need 35 is beyond me. 30 I can understand. Seven alternates.
Push from who? Germany and England aren’t pushing for them abeg. Once all the agents have gotten their players in then the list can be released. I’m currently working on Ideye as we speak :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

nzeogwu wrote:Naija cannot release their list until England and Germany release theirs. There will be one last push at

Akpoguma
Abraham

Crazy but that’s what my gut tells me. Why we need 35 is beyond me. 30 I can understand. Seven alternates.
Sweet rubbish

I dont know if Germany is naming a straight up final 23 but England is naming theirs on May 16, a couple of days after the deadline for the submission of the provisional list. So why would Nigeria want to wait till after May 16 to submit a provisional list when the dealine would have expired on May 14. Or are you saying we are also naming our final squad this week?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think Rohr should just name his 23 and standby players. 35 players is a waste of time and it increase the expense for the NFF. Also agents are lurking around.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think Rohr should just name his 23 and standby players. 35 players is a waste of time and it increase the expense for the NFF. Also agents are lurking around.
Ohenhen1

KPOM. This naming of 30-35 often sounds fishy. I remember 2010(?) when Lagerback named provisional list and even before the team got together a final list was released. That was rubbish.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

john12 wrote:35 man squad at this point is just a waste of time, resources, money and energy. Our coach should know his 23 1 month to World Cup and 1 friendly game shouldn’t decide if any new person is going to the World Cup in order to avoid instances like obasi, haruna in 2010, or nwafor, ameobi, uchebo in 2014. A situation where players will impress in friendlies like a flash in the pan then flop at the main WC
35-man squad submission is a FIFA requirement.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Goldleaf wrote:
john12 wrote:35 man squad at this point is just a waste of time, resources, money and energy. Our coach should know his 23 1 month to World Cup and 1 friendly game shouldn’t decide if any new person is going to the World Cup in order to avoid instances like obasi, haruna in 2010, or nwafor, ameobi, uchebo in 2014. A situation where players will impress in friendlies like a flash in the pan then flop at the main WC
35-man squad submission is a FIFA requirement.
I don't think it has to be 35, other teams are submitting less, that said in naija with agents running rampant I won't be surprised if they filled up that whole 35 list.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!