RIP: J Lloyd Samuel

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
RIP: J Lloyd Samuel

Post by pajimoh »

Died in a car crash

Jlloyd Samuel: Former Aston Villa and Bolton defender dies in car crash.

Former Aston Villa and Bolton defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash in Cheshire.

The 37-year-old, most recently player-manager of non-league side Egerton, died on Tuesday.

Samuel made 199 appearances for Villa after signing with the club in 1998, and played 83 times for Bolton between 2007 and 2011.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association said he had "collided with an oncoming vehicle".

"We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of our former player Jlloyd Samuel at the age of just 37 in a car accident," Championship side Villa said on Twitter.

"Our players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect tonight [in their play-off semi-final] and our thoughts are with his friends and family at this very difficult time."

Samuel won two international caps for Trinidad and Tobago, and also played club football in Iran between 2011 and 2015.

The Trinidad and Tobago FA continued on Facebook: "We've received some terrible news that former national defender and ex-Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers player Jlloyd Samuel died in a car crash this morning in England.

"According to reports, Jlloyd was returning home after dropping his kids off to school and collided with an oncoming vehicle.

"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national team-mates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the UK and here in Trinidad and Tobago."

Cheshire Police said they were called to a serious collision involving a van and a Range Rover in High Legh, Cheshire at 07:55 BST.

"Sadly the driver of the car, Jlloyd Samuel, 37, from Lymm, died at the scene," they said in a statement.

"His next of kin have been informed and are currently being supported by specially trained officers.

"The driver of the van, a 54-year-old man, sustained serious injuries and has been taken to hospital for treatment."

Jlloyd Samuel

Samuel joined Bolton in 2007 after almost 10 years at Aston Villa

Football pays tribute

Manchester United defender Ashley Young: "Absolutely gutted to hear the news of the passing of Jlloyd Samuel. Took me under his wing when I joined Villa and helped me settle. Such a good guy on and off the pitch and a truly good friend."

Bolton Wanderers: "Everybody associated with Bolton Wanderers Football Club is deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our former defender, Jlloyd Samuel.

"Rest in peace, Jlloyd. Our deepest condolences are with his family and friends at this difficult time."

Cardiff City: "We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former Cardiff City defender, Jlloyd Samuel. Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this incredibly difficult time."

Charlton Athletic: "The club are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Jlloyd Samuel, who began his career in Charlton's youth system. The thoughts of everyone at the club are with his family and friends at this difficult time."

Players' union, the PFA: "Our sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Jlloyd Samuel who has died aged 37."

Former team-mate and Liverpool academy coach Michael Beale said: "Absolutely heartbroken to hear of the passing of my childhood friend and team-mate. A beautiful person."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44127716
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RIP: J Lloyd Samuel

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

RIP
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

RIP
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Geez I remember this guy! May his soul rest in peace.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Rest in Peace young blood. Rise in Power young blood.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gone too soon, RIP!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

RIP
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

RIP
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

RIP
Goldenera94
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Friend of a sibling. Very sad. There are few things in life more perplexing than life itself. To drop one’s kids to school, then leave this life in a ball of flames, is beyond belief. Strength and comfort to all those affected.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RIP.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

RIP
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

RIP...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sad news.
http://www.naijiant.com/
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Wow ... crazy news. RIP. Always saw his amazing talent.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Wow... sad news. Really good player
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

RIP
rust09
Egg
Egg

Post by rust09 »

Tragic loss! Comfort to his family :sad:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

RIP
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

RIP
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Sad news. May he RIP
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower