The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:First step Arteta or the new coach should take is getting rid of Ozil and Xhacrap :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
New Coach, is a coach - not a Manager. He works with what he is given. If the club wants rid of Ozil or Xhaka, it is not the new Coach decision.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmm daily mail reporting that Southgate has called Jack and Joe Hart to inform them they won’t be among the 23 to Russia :ohmy: Ok oh
Are you surprised. Jack did not do anywhere near enough to be in the squad. Correct call by Southgate.
Hmm. Jack may have not lit the league on fire but he played an integral role for Arsenal in the 2nd half of the season and stayed fit! Hard to think of too many English midfielders currently better than him in that "water carrier" central midfield role
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@SDL, Sol has been very championing in his self-assessment, by which measure he has the acutest brain in football. Worth a punt? Mikel Villas Boas over Brigadier General is somewhat anticlimactic, one had envisioned Big Paddy V, fully kitted out, wading in if and when it all kicks off.

There’s a paucity of physical presence about Beloved and results are very much a consequence of such. It came as no surprise that West Brom’s turn of fortune, albeit far too late and thus ill-fated, arrived in the imposing, rough cut, 6 footed frame of Big Darren Moore. Chest barrelled, walk like the Daddy on a prison wing. There are few forces more motivational than fear. If anything is to be learned from the outgoing, overstayed antiquated emeritus, t’is the danger of having friends within the barracks. Everyone was Arsene’s friend and as history has foretold, friends will always exercise the liberty of that title, be lacksidasical where the worker grafts. There can be no room for the platonic, there can be no friends, just comrades and infantry. Brothers in arms, armed for one purpose.

What happens to Ozil’s belly ache when Big Paddy V asks him to pitch up at the Colney? Nein belly achein...What belly ache Boss? Exactly!

City vs United, tempers flaring, all kicks off in the tunnel, who left holding bloodstained tissue to his forehead, Arteta...another kitty cat’ol to Mardi Gras with the marigolds. The LGBT Emirates stadium. Pathetic. Did he get a single straight red in his career? Was he in the thick of it when Unsworth and Big Dunc were letting the hands go? Merseyside Derby, how many reducers? Did he ever go in studs up on Stevie G?

When it’s all in, the lads need to be able to look to the bench and know there’s a 12th man rolling up the sleeves to come steaming in. The niceness took them back to the start, full circle, t’is now time for a new era. A new breed and for God’s sake, an end to this pusillanimous civility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Is the board going for Arteta because he is assistant to Pep or is because they know him as an ex gunner that can do the job?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:First step Arteta or the new coach should take is getting rid of Ozil and Xhacrap :curse:
New Coach, is a coach - not a Manager. He works with what he is given. If the club wants rid of Ozil or Xhaka, it is not the new Coach decision.
The coach should have a huge say on who he wants on the team.

I
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I
Not when you have a yes sir man incharge
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Exactly what some of them are after, a yes man. Jump...how high? trampoline or pogo stick.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Waffi my good man stop offering opinions or claims of insight .... even Robbynoise no dey buy ya fables any more :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi my good man stop offering opinions or claims of insight .... even Robbynoise no dey buy ya fables any more :taunt: :taunt:
As usual, I will be proven right. Arsenal have a new structure in place now. It is like the system in other Euro league's, like Italy, Spain etc etc.

Galzidis set out the conditions for the new Coach, Google it. The 3rd condition was noted, it demanded the new Coach recruited players from the Youth team.

Bottom line, new man is given players and he coaches for results. He may say he wants this or that player, the recruitment team are not obligated to listen or act on his recommendation.

If only wishes were horses Aniks. Get with the program, things don change. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If all these sources are right, and Arteta is the new man. Personally, I love the choice. I saw Arteta work with the Youth team, he was highly regarded and respected for his abilities as a coach. Arteta was a Coach at Arsenal with a top reputation, he even took first team training sessions, under Wenger's tutelage and without Wenger's tutelage. It is why Pep came for him in the first place. I believe he completed his badges at Arsenal.

Moreover in Arteta, Arsenal are looking for continuity, I believe he will continue Wenger's incredible work. He will have my full support like I gave to Wenger. I also believe he has what it takes to get us challenging in the next 2 seasons. As with Wenger, the future is bright and exciting with Arteta, so long as we do it our way, sticking to our values as a club.

I am a realist, I know my football club. Fark the moaners, we will do it our way.

We are The Arsenal
We are the best.

I love The Arsenal. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I
So says ohenhen1. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I
So say any respectful coach. Go tell Jose Maurinhno if he will be a yes man coach. We don't want a yes man. I would rather have Wenger back.

:shock: :shock:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I
So say any respectful coach. Go tell Jose Maurinhno if he will be a yes man coach. We don't want a yes man. I would rather have Wenger back.

:shock: :shock:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They say, be careful what you wish for Wenger is long gone. We now have a coach, not a Manager.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:According to Sky Sports, we are interested in signing Seri. Positive steps though if true though it appears we will dilly dally around until a new Manager is confirmed

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ntial-deal
They tried to sign him in the summer and winter windows according to rumours then.

I look at the big picture. If the Seri rumours are true, plus Jack being offered improved terms. I can onlynconclude the Ramsey rumours maybe true. It is said Ramsey, who had agreed a deal with Arsenal immediately changed his mind when he heard Wenger was leaving. If true, you have to wonder if the club offering Jack new terms has a lot to do with Ramsey leaving.
Story. Ramsey and his agent both had to be on cheap expired meds if they didn't factor the high likelihood of Wenger leaving into their contract negotiations. Anyways I am indifferent to both Wilshere and Ramsey staying. Wilshere is a backup squad player at best and Ramsey is so-so. We've been meh with both...actually curious about the potential of other players in both spots. Ramsey isn't worth the salary numbers being thrown around so we can flog him off to Utd where they piss money around for a healthy fee
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:According to Sky Sports, we are interested in signing Seri. Positive steps though if true though it appears we will dilly dally around until a new Manager is confirmed

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ntial-deal
They tried to sign him in the summer and winter windows according to rumours then.

I look at the big picture. If the Seri rumours are true, plus Jack being offered improved terms. I can onlynconclude the Ramsey rumours maybe true. It is said Ramsey, who had agreed a deal with Arsenal immediately changed his mind when he heard Wenger was leaving. If true, you have to wonder if the club offering Jack new terms has a lot to do with Ramsey leaving.
Story. Ramsey and his agent both had to be on cheap expired meds if they didn't factor the high likelihood of Wenger leaving into their contract negotiations. Anyways I am indifferent to both Wilshere and Ramsey staying. Wilshere is a backup squad player at best and Ramsey is so-so. We've been meh with both...actually curious about the potential of other players in both spots. Ramsey isn't worth the salary numbers being thrown around so we can flog him off to Utd where they piss money around for a healthy fee
You should know, I got no time for any player that wants to leave The Arsenal. If he wants out, sell him fast, we do not want the Alexis nonsense that derailed our season. Look at how Hazard messed up Chelsea. Just get rid of players who do not want to be there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@MrArsenicTM:Pep on MNF said that Arteta was key in Sane’s and Sterling’s impressive form. Mikel scheduled extra sessions to work on their positioning and first touch.
-------------------------------------
We know he likes a short pitch - has mentors in Mauricio Pochettino & Pep - all big believers in Marcelo Bielsa.
Mikel knows how we work & prepare for opponents but also how to prepare against us - i believe in da Kid - give him the gig. I'll need to see who his assistants are - i need at least one defensive wiz in there.
Reine-Adelaide, Iwobi need those drills whilst the likes of Cohen Bramall get to make their case to be gooners
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

With all Henry, Viera, Campbell have done and meant to this team, the guy they find to coach this team is Arteta? Seriously Kroenke and his cronies?
Not trying to bring color is this, but what should these Black players do to deserve a chance to coach? I mean !!! Nothing against Arteta, but Viera has more coaching experience than him and Henry has been assistant ... just like him. This choice of Arteta is just pathetic.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

As usual, I will be proven right. Arsenal have a new structure in place now. It is like the system in other Euro league's, like Italy, Spain etc etc.

Galzidis set out the conditions for the new Coach, Google it. The 3rd condition was noted, it demanded the new Coach recruited players from the Youth team.

Bottom line, new man is given players and he coaches for results. He may say he wants this or that player, the recruitment team are not obligated to listen or act on his recommendation.

If only wishes were horses Aniks. Get with the program, things don change. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If all these sources are right, and Arteta is the new man. Personally, I love the choice. I saw Arteta work with the Youth team, he was highly regarded and respected for his abilities as a coach. Arteta was a Coach at Arsenal with a top reputation, he even took first team training sessions, under Wenger's tutelage and without Wenger's tutelage. It is why Pep came for him in the first place. I believe he completed his badges at Arsenal.

Moreover in Arteta, Arsenal are looking for continuity, I believe he will continue Wenger's incredible work. He will have my full support like I gave to Wenger. I also believe he has what it takes to get us challenging in the next 2 seasons. As with Wenger, the future is bright and exciting with Arteta, so long as we do it our way, sticking to our values as a club.

I am a realist, I know my football club. Fark the moaners, we will do it our way.

We are The Arsenal
We are the best.

I love The Arsenal. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Right about what exactly? Give evidence....the rest of your dribble is no new revelation at all captain obvious :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When I see the black man kill themselves over these clubs you either laugh or cry. The case of Viera is as pathetic as they come....no need to say anything again. What does Arteta have over Viera? If Viera was white....his name would be number one on that list,not the insult they heaped at him with that token gesture uses more as a bait than anything else.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bepanda wrote:With all Henry, Viera, Campbell have done and meant to this team, the guy they find to coach this team is Arteta? Seriously Kroenke and his cronies?
Not trying to bring color is this, but what should these Black players do to deserve a chance to coach? I mean !!! Nothing against Arteta, but Viera has more coaching experience than him and Henry has been assistant ... just like him. This choice of Arteta is just pathetic.
What has race got to do with it?

The problem with you lot is you all live in lala-land. Arsenal are now the 5th biggest spenders in this league, unless they intend to change this, there is no way any top Coach comes to Arsenal. But you all deluded yourselves thinking this big shot man will arrive, we will spend big money and win everything, once the man who was responsible for everything is gone. You got your wish, Wenger is gone, but it is looking like business as usual at Arsenal.

You lot will moan and moan, unless you get what your delusions demands of Arsenal. The good thing is, the Board will do what is best for Arsenal. If Arteta is the man, it is the right and fair choice for the club IMHO, it has nothing to do with race.

Henry was a Coach at Arsenal, like Arteta he did his badges there and coached the Youth. He also took training sessions with the senior squad of players. But the same Henry took a job at Sky in which he criticised the very players he coached in his Sky punditry. This placed Wenger and the Arsenal hierarchy in a very difficult position with the players who demanded something be done. Also created unnecessary tension between him and players as his criticism of Giroud led to open warfare, not just between both of them, but other senior players in the squad. Till today, you have players in that Arsenal squad who do not talk to Henry. All this led to Henry's ex-player's and coaching pass being withdrawn when he left as Coach. Why do you think he was not at Wenger's last home game? I don't know, but I can make an educated guess.

Everyone knows, he was given the choice, be a Coach at Arsenal or become the Sky pundit. He chose the later, if he really was dedicated to being a Coach, he will not want to do it on a part time basis. How do you now expect Henry to be considered given all what has happened?

As for Patrick, I am very disappointed about him not getting the job. Rumours are, he was contacted but he felt a decision had been made, cos he got signs the approach was not genuine. If true, that's wrong. That's not the way to treat a legend like Patrick. Just call him and say you have someone else, but can you have a chat about later possibilities. Just be honest with the man.

I have said it from get go, they always knew their man, but they cannot put all their eggs in one basket. What if their first choice Rejects them?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:When I see the black man kill themselves over these clubs you either laugh or cry. The case of Viera is as pathetic as they come....no need to say anything again. What does Arteta have over Viera? If Viera was white....his name would be number one on that list,not the insult they heaped at him with that token gesture uses more as a bait than anything else.
I completely disagree. Like you, I am a huge fan of Patrick, but this has nothing to do with race. As much as I am disappointed for Patrick if he is not chosen, I actually think the relationship will not work out. I cannot see Patrick making the sort of compromises needed to be the next Arsenal Coach.

Patrick will be at loggerheads in no time with the Board. Wenger made ridiculous compromises and worked miracles, I said this here time and time. Members of the Board in their tributes to the man have confirmed this.

Vieira will not have the sense of responsibility and loyalty Wenger had because of the stadium project, even if he is an Arsenal legend. He will make demands, like he did as a player, it will lead to an acrimonious parting of ways.

If Arsenal want to spend money and give Vieira an input into players and be more than just a coach. Then I will say get Patrick. But if they want a Coach to just get on with what he has been given, with very little input in players coming in or going out, then I wonder if it will work.

For me, I hear a lot of clubs in France want him. I think he should avoid the Arsenal job for now. It might just be too early.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Whoever the new coach is, the structure for success is not there at all.
This can only lead to disappointment, the fans will not call for the coaches head but the board.......and Kroneke will be forced out just like wenger..
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:When I see the black man kill themselves over these clubs you either laugh or cry. The case of Viera is as pathetic as they come....no need to say anything again. What does Arteta have over Viera? If Viera was white....his name would be number one on that list,not the insult they heaped at him with that token gesture uses more as a bait than anything else.
I completely disagree. Like you, I am a huge fan of Patrick, but this has nothing to do with race. As much as I am disappointed for Patrick if he is not chosen, I actually think the relationship will not work out. I cannot see Patrick making the sort of compromises needed to be the next Arsenal Coach.

Patrick will be at loggerheads in no time with the Board. Wenger made ridiculous compromises and worked miracles, I said this here time and time. Members of the Board in their tributes to the man have confirmed this.

Vieira will not have the sense of responsibility and loyalty Wenger had because of the stadium project, even if he is an Arsenal legend. He will make demands, like he did as a player, it will lead to an acrimonious parting of ways.

If Arsenal want to spend money and give Vieira an input into players and be more than just a coach. Then I will say get Patrick. But if they want a Coach to just get on with what he has been given, with very little input in players coming in or going out, then I wonder if it will work.

For me, I hear a lot of clubs in France want him. I think he should avoid the Arsenal job for now. It might just be too early.
And you know all of this because.....I read this and i weep even the more. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

And you know all of this because.....I read this and i weep even the more. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I have given my opinion. I could of course be wrong.

Some of you wanted Wenger gone cos you had/wanted/wished for your preference to be the next man. It does not work that way. This is not about emotion, this must be about cold, hard, decision making on the basis of your set criteria.

The idea that Vieira, the only Black man, who has been approached and spoken to in the list of candidates, if not chosen as the next Coach for the club, is down to his race is just wrong.

I do not know what Arsenal's criteria is cos I am not a part of the recruitment team. But, from rumours about how the club is moving forward, plus what Galzidis said himself, you can form an opinion.

I say Arsenal have 2 choices, they decide they want to spend money or they continue doing it on the cheap. Despite Europa League, the club signed bumper sponsorship deals generating almost £140m per annum. I and others who analyse the accounts concluded, we have £50m without the sponsorship money. This is why the papers were saying Arsenal have £200m to spend only a few weeks ago.

If the club want to spend £150m on a new top Manager like Allegri and players, they can easily afford it. But will they? I told everyone here weeks ago, I bet they will not and it is looking like they are not going to invest like we all wanted.

If the Arteta rumours are true, it is clear they are wanting to do this on the cheap. Arteta will not be a Manager or even a top Coach to make demands on spending and players he wants and expects them delivered. Arteta might get one or two minor demands but he will not, and cannot dictate to the Board like any top Coach will do.

Besides you do not get a top Coach with a basic pay (excluding bonuses) of £5m to £6m, then you compromise him with players transfers. Top money Coach comes with top money players.

I give my opinion on the fact that Patrick wants to win, as a player, he demanded he won from the Board to his team mates. If the club wants a 'Yes' or 'Committee' man, I think Vieira is best out of it. Vieira will not want to settle for top 4, especially when he knows the money is there to do better. I rather he does not get involved now, he should give himself the chance to do it in more favourable circumstances to him in future. But then, I could be wrong in my opinion.