Simy and Junior Need Minutes and Prayers.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Simy and Junior Need Minutes and Prayers.....

Post by Enugu II »

It is quite clear that 21 of the invited 30 players are already on Rohr's final list to Russia. The nine left are the likes of Dele Ajiboye, Stephen Eze, Ola Aina, Elderson Echiejile, Uche Agbo, Mikel Agu, John Ogu, Simy Nwankwo, and Junior Lokosa. It is among those that the final cut of seven players will come.
No matter how this camp goes, it is certain that one notable player will be cut. Veterans Echiejile and John Ogu may face the cut but both of them can also be safe. How? First, they both can be safe if Rohr decides that Ola Aina, a relatively new member of the team, stays home in favor of Echiejile and if Rohr saves Ogu's blushes by considering Ahmed Musa as the third option at the most advanced forward position which in turn opens up a midfield spot for Ogu.
The details of the analysis can be found by clicking on the link below:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/05/j ... s-and.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simy and Junior Need Minutes and Prayers.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:
It is quite clear that 21 of the invited 30 players are already on Rohr's final list to Russia. The nine left are the likes of Dele Ajiboye, Stephen Eze, Ola Aina, Elderson Echiejile, Uche Agbo, Mikel Agu, John Ogu, Simy Nwankwo, and Junior Lokosa. It is among those that the final cut of seven players will come.
No matter how this camp goes, it is certain that one notable player will be cut. Veterans Echiejile and John Ogu may face the cut but both of them can also be safe. How? First, they both can be safe if Rohr decides that Ola Aina, a relatively new member of the team, stays home in favor of Echiejile and if Rohr saves Ogu's blushes by considering Ahmed Musa as the third option at the most advanced forward position which in turn opens up a midfield spot for Ogu.

Abeg carry go! We don't need prayers in football anymore since we have competent hands in charge. Besides, the Prayer request line from Nigeria so long that GOD can't answer football prayers by the time the WC rolls around. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

In Rohr we trust. I remember when we were pitched in the Group of Death qualifiers against 3 african giants; Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia. Rohr made qualification smooth while other teams cursed their luck. Rohr did it then and Rohr will do it again. :thumb: :thumb:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Abeg carry go! We don't need prayers in football anymore since we have competent hands in charge. Besides, the Prayer request line from Nigeria so long that GOD can't answer football prayers by the time the WC rolls around. :thumb:
We know you've substituted prayers with uncontrollable shaking. I'm interested to know what "consulting ifa" is called?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

EnuguII, Spot on! You've got it right regarding the players on the cusp and largely so on the ones already confirmed. But, do you think Awaziem is safe? He played well on the right side in the 3-5-2 formation used by Rohr against Argentina.Hoever, as a center back against South Africa and Serbia, he struggled significantly.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Enugu II wrote:

Really??????? Ogu just won the isreal league and Agu has never really done anything and you bring up John Ogu name? Ogu will shame most of you guys who don't seem to access quality attributes when they see one.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mikel Agu has no business going to Russia.

He is not even good enough to start in midfield at his modest club. In fact Shehu our RB starts IN MIDFIELD over Agu.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Akpeyi is going as the third keeper
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong wrote:EnuguII, Spot on! You've got it right regarding the players on the cusp and largely so on the ones already confirmed. But, do you think Awaziem is safe? He played well on the right side in the 3-5-2 formation used by Rohr against Argentina.Hoever, as a center back against South Africa and Serbia, he struggled significantly.
Obong,

I think he is ahead of Omeruo going by Rohr's decisions in previous games. Thus, I think Awaziem is in. I also think Omeruo makes it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

osita wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Really??????? Ogu just won the isreal league and Agu has never really done anything and you bring up John Ogu name? Ogu will shame most of you guys who don't seem to access quality attributes when they see one.
Osita,

I actually do not disagree. Read my take on the issue. I believe Ogu is ahead of Agu.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

But even then, we already know the five that are on the list of certain cuts. Those five are Dele Ajiboye, Stephen Eze, Uche Agbo, Mikel Agu, and Junior Lokosa.
If these cuts are so certain, why did he bother with a 30 man squad? He had the option of taking 35 but only chose 30. He could have easily taken 25-27 players and trimmed to the required 23. It may not be so certain that these players dont have a legit shot at a spot on the final squad.

I agree re Ajiboye, but i think a lil window has opened up for him depending on where Ezenwa is re his recent injury.
Lokosa is currently scoring at a pace in Nigeria's league where he is on the verge of obliterating the current Nigerian league scoring record. It is at a scorching pace. Those who have watched him closely vouch for his hold up ability and predatory instincts but they also point to a poor first touch. That weakness can be quite haunting, especially at the World Cup level.
Ive never seen Lokosa play, but if Kelechi can be excused, this should not be held against Lokosa if he brings much more to the table.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:
Obong wrote:EnuguII, Spot on! You've got it right regarding the players on the cusp and largely so on the ones already confirmed. But, do you think Awaziem is safe? He played well on the right side in the 3-5-2 formation used by Rohr against Argentina.Hoever, as a center back against South Africa and Serbia, he struggled significantly.
Obong,

I think he is ahead of Omeruo going by Rohr's decisions in previous games. Thus, I think Awaziem is in. I also think Omeruo makes it.
Awaziem is a weak link. Omeruo's is not much better, but I'd give him the edge. Watched the last 3 friendlies multiple times now, and I'd be pretty nervous is Awaziem is on the field. He makes a series of small errors that weaken a defense. I'll say again...if Leon or Troost are unhealthy, my first choice would be for Ndidi to step in back there. After that, Omeruo...
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Obong,

Awaziem is a weak link. Omeruo's is not much better, but I'd give him the edge. Watched the last 3 friendlies multiple times now, and I'd be pretty nervous is Awaziem is on the field. He makes a series of small errors that weaken a defense. I'll say again...if Leon or Troost are unhealthy, my first choice would be for Ndidi to step in back there. After that, Omeruo...
I saw Awaziem live at Barnett, he was solid.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Obong,

I saw Awaziem live at Barnett, he was solid.
One man's solid, another man's grass curra.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:
But even then, we already know the five that are on the list of certain cuts. Those five are Dele Ajiboye, Stephen Eze, Uche Agbo, Mikel Agu, and Junior Lokosa.
If these cuts are so certain, why did he bother with a 30 man squad? He had the option of taking 35 but only chose 30. He could have easily taken 25-27 players and trimmed to the required 23. It may not be so certain that these players dont have a legit shot at a spot on the final squad.

I agree re Ajiboye, but i think a lil window has opened up for him depending on where Ezenwa is re his recent injury.
Lokosa is currently scoring at a pace in Nigeria's league where he is on the verge of obliterating the current Nigerian league scoring record. It is at a scorching pace. Those who have watched him closely vouch for his hold up ability and predatory instincts but they also point to a poor first touch. That weakness can be quite haunting, especially at the World Cup level.

Ive never seen Lokosa play, but if Kelechi can be excused, this should not be held against Lokosa if he brings much more to the table.
Actually it isn't that surprising. Do you remember in 2010 when Lagerback named such a squad and then cut down without a minute of practice. Furthermore, why name the squad when you do not control injuries? For me, knowing your squad of 23 should not preclude naming even 35 guys.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

4 years from now, no one will ask how Simy Nwankwo (the flavour of the moment) got on the team...

Four years ago when Nwofor and Uchebo scored goals during friendlies leading to the world cup and ended up making the team, it was egunje.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:4 years from now, no one will ask how Simy Nwankwo (the flavour of the moment) got on the team...

Four years ago when Nwofor and Uchebo scored goals during friendlies leading to the world cup and ended up making the team, it was egunje.

:lol: Dis post is premature. You should have at least waited till he makes the final 23 preferably at the expense of someone who has been a Rohr regular.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:4 years from now, no one will ask how Simy Nwankwo (the flavour of the moment) got on the team...

:lol: Dis post is premature. You should have at least waited till he makes the final 23 preferably at the expense of someone who has been a Rohr regular.
:D Even the invite is suspect... there are more deserving people.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Actually it isn't that surprising. Do you remember in 2010 when Lagerback named such a squad and then cut down without a minute of practice. Furthermore, why name the squad when you do not control injuries? For me, knowing your squad of 23 should not preclude naming even 35 guys.

They did practice and the team played two friendlies before they were cut. We played Saudi Arabia and Colombia before he cut his 30 man provisional squad down to 23. The likes of Ike Uche, Anichebe and Suswan who were eventually dropped played in at least one of those games. I even think Peter Utaka played sef. It was someone like Apam that was cut without playing as he was injured.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote:
osita wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Osita,

I actually do not disagree. Read my take on the issue. I believe Ogu is ahead of Agu.
Agu, Ogu, Egu. Have we had an Igu and/or Ugu play for the SE? :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

We know you've substituted prayers with uncontrollable shaking. I'm interested to know what "consulting ifa" is called?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Enugu II wrote:

:thumb: :thumb:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

osita wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Playing in the Israeli league may work against Ogu as it is the weakest league of all the invited players. Also the fitness of Joel Obi could determine his fate.
I am happy