SIMMY NWAKWO!!! THE REAL DEAL!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EagleEye
Egg
Egg
SIMMY NWAKWO!!! THE REAL DEAL!

Post by EagleEye »

This guy is got the lot, he's got to go to the WORLD CUP:

1. POWER AND CALMNESS
2. PRECISION
3. VERY TALL ABOUT 7FT - SCORED GOOD HEADERS EFFORTLESSLY
4. VERY BRAVE
5. HOT SHOT
6. FOXY AROUND THE BOX - GREAT SRIKER TRAIT. ........ect....
7. CHECK HIM OUT....

https://youtu.be/5qycss-c-pM
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SIMMY NWAKWO!!! THE REAL DEAL!

Post by ohenhen1 »

Temper down on the hyping. I hope he is the real deal. Looking forward to seeing him play. I hear camping will start on May 18. The first friendly is on May 22. Then rest period until May 27. I hope he plays against Athletico Madrid.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

He looks a very decent player. For a guy of his size, his predatory movement in the 6 yard box is quite impressive. He suits the Rohr style and formation of play, (not too flamboyant and very efficient).

Let's see how he performs in the game against England. Good secret weapon to have in the locker.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Siddon dey look.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

ohenhen1 wrote:Temper down on the hyping. I hope he is the real deal. Looking forward to seeing him play. I hear camping will start on May 18. The first friendly is on May 22. Then rest period until May 27. I hope he plays against Athletico Madrid.
It's important to see how he performs in the GWG. If he hits the ground running, then his prospects will be very bright.

Interestingly, he is in the mold of Tammy Abraham but a much better prospect..With Swansea relegated and no WC footie, I wonder what he is thinking about now?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I will be very surprised if Simy Nwankwo does not go to Russia. Gernot Rohr comes from a country that features strikers like Mario Gomez (6ft 2in or 1.89m) and Thomas Muller (6ft 1in or 1.86m), not to talk of the Hummels and Boatengs at the back. Therefore, Simy Nwankwo (at 6ft 4in or 1.98m) is a blessing. We know what Ighalo can do, so Rohr must let us see what Simy can do in the friendlies.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

He is good at holding the ball up but is not mobile or nimble enough in my opinion. He is like the raw Rashidi Yekini that we saw at the 1984 Cup of Nations in Ivory Coast.

Hopefully, he will get there with time but he is behind Ighalo in the pecking order for now. he still needs to add finesse to his game.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Temper down on the hyping. I hope he is the real deal. Looking forward to seeing him play. I hear camping will start on May 18. The first friendly is on May 22. Then rest period until May 27. I hope he plays against Athletico Madrid.
It's important to see how he performs in the GWG. If he hits the ground running, then his prospects will be very bright.

Interestingly, he is in the mold of Tammy Abraham but a much better prospect..With Swansea relegated and no WC footie, I wonder what he is thinking about now?

Tammy Abraham was never going to play for Nigeria. He made it clear he feels English and that is where his heart lies. You cannot feature for a country you do not "feel."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Tammy Abraham was never going to play for Nigeria. He made it clear he feels English and that is where his heart lies. You cannot feature for a country you do not "feel."
It's knowing you had an opportunity and turned your back on it.... regardless of whether the 3 lions was his first choice or not, it will still cross his mind as he watches the WC on tv.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

There is a very good chance this guy will make the final 23 going to Russia and could take Mrs Ighalo’s starting spot.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Convert him to a center back to backup Balogun in case of injury. If he wants to score so badly he can come up during corner kicks and look for free headers. That height is too much to waste at CF. :mrgreen:

Na joke I dey joke o! Just watched the video. The guy is a natural striker, with split second predatory instincts. He will make the 23 man list.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Flex Swift wrote:There is a very good chance this guy will make the final 23 going to Russia and could take Mrs Ighalo’s starting spot.
Without a single cap!! :blink:
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

He is everything Shola Ameobi was not, a big man that scorers intelligent goals. He is not the finished product but this dude is a PREDATOR. No he is not Bart Man Ogbeche, Ameobi or Uchebo. Simy is the big, tall, back up center forward we need
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Tammy (If he changes his mind), Jololo (when fit) can all audition for the role in September. We don't need anymore short strikers unless they are Milla or Martins like. Fast or cunning respectively.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Una don come oh, na so una shout Uchebo, come bomard us with youtube displaying his Kanusque look , come Brasil now , we did not see anything. Please i beg you guys in the name of God, not this WC, let us enjoy this one in peace without overhyping anyone.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Mr Shows wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:There is a very good chance this guy will make the final 23 going to Russia and could take Mrs Ighalo’s starting spot.
Without a single cap!! :blink:
Doesnt it worry you that the last goal scored by Mrs Ighalo for Nigeria was in the first leg against Cameroon? Our coach knows the Centre forward position is an area of weakness..... to address this issue he has brought in two new strikers who appear to be in good form. If both are able to convince the coach they are good enough it would be curtains for Mrs.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Cellular wrote:Siddon dey look.
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kako wrote:
Cellular wrote:Siddon dey look.
:lol:

best course of action. He looks good, but we have seen players look good on clips before.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

you guys should allow my client, Simmy Nwankwo "Kanu" to develop in peace,
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

oloye wrote:Una don come oh, na so una shout Uchebo, come bomard us with youtube displaying his Kanusque look , come Brasil now , we did not see anything. Please i beg you guys in the name of God, not this WC, let us enjoy this one in peace without overhyping anyone.
Chief please the difference is clear! everyone knew Uchebo, Sola, Nwofor were wastepipes and had no business being in the team. The selection process for 2014 was not transparent. 2014 team came out of nowhere.

Simy’s progress has been monitored & public opinion were hoping Simy made the list to see if he could address a real area of weakness in the current squad because we all know the last time Mrs scored last. No body is getting carried away we only hope he is good enough.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I dont think he fits Nigeria system. But maybe if we want to play more direct in the 2nd half he will be useful. He will have to outplay players in training and in the next couple of games. It will be difficult but not impossible to make the world cup squad.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

oloye wrote:Una don come oh, na so una shout Uchebo, come bomard us with youtube displaying his Kanusque look , come Brasil now , we did not see anything. Please i beg you guys in the name of God, not this WC, let us enjoy this one in peace without overhyping anyone.

He's a good player and no matter how he's hyped, he's behind Odion Ighalo and Kelechi Ihenacho in the pecking order. I personally thought that it was between Simmy, Sadiq Umar and Kayode Olarenwaju for that final striker and Rohr has opted for Simmy.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Convert him to a center back to backup Balogun in case of injury. If he wants to score so badly he can come up during corner kicks and look for free headers. That height is too much to waste at CF. :mrgreen:

Na joke I dey joke o! Just watched the video. The guy is a natural striker, with split second predatory instincts. He will make the 23 man list.
He actually helps his team to defend corners and free-kicks because he is very good in the air.
I am happy