SuperEagles best lineup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
SuperEagles best lineup...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

... based on the announced squad (4-4-2)

Ezenwa
Shehu Balogun Ekong Echiejile
Moses Mikel Ndidi Iwobi
Musa Nacho

Note that if I’d had my way, Ambrose would be at right back instead of Shehu :!:

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SuperEagles best lineup...

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iheanacho, Ighalo, V Moses
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
I love this one, but for me it is either Iheanacho or Ighalo, never both at the same time. Bring in Iwobi, the combination of Moses, Mikel and Iwobi would trouble any team!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:... based on the announced squad (4-4-2)

Ezenwa
Ebuehi Balogun Ekong Echiejile
Moses Mikel Ndidi Iwobi
Ighalo Nacho

Note that if I’d had my way, Ambrose would be at right back instead of Shehu :!:

Cheers.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I realized after watching the games that Shehu isn't fast. A quick winger with some wit will take advantage of Shehu. Watch the Poland game and you will see what I mean
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote:I realized after watching the games that Shehu isn't fast. A quick winger with some wit will take advantage of Shehu. Watch the Poland game and you will see what I mean
He is pretty fast o (faster than Ebuehi thats for sure), he got beat for pace once but it was because he reacted slowly and so had to foul the attacker, the rest of the time he matched them for pace and beat them to the ball. He's just not a natural RB though which is where Ebuehi has an advantage over him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:I realized after watching the games that Shehu isn't fast. A quick winger with some wit will take advantage of Shehu. Watch the Poland game and you will see what I mean
He is pretty fast o (faster than Ebuehi thats for sure), he got beat for pace once but it was because he reacted slowly and so had to foul the attacker, the rest of the time he matched them for pace and beat them to the ball. He's just not a natural RB though which is where Ebuehi has an advantage over him.

Shehu isn't faster than Ebuehi. Not even close!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ezenwa
Moses Mikel Ndidi Iwobi
Musa Nacho

Cheers.
This lineup is missing an arrowhead striker. Musa does not hold the ball upfront and Nacho prefers playing off the main striker. I have this niggly feeling that Simy Nwankwo is going to crash into that first 11 in the coming weeks.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

I don’t know about all that but Ambrose is by far the best of all our right sided defenders. He can break up attacks better than Shehu or anyone else and that’s why I’ve been advocating his inclusion :!:

Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Goldleaf wrote:

Ezenwa
Moses Mikel Ndidi Iwobi
Musa Nacho

Cheers.
This lineup is missing an arrowhead striker. Musa does not hold the ball upfront and Nacho prefers playing off the main striker. I have this niggly feeling that Simy Nwankwo is going to crash into that first 11 in the coming weeks.

you almost need that in this team, something new and different
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
I don’t know about all that but Ambrose is by far the best of all our right sided defenders. He can break up attacks better than Shehu or anyone else and that’s why I’ve been advocating his inclusion :!:

Cheers.
Argentina ate us for lunch through his wing in 2014. His time has come and gone.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Completely disagree, he is definitely faster than the Ebuehi i've seen play for SE.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

MYMIND wrote:

Cheers.
Argentina ate us for lunch through his wing in 2014. His time has come and gone.
Go watch the game and stop talking nonsense. Ambrose was the only one who even tried to react to Messi’s volley for the first goal :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

MYMIND wrote:

Cheers.

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

I have not watchd a single Naija game since Keshi couldn't qualify us for Nation's cup (almost five years now). What am I saying? Well, any team that has Mikel Obi as the starting midfielder is definitely not a serious team.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Nevertheless Ebuehi seems to have better positional awareness which kinda makes the argument moot.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theYemster wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Nevertheless Ebuehi seems to have better positional awareness which kinda makes the argument moot.
I agree there, Ebuehi is the more natural RB with better positional awareness. I wouldn't mind either one getting the nod.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

oloye wrote:
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
I love this one, but for me it is either Iheanacho or Ighalo, never both at the same time. Bring in Iwobi, the combination of Moses, Mikel and Iwobi would trouble any team!
+1. Whilst I love Onazi's hustle, if I go by what we witnessed in the last firendly, which was more of a guy struggling for fitness, I will start Ogu in midfield. Let me say here for the sake of disclosure, I am a strong believer in Ogu. I really rate this player and I hope he will get playing time and shine. This is his last chance on the big stage.
To stop trying is to start dying
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Shownoja wrote:
oloye wrote:
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
+1. Whilst I love Onazi's hustle, if I go by what we witnessed in the last firendly, which was more of a guy struggling for fitness, I will start Ogu in midfield. Let me say here for the sake of disclosure, I am a strong believer in Ogu. I really rate this player and I hope he will get playing time and shine. This is his last chance on the big stage.
Onazi that was thanking Rohr for sending a fitness coach to work with him (See here) should be much fitter than what we saw there. If not, he better be far away from the starting lineup.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kolinzo wrote:I have not watchd a single Naija game since Keshi couldn't qualify us for Nation's cup (almost five years now). What am I saying? Well, any team that has Mikel Obi as the starting midfielder is definitely not a serious team.

Mikel Obi is actually playing well. He is no longer the sideways passing player you saw at Chelsea.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Onazi is regaining his full fitness. The next couple of friendlies will test his fitness.

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

With the inclusion of Joel Obi, Onazi will head to the bench. The starting midfield will likely be Ndidi- Joel Obi- Mikel.Onazi, though bullish, has lost some luster since going to Turkey. His last few games for the team have been ho-hum, and he has mostly been an errant passer of the ball. Joel's quality shone through in practices and the Poland match.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

The 4-4-2 is a great formation but will NEVER work for Nigeria as long as Mikel is playing. Naija cannot afford to play with one holding midfielder. It just won't work and has never worked. When kanu and Okocha were in front of Oliseh, their possession along with Amunike and Finidi even up till 2000, helped. The defense was always vulnerable on the world stage.

Secondly, the team does not need two central strikers. Statistically, we have done better with a lone striker and more beef in the center at the Mundial.

The last option is to play three at the back and two up front and keep two wide midfielders and two holders. If Moses and Iwobi or Simon are your wide forwards/midfielders, you only need Ighalo up front. Possession is more important than chances and counter attacks are not started in the attack. :)