Croatian midfield this, Croatian midfield that

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Croatian midfield this, Croatian midfield that

Post by nzeogwu »

The way some people describe Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic aka the Croatian midfield trio you would think that they were the second coming.

These three have 233 caps between them and have scored 27 goals. WTF!! Collectively, 19 assists for Croatia.

Name, Caps, Goals
Kovacic, 39, 1
Rakitic 90, 14
Modric, 104, 12

We are unfortunate/fortunate not be My previous prediction of 3-1 has now been upped to 4-1 in favor of Nigeria.

And by the way, Mandzukic??? Are you guys kidding me. The man is like 50 years old and managed 7 goals all year.

Abeg go siddon.

Now, I am predicting the aggressive forecast that the Super Eagles don't just top the group but collect ALL the points.

Start the abusing immediately.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Croatian midfield this, Croatian midfield that

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ok o!
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Look at this MUMU. 27 goals between 3 midfielders? How many has Mikel, Onazi, and ndidi scored for us within the same period? Less than 10. Do you think it’s easy playing for the best 2 teams in the world and even starting?? We shouldn’t overhype Croatia or think they’re unbeatable but we have to give them their due respect. They obviously have better players than us but we can BEAT them
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:Look at this MUMU. 27 goals between 3 midfielders? How many has Mikel, Onazi, and ndidi scored for us within the same period? Less than 10. Do you think it’s easy playing for the best 2 teams in the world and even starting?? We shouldn’t overhype Croatia or think they’re unbeatable but we have to give them their due respect. They obviously have better players than us but we can BEAT them
I reject the idea that they have better players than us. They have players in better clubs than us. That is a fact.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Look at this MUMU. 27 goals between 3 midfielders? How many has Mikel, Onazi, and ndidi scored for us within the same period? Less than 10. Do you think it’s easy playing for the best 2 teams in the world and even starting?? We shouldn’t overhype Croatia or think they’re unbeatable but we have to give them their due respect. They obviously have better players than us but we can BEAT them
I was about to say, what kind of one sided analysis is this? What about OUR midfield, how many have they scored, how many have they assisted? They are better than us on paper, but on green grass we will see, but no point trying to down play their class.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nzeogwu wrote:The way some people describe Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic aka the Croatian midfield trio you would think that they were the second coming.

These three have 233 caps between them and have scored 27 goals. WTF!! Collectively, 19 assists for Croatia.

Name, Caps, Goals
Kovacic, 39, 1
Rakitic 90, 14
Modric, 104, 12

We are unfortunate/fortunate not be My previous prediction of 3-1 has now been upped to 4-1 in favor of Nigeria.

And by the way, Mandzukic??? Are you guys kidding me. The man is like 50 years old and managed 7 goals all year.

Abeg go siddon.

Now, I am predicting the aggressive forecast that the Super Eagles don't just top the group but collect ALL the points.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have any number of goals to mention or predict, but we WILL BEAT Croatia - that's all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

nzeogwu wrote:The way some people describe Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic aka the Croatian midfield trio you would think that they were the second coming.

Name, Caps, Goals
Kovacic, 39, 1
Rakitic 90, 14
Modric, 104, 12

Abeg go siddon.

We will need fans like you in Russia.
Neutral watchers will never underate Rakitic and Modric.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Highbury you might reject that ideas but it’s still fact. We can also take solace to the fact that prior to us playing Algeria at calabar, Algeria had better in form players at that period but we still won that game. Croatia has better players but we can beat them
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If Nigerians were whales, mouth would be 95% of our body mass.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:If Nigerians were whales, mouth would be 95% of our body mass.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bros, na wetin you mean? :tic: :tic: Make you no let dem cach you-oo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Bookmarked..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sometimes the threads are based on emotions,you state facts that are impressive but than say Nigeria will top the group (which is possible),I was expecting you to also give us the facts on Nigeria’s midfield to justify your notion!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed May 16, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

No need for facts on Nigeria's midfield. Croatia has scored almost all those goals in ten years. At the rate of 2.7 goals per year from one youngster, one overrated schemer and one middle aged short visionary, I fancy our chances. Unless they have three feet or two heads, I'm not impressed and have little or no respect for a team that cannot even get out of the group stages.

If anything, they should be very scared that this will be their last Mundial and for some like Mandzukic that he never made it to the second round.

I love this site:)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Name, Caps, Goals
Kovacic, 39, 1
Rakitic 90, 14
Modric, 104, 12

Abeg go siddon.

you aren't making any sense at all.. e go do you like film trick.. wetin Serbia show una go soon bring una back to earth smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

nzeogwu wrote:No need for facts on Nigeria's midfield. Croatia has scored almost all those goals in ten years. At the rate of 2.7 goals per year from one youngster, one overrated schemer and one middle aged short visionary, I fancy our chances. Unless they have three feet or two heads, I'm not impressed and have little or no respect for a team that cannot even get out of the group stages.

If anything, they should be very scared that this will be their last Mundial and for some like Mandzukic that he never made it to the second round.

I love this site:)

You do understand that the mf don’t have to score for them to beat us I hope.
OCCUPY NFF!!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Off course now. Mark my words, two of our goalscorers will be midfielders. I include the following players in our midfield:

Iwobi
Moses
Mikel
Onazi
J. Obi
Mikel
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Similar to what was said on this side when Ghana was to face Serbia at the world cup.....

Naija go damage Croatia 4-0
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Croatia midfield is trouble. All we can do is pray they have a bad day.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Komani wrote:Croatia midfield is trouble. All we can do is pray they have a bad day.
On his day, Mario Mandzukic is a beast!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

highbury wrote:
I reject the idea that they have better players than us. They have players in better clubs than us. That is a fact.
and why do U think they are at better clubs? :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
I was about to say, what kind of one sided analysis is this? What about OUR midfield, how many have they scored, how many have they assisted? They are better than us on paper, but on green grass we will see, but no point trying to down play their class.
John12 and maceo4 are like a bunch of juveniles who know nothing but insist otherwise. You criticize someone’s opinion without bothering to offer any meaningful analysis of your own so, let me help you out. I have looked at 4 of our midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation because I think that’s the formation that takes the most advantage of our qualities and the players I’ve chosen are arguably the best we have for that formation. Mikel, Ndidi, Moses and Iwobi between them have 142 caps and 21 goals while the Croatians have 233 and 27. By the time our midfielders achieve 233 caps between them, they would have tallied close to 40 goals. So, on what basis do you insist that Croatia has better players than Nigeria? My advice to you 2 is to leave football discussions to more knowledgeable people :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Moses and Iwobi are our central midfielders lol keep it going...some people aren’t even worth the effort...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Central midfield isn’t the only midfield position. If you want to look at our midfield then look at the collective midfield. It is not surprising to me that after I exposed your ignorance, you try to shift the goalpost. When was this ever just a discussion about central midfielders :?: :!:

Cheers.