The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:When I see the black man kill themselves over these clubs you either laugh or cry. The case of Viera is as pathetic as they come....no need to say anything again. What does Arteta have over Viera? If Viera was white....his name would be number one on that list,not the insult they heaped at him with that token gesture uses more as a bait than anything else.
I completely disagree. Like you, I am a huge fan of Patrick, but this has nothing to do with race. As much as I am disappointed for Patrick if he is not chosen, I actually think the relationship will not work out. I cannot see Patrick making the sort of compromises needed to be the next Arsenal Coach.

Patrick will be at loggerheads in no time with the Board. Wenger made ridiculous compromises and worked miracles, I said this here time and time. Members of the Board in their tributes to the man have confirmed this.

Vieira will not have the sense of responsibility and loyalty Wenger had because of the stadium project, even if he is an Arsenal legend. He will make demands, like he did as a player, it will lead to an acrimonious parting of ways.

If Arsenal want to spend money and give Vieira an input into players and be more than just a coach. Then I will say get Patrick. But if they want a Coach to just get on with what he has been given, with very little input in players coming in or going out, then I wonder if it will work.

For me, I hear a lot of clubs in France want him. I think he should avoid the Arsenal job for now. It might just be too early.
And you know all of this because.....I read this and i weep even the more. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I have given my opinion. I could of course be wrong.

Some of you wanted Wenger gone cos you had/wanted/wished for your preference to be the next man. It does not work that way. This is not about emotion, this must be about cold, hard, decision making on the basis of your set criteria.

The idea that Vieira, the only Black man, who has been approached and spoken to in the list of candidates, if not chosen as the next Coach for the club, is down to his race is just wrong.

I do not know what Arsenal's criteria is cos I am not a part of the recruitment team. But, from rumours about how the club is moving forward, plus what Galzidis said himself, you can form an opinion.

I say Arsenal have 2 choices, they decide they want to spend money or they continue doing it on the cheap. Despite Europa League, the club signed bumper sponsorship deals generating almost £140m per annum. I and others who analyse the accounts concluded, we have £50m without the sponsorship money. This is why the papers were saying Arsenal have £200m to spend only a few weeks ago.

If the club want to spend £150m on a new top Manager like Allegri and players, they can easily afford it. But will they? I told everyone here weeks ago, I bet they will not and it is looking like they are not going to invest like we all wanted.

If the Arteta rumours are true, it is clear they are wanting to do this on the cheap. Arteta will not be a Manager or even a top Coach to make demands on spending and players he wants and expects them delivered. Arteta might get one or two minor demands but he will not, and cannot dictate to the Board like any top Coach will do.

Besides you do not get a top Coach with a basic pay (excluding bonuses) of £5m to £6m, then you compromise him with players transfers. Top money Coach comes with top money players.

I give my opinion on the fact that Patrick wants to win, as a player, he demanded he won from the Board to his team mates. If the club wants a 'Yes' or 'Committee' man, I think Vieira is best out of it. Vieira will not want to settle for top 4, especially when he knows the money is there to do better. I rather he does not get involved now, he should give himself the chance to do it in more favourable circumstances to him in future. But then, I could be wrong in my opinion.
Please stop throwing accusations around, if it makes you feel good you may continue. I don't have any preference can't be bothered. And if I have my way I would both Viera and Arteta are not fit to continue with Arsenal ,not with the big shoes being left behind.

I wanted Wenger gone simply because he cannot mix it with the new boys in town it is that simple. As poor as Europa is this year,he still could not hack it,something Jose did easily last season. That is why I want him out, but if it makes you feel good to throw the baseless accusations around I cannot help you with that.

Like I said you cannot tell me that Arteta is more Arsenal than Viera or even Campbell....unless in the planet where the truth is hidden behind the colour of the applicants. What has Arteta done to be touted above Viera? And you come here trying to disparage him saying he won't tow the line....if not because you be my PADI I would have tabbed you for spurting that nonsense.

A man who captained your club for how many seasons suddenly would not understand the tradition of his club, is he causing confusion in the club where he is now?

If this nonsense was done by another club you won't be singing this kind of chorus!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:When I see the black man kill themselves over these clubs you either laugh or cry. The case of Viera is as pathetic as they come....no need to say anything again. What does Arteta have over Viera? If Viera was white....his name would be number one on that list,not the insult they heaped at him with that token gesture uses more as a bait than anything else.
I completely disagree. Like you, I am a huge fan of Patrick, but this has nothing to do with race. As much as I am disappointed for Patrick if he is not chosen, I actually think the relationship will not work out. I cannot see Patrick making the sort of compromises needed to be the next Arsenal Coach.

Patrick will be at loggerheads in no time with the Board. Wenger made ridiculous compromises and worked miracles, I said this here time and time. Members of the Board in their tributes to the man have confirmed this.

Vieira will not have the sense of responsibility and loyalty Wenger had because of the stadium project, even if he is an Arsenal legend. He will make demands, like he did as a player, it will lead to an acrimonious parting of ways.

If Arsenal want to spend money and give Vieira an input into players and be more than just a coach. Then I will say get Patrick. But if they want a Coach to just get on with what he has been given, with very little input in players coming in or going out, then I wonder if it will work.

For me, I hear a lot of clubs in France want him. I think he should avoid the Arsenal job for now. It might just be too early.
And you know all of this because.....I read this and i weep even the more. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Some of you wanted Wenger gone cos you had/wanted/wished for your preference to be the next man. It does not work that way. This is not about emotion, this must be about cold, hard, decision making on the basis of your set criteria.

The idea that Vieira, the only Black man, who has been approached and spoken to in the list of candidates, if not chosen as the next Coach for the club, is down to his race is just wrong.

I do not know what Arsenal's criteria is cos I am not a part of the recruitment team. But, from rumours about how the club is moving forward, plus what Galzidis said himself, you can form an opinion.

I say Arsenal have 2 choices, they decide they want to spend money or they continue doing it on the cheap. Despite Europa League, the club signed bumper sponsorship deals generating almost £140m per annum. I and others who analyse the accounts concluded, we have £50m without the sponsorship money. This is why the papers were saying Arsenal have £200m to spend only a few weeks ago.

If the club want to spend £150m on a new top Manager like Allegri and players, they can easily afford it. But will they? I told everyone here weeks ago, I bet they will not and it is looking like they are not going to invest like we all wanted.

If the Arteta rumours are true, it is clear they are wanting to do this on the cheap. Arteta will not be a Manager or even a top Coach to make demands on spending and players he wants and expects them delivered. Arteta might get one or two minor demands but he will not, and cannot dictate to the Board like any top Coach will do.

Besides you do not get a top Coach with a basic pay (excluding bonuses) of £5m to £6m, then you compromise him with players transfers. Top money Coach comes with top money players.

I give my opinion on the fact that Patrick wants to win, as a player, he demanded he won from the Board to his team mates. If the club wants a 'Yes' or 'Committee' man, I think Vieira is best out of it. Vieira will not want to settle for top 4, especially when he knows the money is there to do better. I rather he does not get involved now, he should give himself the chance to do it in more favourable circumstances to him in future. But then, I could be wrong in my opinion.
Please stop throwing accusations around, if it makes you feel good you may continue. I don't have any preference can't be bothered. And if I have my way I would both Viera and Arteta are not fit to continue with Arsenal ,not with the big shoes being left behind.

I wanted Wenger gone simply because he cannot mix it with the new boys in town it is that simple. As poor as Europa is this year,he still could not hack it,something Jose did easily last season. That is why I want him out, but if it makes you feel good to throw the baseless accusations around I cannot help you with that.

Like I said you cannot tell me that Arteta is more Arsenal than Viera or even Campbell....unless in the planet where the truth is hidden behind the colour of the applicants. What has Arteta done to be touted above Viera? And you come here trying to disparage him saying he won't tow the line....if not because you be my PADI I would have tabbed you for spurting that nonsense.

A man who captained your club for how many seasons suddenly would not understand the tradition of his club, is he causing confusion in the club where he is now?

If this nonsense was done by another club you won't be singing this kind of chorus!
You accuse me of throwing accusations around, but you are doing the same. Nor be fight my brother. Nor vex. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget emotions or issues that has no factor on what makes a good Coach. Being more Arsenal than another has never been a quality that makes a top or successful Coach. Vieira or Sol being more Arsenal than Arteta is not a Coaching quality that gets anyone a job as a Coach of any top club.

This is not just about being Captain or understanding the traditions of club. This is about having the ability and other attributes it takes to be a success as the next Arsenal Coach under the new set up at the football club.

The fact is neither Arteta nor Vieira have done anything to warrant the job ahead of say Allegri. Does it mean their inexperience equates to failure? No it does not. I think it is difficult to predict how Arteta or Vieira would do. I think an established manager would give us a greater chance of success post Wenger but Arteta if he is the choice has the ability and he can surprise us. Vieira too.

Wenger and Pep have talked in glowing terms about Arteta's qualities as a Coach. But the people making this decision will know far more about him than you and I.

What you are really missing it the importance of continuity with what Wenger left behind. This is the key to Arteta or any choice of for new Coach at Arsenal.

Besides what Arteta could be capable of coaching wise, Arteta would instantly bring calmness to what could get chaotic post Wenger, but having someone who left just over 18 months ago helps. He has won trophies with the core of this team, he has knowledge and understands who is strong/weak mentally. He also knows the Youth players very well. He knows what motivates most players in the team, and his great relationship with Per who is now the Academy Manager would also continue where Wenger left off in terms of being aware of the players in the Academy and overall in the club. Also Per is clearly respected at the club, which in turn helps Arteta.

Arsenal have made plans post Wenger, from the outside looking in, I see Arteta as the man cos he is the best fit.

I repeat, race has nothing to do with this.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arteta is are coming. Rumours! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Arteta captained us to our first trophy in 9 years. He took a pay cut to join Arsenal, and helped see us through one of our most difficult periods on and off the field. Maybe he would do the same as head coach post Wenger.

He would not be my first choice, but to me, all indications are, he was always the man. If and when appointed he will have my wholehearted support.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You accuse me of throwing accusations around, but you are doing the same. Nor be fight my brother. Nor vex. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget emotions or issues that has no factor on what makes a good Coach. Being more Arsenal than another has never been a quality that makes a top or successful Coach. Vieira or Sol being more Arsenal than Arteta is not a Coaching quality that gets anyone a job as a Coach of any top club.

This is not just about being Captain or understanding the traditions of club. This is about having the ability and other attributes it takes to be a success as the next Arsenal Coach under the new set up at the football club.

The fact is neither Arteta nor Vieira have done anything to warrant the job ahead of say Allegri. Does it mean their inexperience equates to failure? No it does not. I think it is difficult to predict how Arteta or Vieira would do. I think an established manager would give us a greater chance of success post Wenger but Arteta if he is the choice has the ability and he can surprise us. Vieira too.

Wenger and Pep have talked in glowing terms about Arteta's qualities as a Coach. But the people making this decision will know far more about him than you and I.

What you are really missing it the importance of continuity with what Wenger left behind. This is the key to Arteta or any choice of for new Coach at Arsenal.

Besides what Arteta could be capable of coaching wise, Arteta would instantly bring calmness to what could get chaotic post Wenger, but having someone who left just over 18 months ago helps. He has won trophies with the core of this team, he has knowledge and understands who is strong/weak mentally. He also knows the Youth players very well. He knows what motivates most players in the team, and his great relationship with Per who is now the Academy Manager would also continue where Wenger left off in terms of being aware of the players in the Academy and overall in the club. Also Per is clearly respected at the club, which in turn helps Arteta.

Arsenal have made plans post Wenger, from the outside looking in, I see Arteta as the man cos he is the best fit.

I repeat, race has nothing to do with this.
It is not calmness that dressing room needs, rather it is a strong kick in the backside of lazy players.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote: It is not calmness that dressing room needs, rather it is a strong kick in the backside of lazy players.

Thank you. I thought Waffiman's consciousness will return back to his head from Warri after Wenger has been let go...I am sadly mistaken. He has found another hero/Wenger-lite in Arteta, even before his appointment.

Good Lord, we are in trouble on the CE from Waffi if Arteta is hired....we will already have another coach who can do no wrong. Waffi will bombard us with thesis upon thesis about how Arteta is smarter than Pep, Mourinho, Klopp and Conte combined :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

On the flip side, the board would have given extended life to Arsenal Fan Tv :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Viera o, Arteta o, both are NOT qualified to be Arsenal coach in my opinion. Arsenal needs a coach that has proven he can win the EPL because he has at least won something before as a Manager.

End of story!
Last edited by SylverEagles on Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I am OK with Arteta. He will be a good coach.

Some so called fans need to deal with it. You guys succeeded in chasing Wenger out, so deal with it.

Rafa Benitez is also a great shout like I have said before.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will rather take Benitez over Arteta. We need an experienced coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The mere fact that Arteta is in running should be a worrying sign that Gadziz doesn't know what he is doing. He should be the next one out the door.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote: It is not calmness that dressing room needs, rather it is a strong kick in the backside of lazy players.

Thank you. I thought Waffiman's consciousness will return back to his head from Warri after Wenger has been let go...I am sadly mistaken. He has found another hero/Wenger-lite in Arteta, even before his appointment.

Good Lord, we are in trouble on the CE from Waffi if Arteta is hired....we will already have another coach who can do no wrong. Waffi will bombard us with thesis upon thesis about how Arteta is smarter than Pep, Mourinho, Klopp and Conte combined :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

On the flip side, the board would have given extended life to Arsenal Fan Tv :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
All I have done is comment positively on the possibility of the rumoured next man.

You all wanted Wenger to go, he did not want to go, but fell on his sword for the sake of the club, especially cos he wanted unity back in the fan base.

They say be careful what you wish for, the Wenger outers have their wish, but they do not want Arteta. They want to pick the next man, but they are deluded. Those of us with Wenger, are glad to welcome the next man because we do not have any agenda. This is about Arsenal, we support who the club choses as the next.

I said here the fan base will be divided unless these Wenger out mob see the club spend stupid money. But it is not looking like their wish will happen, they are angry. I do not care about them and their feelings. They can follow all those leaving the club if they do not want to support the next man. We do not need these type of supporters.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:Arteta is are coming. Rumours! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Arteta captained us to our first trophy in 9 years. He took a pay cut to join Arsenal, and helped see us through one of our most difficult periods on and off the field. Maybe he would do the same as head coach post Wenger.

He would not be my first choice, but to me, all indications are, he was always the man. If and when appointed he will have my wholehearted support.

Yeah looks like I am not buying the jersey this year. What utter rubbish.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Yeah looks like I am not buying the jersey this year. What utter rubbish.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Na wa for us o..... Anyone who has watched Vierra , Sol and Arteta should know that they have VASTLY different personalities on and off the pitch.

Here are my trademarked definitions;

Kiss boss #$% but not players #$% - Arteta simple.

Kick boss and Players asses - Vierra

Kiss boss #$% kick players #$% - Sol/Nagelsmann/Buvac ...

So depending on what the bosses need /want --- there are your choices.

Be sure Arsenal not hiring Rafa ...

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Na joke I dey joke o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Na wa for us o..... Anyone who has watched Vierra , Sol and Arteta should know that they have VASTLY different personalities on and off the pitch.

I still think Buvac has a role at Arsenal.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

...either way the board are screwed......if they do not invest in the coach and team they will get a hammering, and this time it will be a united front, can't wait..... :)

on the flip side, if a coach comes in and is moderately successful then, that will give the board extra time....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Why you dey laugh my definitions :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ..I thought you would like the fact that Rafa no be am ..oya define ya own make i laugh too.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:...either way the board are screwed......if they do not invest in the coach and team they will get a hammering, and this time it will be a united front, can't wait..... :)

on the flip side, if a coach comes in and is moderately successful then, that will give the board extra time....
What is your definition of moderately successful?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Na wa for us o..... Anyone who has watched Vierra , Sol and Arteta should know that they have VASTLY different personalities on and off the pitch.

Haven’t we been warned to be careful how we used our towels, as we may end up drying up our faces with the end we just used to dry our derrieres? Siddonlook mode activated! :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

While Arteta is not my ideal choice,he'll have my support.Unless he shows very early and clearly that he has no idea what he is doing. Football is not that complicated.Its the most played game in the world. Arteta was a successful player.Not that that means it will translate in fantastic management. But if that is who the board chooses,i'll support him.

The failings in the Arsenal squad has been obvious for years.But our supposed sage and Professor left this gaping wound to grow and fester. Arteta may turn out to be a wonderful coach. Or he could be a dud.But the clear thing is that the the Board cannot hide behind Wenger anymore.The ultimate goal is to get Kroenke out and Usmanov in.If Arteta fails and acts as a catalyst towards that goal,it will not be a bad thing.If he turns out to be a gem and challenges for the league,then better.

But i will always give a guy a fair crack of the whip. But we our getting ahead of ourselves. Let the club announce the new manager first. :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:

Haven’t we been warned to be careful how we used our towels, as we may end up drying up our faces with the end we just used to dry our derrieres? Siddonlook mode activated! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

SylverEagles wrote:Viera o, Arteta o, both are NOT qualified to be Arsenal coach in my opinion. Arsenal needs a coach that has proven he can win the EPL because he has at least won something before as a Manager.

End of story!
Arsenal is NOT planning to win the EPL. So why will they need a coach capable of winning the EPL?

Arsenal fans are living in fantasy island.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Vieira is NOT the man because of what? Race indeed does not matter!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”