SuperEagles best lineup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SuperEagles best lineup...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

nzeogwu wrote:The 4-4-2 is a great formation but will NEVER work for Nigeria as long as Mikel is playing. Naija cannot afford to play with one holding midfielder. It just won't work and has never worked. When kanu and Okocha were in front of Oliseh, their possession along with Amunike and Finidi even up till 2000, helped. The defense was always vulnerable on the world stage.

Secondly, the team does not need two central strikers. Statistically, we have done better with a lone striker and more beef in the center at the Mundial.

The last option is to play three at the back and two up front and keep two wide midfielders and two holders. If Moses and Iwobi or Simon are your wide forwards/midfielders, you only need Ighalo up front. Possession is more important than chances and counter attacks are not started in the attack. :)
I never cease to be amazed by what I read on this forum. I would have thought that it would seem obvious to everyone that whenever things are working out for Nigeria in soccer, it is usually because of Mikel :idea: ... but what do I know :?: :!:

Cheers.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Without Mikel, Naija is pretty much done. That's why the formation must suit him.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:I realized after watching the games that Shehu isn't fast. A quick winger with some wit will take advantage of Shehu. Watch the Poland game and you will see what I mean
He is pretty fast o (faster than Ebuehi thats for sure), he got beat for pace once but it was because he reacted slowly and so had to foul the attacker, the rest of the time he matched them for pace and beat them to the ball. He's just not a natural RB though which is where Ebuehi has an advantage over him.

Shehu isn't faster than Ebuehi. Not even close!
Completely disagree, he is definitely faster than the Ebuehi i've seen play for SE.

You need to see an eye doctor.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Obong wrote:With the inclusion of Joel Obi, Onazi will head to the bench. The starting midfield will likely be Ndidi- Joel Obi- Mikel.Onazi, though bullish, has lost some luster since going to Turkey. His last few games for the team have been ho-hum, and he has mostly been an errant passer of the ball. Joel's quality shone through in practices and the Poland match.

Have you watched any of Onazi's games in Turkey to come to that conclusion?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:I realized after watching the games that Shehu isn't fast. A quick winger with some wit will take advantage of Shehu. Watch the Poland game and you will see what I mean
He is pretty fast o (faster than Ebuehi thats for sure), he got beat for pace once but it was because he reacted slowly and so had to foul the attacker, the rest of the time he matched them for pace and beat them to the ball. He's just not a natural RB though which is where Ebuehi has an advantage over him.

Completely disagree, he is definitely faster than the Ebuehi i've seen play for SE.

And which doctor do you need to see? Psych...? Can you prove he is faster? Not sure what the antagonism is about but I highly doubt you can prove your position so it’s just our opinion and so we can agree to disagree, well after you see the shrink first.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

And which doctor do you need to see? Psych...? Can you prove he is faster? Not sure what the antagonism is about but I highly doubt you can prove your position so it’s just our opinion and so we can agree to disagree, well after you see the shrink first.

What antagonism?

You have watched both Shehu and Ebuehi and doubled down on your assertion that Shehu is faster. The only way to come to that conclusion is if you are not seeing properly. So in the spirit of CE brotherhood I have suggested that you see an eye doctor.

What's antagonistic about that? Or am I no longer allowed to be my brother's keeper?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

What antagonism?

You have watched both Shehu and Ebuehi and doubled down on your assertion that Shehu is faster. The only way to come to that conclusion is if you are not seeing properly. So in the spirit of CE brotherhood I have suggested that you see an eye doctor.

What's antagonistic about that? Or am I no longer allowed to be my brother's keeper?
And in the same spirit of brotherly love I said you should kindly seek a shrink.

I watched all the so called fast players from the Cameroon winger from the last ANC to Mahrez go against Shehu and non burnt him for pace while Elderson on the other side was getting burnt anyhow. Ebuehi is not known as a speedster so I don’t know why it’s so outrageous a statement that I made.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Maceo

Not knocking Shehu or suggesting that he can't hold his own against pacy wingers. Just saying that Ebuehi is the faster player. For real, Ebuehi has got pace. I would have thought that was obvious. Surprised that you don't see it. It was obvious against Argentina. And if you've caught any number of his games in the Netherlands, it's obvious there as well. He's the fastest of our 5 fullbacks.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iheanacho, Ighalo, V Moses
I love this one, but for me it is either Iheanacho or Ighalo, never both at the same time. Bring in Iwobi, the combination of Moses, Mikel and Iwobi would trouble any team!
Iwobi will start barring injury.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:Maceo

Not knocking Shehu or suggesting that he can't hold his own against pacy wingers. Just saying that Ebuehi is the faster player. For real, Ebuehi has got pace. I would have thought that was obvious. Surprised that you don't see it. It was obvious against Argentina. And if you've caught any number of his games in the Netherlands, it's obvious there as well. He's the fastest of our 5 fullbacks.
You are probably right as I haven’t seen him much at club level but the few chances for SE he hasn’t had a real chance to really show it. I’ll rewatch the Argentina game to see.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:And in the same spirit of brotherly love I said you should kindly seek a shrink.

I watched all the so called fast players from the Cameroon winger from the last ANC to Mahrez go against Shehu and non burnt him for pace while Elderson on the other side was getting burnt anyhow. Ebuehi is not known as a speedster so I don’t know why it’s so outrageous a statement that I made.
I think maybe Echiejile stole your girlfriend or something. You never miss an opportunity, however inappropriate, to take a swipe at him :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:And in the same spirit of brotherly love I said you should kindly seek a shrink.

I think maybe Echiejile stole your girlfriend or something. You never miss an opportunity, however inappropriate, to take a swipe at him :!:

Cheers.
Go watch the last Zambia game and see how many times Agu had to cover for Echiejile who was burnt for pace by the Zambian winger. But he could not get past Shehu on the other side. Sorry if this observation inconveniences you, but its nothing personal.
Super Eagus 4 Life!