"Oloye, So 75% of the 30 man provisional list are Igbo"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: "Oloye, So 75% of the 30 man provisional list are Igbo"

Post by ANC »

dude it was for fun, not for serious debate, because I do not believe any ethnic group is better than the other.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Oloye, So 75% of the 30 man provisional list are Igbo

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:Moderators Lock the thread, Please. I didnt realize that there are so many egg heads on here. People are taking this topic way too serious
sorry, this thread is beyond you now. It has taken a life of its own. :bump:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude is a comic...
Started a useless thread and then followed it with an even more useless request. :D
He must own it.

The ignominy must live with him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ANC wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:Moderators Lock the thread, Please. I didnt realize that there are so many egg heads on here. People are taking this topic way too serious

Dude is a comic...
Started a useless thread and then followed it with an even more useless request. :D

:rotf: :rotf:

bros what do you expect, I underestimated the level of "tribalism" on CE.
In other words you never experrit :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cellular wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Dude is a comic...
He must own it.

The ignominy must live with him.

No o, its not my fault. People with the right IQ, understood the joke. :biggrin:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Robbynice wrote:
ANC wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Dude is a comic...

:rotf: :rotf:

bros what do you expect, I underestimated the level of "tribalism" on CE.
In other words you never experrit :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't know why u laugh, you didnt do your job. You Should have deleted the thread.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:13 igbo
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North
not sure bout Lokosa but sounds MIddle belt

NOt 75%.

I guess we can move on now
Only Shehu Abdullahi is a Northerner on that team... If you are counting Ahmed Musa, well he is ethically from the Northern part of Edo state, around Auchi if I'm not mistaken.
i also heard Musa was from Auchi but again, other sources say he is from Kano (abi na kaduna).

Hmm

Simon Moses is from the North
Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon born in Jos, but not an indigene.
oh yes. I remember. How can i forget the Simon Daddy Ajala abi whatever name he used that went on trials with Ajax.
http://thenationonlineng.net/single-han ... sa-mother/
Super Eagles’ Ahmed Musa’s mother, Sarah Moses has stated that she single-handedly nurtured Ahmed and her other four daughters when her husband passed on 20 years ago.

Sixty-year-old Musa’s mum who graced the unveiling of the N500 million sports fitness centre in the ancient city of Kano built by her son during an exclusive interview with Sporting Life, described Musa as a philanthropist who has touched so many lives with his wealth, particularly, the widows and orphans, adding that, “he has been the bread winner of the family and even our extended family members. He is taking good care of all of us.”
According to her, contrary to insinuations that Ahmed Musa hailed from Jos, Plateau state, the mum said, “he is actually from Maiduguri in Borno state. I am the second wife to the late father who died when Musa was seven years old.

“I am a Christian from Edo state and the father Musa was a Muslim—this is why I am bearing Moses. The father was a kind and caring man; a very generous man who took care of all his wives before he died. I am happy today to see my last born being celebrated by the small and mighty. So, I thank God for him and I am fulfilled.”
https://lifebogger.com/ahmed-musa-child ... phy-facts/

Ahmed Musa's mum is from Afuze, Edo State.
Hmm! The mama village is a stone throw from my village.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sir V wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:13 igbo
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North
not sure bout Lokosa but sounds MIddle belt

NOt 75%.

I guess we can move on now
Only Shehu Abdullahi is a Northerner on that team... If you are counting Ahmed Musa, well he is ethically from the Northern part of Edo state, around Auchi if I'm not mistaken.
i also heard Musa was from Auchi but again, other sources say he is from Kano (abi na kaduna).

Hmm

Simon Moses is from the North
Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon born in Jos, but not an indigene.
oh yes. I remember. How can i forget the Simon Daddy Ajala abi whatever name he used that went on trials with Ajax.
http://thenationonlineng.net/single-han ... sa-mother/
Super Eagles’ Ahmed Musa’s mother, Sarah Moses has stated that she single-handedly nurtured Ahmed and her other four daughters when her husband passed on 20 years ago.

Sixty-year-old Musa’s mum who graced the unveiling of the N500 million sports fitness centre in the ancient city of Kano built by her son during an exclusive interview with Sporting Life, described Musa as a philanthropist who has touched so many lives with his wealth, particularly, the widows and orphans, adding that, “he has been the bread winner of the family and even our extended family members. He is taking good care of all of us.”
According to her, contrary to insinuations that Ahmed Musa hailed from Jos, Plateau state, the mum said, “he is actually from Maiduguri in Borno state. I am the second wife to the late father who died when Musa was seven years old.

“I am a Christian from Edo state and the father Musa was a Muslim—this is why I am bearing Moses. The father was a kind and caring man; a very generous man who took care of all his wives before he died. I am happy today to see my last born being celebrated by the small and mighty. So, I thank God for him and I am fulfilled.”
https://lifebogger.com/ahmed-musa-child ... phy-facts/

Ahmed Musa's mum is from Afuze, Edo State.
Hmm! The mama is a stone throw from my village.
Musa na our long lost cousin :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

mcal wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I don't want to rile up any tribal sentiments as I'm Igbo myself and proudly one, but why have players of mostly Igbo ethnicity always dominated the SE? I believe this has been the status quo for quite some time now, even as far as back as the Westerhoff era... not sure of the era prior to that.
...okay, why have people of mostly northern ethnicity dominated the seat of government, in fact, as far back as day of independent?
Nama! Compare domination on merit and let's see. Some of you are as dumb as it comes. Trying so much to please your friends as a "good Igbo"
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

cic old boy wrote:If we can talk about why there are so many black players in the NBA, why there are so few black coaches in England, why there are so few minorities in boardrooms, why disproportionately more black men are in prisons in the US, then we can discuss ethnicity in our national team. It is a sociological phenomenon and worthy of discussion without any ostrich-like pretense, as long as it is done in a way that is not divisive.

I don't buy all this business of "seeing themselves as Nigerians" not as members of an ethnic group. You can be both. Human beings are multi-dimensional.

Most of our national teams from colonial times have been predominantly Igbo. It has a lot to do with success breeding success, the fact that the playing field is a lot more level than in the civil service for e.g, the fact that there could be more Igbos than our fraudulent censuses have led us to believe, etc.
Nama! You know all these, yet you prefer to remain caged in a zoo being lead by illiterates. I wonder how brains of some of you work.