The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

:rotf: :rotf: Guys are funny here,i see a lot of misery Wenger fans that want a coach that is not good so when he failed, they will come and say Wenger was doing great.
I am glad Wenger is gone,no new coach will have more than 3 years contract and Wenger was making 8 to 10 million a year.He was one of the most paid manager.
Arteta or who ever will get support from us Wenger out.If he comes in and don't know what he is doing then he will join Wenger along with some board members.
The good thing is Wenger is gone and I hope those misery fans follow him with their agenda.

Arsenal for life
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal signing a player without a Manager. Times have truly changed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger: "Highbury had a special spirit. It’s a cathedral, a church. You could smell the soul of every guy that played there. The Emirates was like buying a new house. It took us a while to feel at home there"

Wenger on leaving Highbury: "We had to do it. There is no club that can turn down people who wanted to attend the game. At the time I thought we were a bit too ambitious with 60,000, but it worked"

Wenger: "I signed for five years accepting it will be more limited resources &, when you have that, you have less good players. I didn’t want to walk out in the middle because I accepted the challenge"

Wenger: "The thinking behind the move (to the Emirates) was that eventually we would have more to spend on new players, but it's not really happened because other clubs have used outside resources"
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal signing a player without a Manager. Times have truly changed.
Basically a recipe for failure. When oyinbo people say "be careful what you wish for" now i understand what they mean. In all these my view is there's a tussle for power among the 3 king makers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I prefer a manager with experience, especially for a mentally weak team like Arsenal. Even though I don't like it. I will give Arteta a chance. I don't knowanything about his football knowledge to do job. It is going be rough for him if he doesn't perform right away. The board will hear it. No more cover from Wenger. I don't even know why Arteta will want the job. The Arsenal job after a legend like Wenger is difficult. Tough for an experienced manager tankless of a coach with no head coach managerial experience. Even Pep was a head coach for the Barca youth setup for several years
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal signing a player without a Manager. Times have truly changed.
na wa o..who dem sign ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Of these players out on loan, Akpom, Asano, Campbell & Perez, who stays & who goes?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gunzilla wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote: It is not calmness that dressing room needs, rather it is a strong kick in the backside of lazy players.

Thank you. I thought Waffiman's consciousness will return back to his head from Warri after Wenger has been let go...I am sadly mistaken. He has found another hero/Wenger-lite in Arteta, even before his appointment.

Good Lord, we are in trouble on the CE from Waffi if Arteta is hired....we will already have another coach who can do no wrong. Waffi will bombard us with thesis upon thesis about how Arteta is smarter than Pep, Mourinho, Klopp and Conte combined :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

On the flip side, the board would have given extended life to Arsenal Fan Tv :lol: :lol: :lol:
While Arteta is not my ideal choice,he'll have my support.Unless he shows very early and clearly that he has no idea what he is doing. Football is not that complicated.Its the most played game in the world. Arteta was a successful player.Not that that means it will translate in fantastic management. But if that is who the board chooses,i'll support him.

The failings in the Arsenal squad has been obvious for years.But our supposed sage and Professor left this gaping wound to grow and fester. Arteta may turn out to be a wonderful coach. Or he could be a dud.But the clear thing is that the the Board cannot hide behind Wenger anymore.The ultimate goal is to get Kroenke out and Usmanov in.If Arteta fails and acts as a catalyst towards that goal,it will not be a bad thing.If he turns out to be a gem and challenges for the league,then better.

But i will always give a guy a fair crack of the whip. But we our getting ahead of ourselves. Let the club announce the new manager first. :D

me an you are on the same boat, but I suspect Waffi will very quickly be on his own Wenger-boat. He has not been announced, but Waffi is already prepping us to accept that he is the best coach ever...after Wenger. That one I no gree. We should all be cautiously optimistic.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote:
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Footballistically speaking ...
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know
Dortmund CD called Sokratis. Rumours of a medical as it is all agreed. Fee, is claimed to be €20m.

I am quite baffled about this one. Having watched him live a few times, I can say he is an organiser. Yes, we do not have an organiser amongst our CDs, but I will not put him as the top level CD we need. But what do I know.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote: It is not calmness that dressing room needs, rather it is a strong kick in the backside of lazy players.

Thank you. I thought Waffiman's consciousness will return back to his head from Warri after Wenger has been let go...I am sadly mistaken. He has found another hero/Wenger-lite in Arteta, even before his appointment.

Good Lord, we are in trouble on the CE from Waffi if Arteta is hired....we will already have another coach who can do no wrong. Waffi will bombard us with thesis upon thesis about how Arteta is smarter than Pep, Mourinho, Klopp and Conte combined :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

On the flip side, the board would have given extended life to Arsenal Fan Tv :lol: :lol: :lol:
While Arteta is not my ideal choice,he'll have my support.Unless he shows very early and clearly that he has no idea what he is doing. Football is not that complicated.Its the most played game in the world. Arteta was a successful player.Not that that means it will translate in fantastic management. But if that is who the board chooses,i'll support him.

The failings in the Arsenal squad has been obvious for years.But our supposed sage and Professor left this gaping wound to grow and fester. Arteta may turn out to be a wonderful coach. Or he could be a dud.But the clear thing is that the the Board cannot hide behind Wenger anymore.The ultimate goal is to get Kroenke out and Usmanov in.If Arteta fails and acts as a catalyst towards that goal,it will not be a bad thing.If he turns out to be a gem and challenges for the league,then better.

But i will always give a guy a fair crack of the whip. But we our getting ahead of ourselves. Let the club announce the new manager first. :D

me an you are on the same boat, but I suspect Waffi will very quickly be on his own Wenger-boat. He has not been announced, but Waffi is already prepping us to accept that he is the best coach ever...after Wenger. That one I no gree. We should all be cautiously optimistic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you are not being fair. I have explained it all. We all know Arteta is the cheap committee option. I accept it. However, my preferred option is Allegri. But will Arsenal cough up? If they will not, I take Arteta.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thunder wrote:Of these players out on loan, Akpom, Asano, Campbell & Perez, who stays & who goes?
First team players that to me should go Cech,Welbeck,Mustafi,xhaka .Give Campbell and Perez a chance to fight and contribute to first team football.Akpom and Asano can go on loan along with likes of Chambers etc
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
na wa o..who dem sign ?

me sef wan know
Dortmund CD called Sokratis. Rumours of a medical as it is all agreed. Fee, is claimed to be €20m.

I am quite baffled about this one. Having watched him live a few times, I can say he is an organiser. Yes, we do not have an organiser amongst our CDs, but I will not put him as the top level CD we need. But what do I know.

If Sokratis Papastathopoulos is good enough for Wenger, he may be good for the incoming coach. That may be the thought behind this.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:Of these players out on loan, Akpom, Asano, Campbell & Perez, who stays & who goes?
Asano had a disappointing season. I cannot see him getting a work permit cos we will not pay the salary that gets him a Work permit.

Campbell is gone, he is a free agent.

Chuba has a year left, but with Eddie getting ahead of him, I think he will look for a new club.

Perez got relegated with Deportivo. He has 2 years left and will be back pre season.
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

If they appoint Arteta its the tipping point I need to finally abandon this yeye team - there is no ambition its just a money spinning venture for the Kroenkes. I wont be their mugu.

If we are going to experiment with an ex-player why not Viera? He has the pedigree. Arteta hasnt coached a game in his life - yet I am to believe he is the one to transform Arsenal. We might as well have retained Wenger and let the period of mediocrity continue.

The only upside, one can look forward to pure football comedy on ArsenalFanTV. More money for Robbie Lyles. Rather Robbie makes the dough than the Kroenkes.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They all go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Liverpool finished 4th last season.

They signed a Salah who scored a record-breaking 32 league goals...

And they finished 4th again. With one point LESS.

I just hope we go easy on Arteta if he is the next man.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Waffiman wrote:Liverpool finished 4th last season.

They signed a Salah who scored a record-breaking 32 league goals...

And they finished 4th again. With one point LESS.

I just hope we go easy on Arteta if he is the next man.
If it’s Arteta, we would have gone from Arsene, who?, to What, Arteta? :D :D :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nah only God go save Sven and Ivan and co if and when this season goes up in flames sha ... make i go find better popcorn ... this season go fun no be small :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

tmex12 wrote:If they appoint Arteta its the tipping point I need to finally abandon this yeye team - there is no ambition its just a money spinning venture for the Kroenkes. I wont be their mugu.

If we are going to experiment with an ex-player why not Viera? He has the pedigree. Arteta hasnt coached a game in his life - yet I am to believe he is the one to transform Arsenal. We might as well have retained Wenger and let the period of mediocrity continue.

The only upside, one can look forward to pure football comedy on ArsenalFanTV. More money for Robbie Lyles. Rather Robbie makes the dough than the Kroenkes.

my bro, na you be this for Arsenal thread? Leave them to be doing their nonsense while Waffi makes excuses for them :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Yes o, Arsenal fan tv....make I go check them out sef. I never visit in a while. Westin Kelechi dey tok?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Asano had a disappointing season. I cannot see him getting a work permit cos we will not pay the salary that gets him a Work permit.

Campbell is gone, he is a free agent.

Chuba has a year left, but with Eddie getting ahead of him, I think he will look for a new club.

Perez got relegated with Deportivo. He has 2 years left and will be back pre season.

Ha, how come? They could have at least sold him. Anyway, even if they had sold him, Kroenke would have pocketed the money.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We know Pochettino & Pep wanted him as an assistant. Maybe seeing some young guns shake things up in other sports has convinced our N.American owners to switch the music up - Sean McVay(l.A.Rams) in his early 30s, Boston Celtic's Brad Stevens who has turned a team w/o their 2 biggest stars into giant slayers.
My point's Mikel has to be exceptional to have been wanted by 2 of the brightest coaches around. Exceptional enough not to have to go get 5yrs coaching'Boro or Swansea b4 applying for our gig.
I will if he's appointed, look to see who he brings in as assistants(i always prefer young coaches bring in some old heads as assistants).
The argument for a bigname coach is more loud than it ought to be - Look at Conte(big rep) wins league, has to compete but complains nonstop about not getting the players he wants. At the top clubs you coach what you have - produce great results then you can influence transfers
When i read as you all probably have that Luis Enrique is demanding JM & Pep wages - i gotta say he gives a zilch 'bout my club, he wants Bank. Applies to the rest of them - Allegri wanting power he's never had in his coaching career. I am a Jadim fan but Mikel will be a good call - he knows way more about the EPL than Stevie G does about the SPL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

@afcstuff:Some of Arsenal's main players will be involved in choosing their next manager and they are also holding talks tomorrow. [@SkySportsNews] #afc

I hope the above is false - to give players that power isn't good for the sort of discipline required to change mentality. I am taking "main players" to mean squad members as opposed to Board members - could be totally wrong(hope I am)
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.