Marseille 0 v 3 Atletico Madrid Europa finals FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Marseille 0 v 2 Atletico Madrid Europa finals

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:Do what you do and do it to the maximum capacity, that is beauty. Atletico Madrid play beautiful football. What an outstanding display....always men v boys.
KPOM,oga Plat how come Diego drilled this team so well that even when he is not there its just hard to score them.?
I have never seen a team that can be leading 1-0 and are comfortable like its 3-0 in most of their games.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Marseille 0 v 3 Atletico Madrid Europa finals FT

Post by pajimoh »

Well done Arsenaletico. Goons won the Europa
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:Do what you do and do it to the maximum capacity, that is beauty. Atletico Madrid play beautiful football. What an outstanding display....always men v boys.
Beauty is what is beautiful. Atleti are anything but beautiful.

They are functional and very good at being functional. They have to be praised for that, but not for beauty.

That is a travesty...

If the entire sport was reduced to only teams that play like Atleti, football would not be a global sport.

But I am thankful for their stepping up in 2hf, perhaps realizing the gulf between them and a hapless OM. What a snoozefest!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:Well done Arsenaletico. Goons won the Europa
Haba must you bring beloved ?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yet we kept a clueless manager that over stay his time never won anything in Europe for 37 years.
Thank God he is history now,how some people wanted us to stick with Wenger for ever is shocking.
This was our Trophy he mess it up big time.Play 10 man for 80 minutes at home yet draw the game.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:

They are functional and very good at being functional. They have to be praised for that, but not for beauty.

That is a travesty...

If the entire sport was reduced to only teams that play like Atleti, football would not be a global sport.

But I am thankful for their stepping up in 2hf, perhaps realizing the gulf between them and a hapless OM. What a snoozefest!

Ahhh, we will never agree on this. Atleti were beautiful to watch. The execution, the dominance, the knowledge of what to do and where to be.
There is beauty in watching a cheetah race down an impala, it's exciting and beautiful but there is also beauty in watching a boa constrictor slowly constrict and devour an antelope, different kind of beauty but beauty nonetheless
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Atleti can do it all. They can possess, defend and play beautiful attacking exchanges when they choose to.

txj wrote:

That is a travesty...

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Atleti Madrid was just too much for OM. A much different level above OM. Well deserved win and expected too.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

According to a very solid lead, Diego Simeone is headed for the gunners
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Rawlings wrote:According to a very solid lead, Diego Simeone is headed for the gunners

Can you imagine Arsenal parking the bus? They want to get Arteta so they can play like Man C.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

balo wrote:
Rawlings wrote:According to a very solid lead, Diego Simeone is headed for the gunners
Can you imagine Arsenal parking the bus? They want to get Arteta so they can play like Man C.
I could not imagine Donald Trump as president :winking:
My point: Arsenal will not care, as long as, they win something. It's been too long
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar