Uzoho updates and highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by marutimon »

Uzoho was on fire in that last game.

Uzoho seems to be learning extremely fast, his confidence in the air and in the box is both impressive and a good sign. He still has many faults, but the rate of growth is unheard of. Uzoho is no1 for me. For good or bad.

Let's just hope we don't crucify this gem of a goalie if he has a bad cup due to age and limited experience.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Shownoja wrote: Good advise about caution, but I think the time is now. We know ourselves, majority of these players will not be kept for another cycle, except they do something really special. I think they have it in them. I am open-minded though, but expectant.

I will manage whatever disappointment comes - if it comes
:tic: .
Exactly! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Come what may, we will deal with it the best way we can
Last edited by Odas on Wed May 16, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

truetalk wrote:[/video]
Uzoho is going to cause some heart flutters if he starts at the WC

He seems to have a problem making clean catches. That’s a weakness that teams will try to exploit. The guy is clearly not ready yet but he may the best option at this pt
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marutimon wrote:Uzoho was on fire in that last game.

Uzoho seems to be learning extremely fast, his confidence in the air and in the box is both impressive and a good sign. He still has many faults, but the rate of growth is unheard of. Uzoho is no1 for me. For good or bad.

Let's just hope we don't crucify this gem of a goalie if he has a bad cup due to age and limited experience.
That is why i am asking for caution, because people will set their expectations so high and when it comes crashing down, they start looking for scapegoats!

Anyone who expects these folks to perform extra ordinary feat beyond their level of development should be handed over to the NDLEA for smoking dangerous hallucinogenic substance!

I read somewhere someone boasting that this team can hang out with the likes of Brasil, Germany etc..I had to look out of the window to confirm what time of the day it is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

YUJAM wrote:

He seems to have a problem making clean catches. That’s a weakness that teams will try to exploit. The guy is clearly not ready yet but he may the best option at this pt
I saw that as well and like you said - Chief Yujam - it certainly is a problem. Players of other teams will be looking forward to utilizing the weakness, easy goals against us, I might say
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:

That is why i am asking for caution, because people will set their expectations so high and when it comes crashing down, they start looking for scapegoats!

Anyone who expects these folks to perform extra ordinary feat beyond their level of development should be handed over to the NDLEA for smoking dangerous hallucinogenic substance!

I read somewhere someone boasting that this team can hang out with the likes of Brasil, Germany etc..I had to look out of the window to confirm what time of the day it is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A word is enough for the wise!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

A word is enough for the wise!
An advise you refused to heed over the last 8 months because you had received money from a crook. How rich, coming from you/ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Odas wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

I saw that as well and like you said - Chief Yujam - it certainly is a problem. Players of other teams will be looking forward to utilizing the weakness, easy goals against us, I might say
You guys need to shut up. Was Enyeama perfect???We all know he was called Vampire Enyeama because he had problems with crosses. Even up until 2014 WC he still had problems dealing with long balls and crosses. Peter Rufai didn't make clean catches as well and it cost us vs Argentina in 1994 but guess what, they were the best we had for a long time. Instead of putting Uzoho down, you should encourage him to get better. At 19 he is well on his way to becoming a top GK. No GK is perfect. BTW he has played vs the likes of Argentina, Poland and Serbia and has only conceded 2 goals. I say he is good to go.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Biggest part of goal keeping is confidence. And a young keeper needs ALL the confidence in the world. If Uzoho has it, we'll be fine. The boys just need to get him there.

I don't have any expectations for this WC. I am hoping for the best.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

He has all the tools. Big, athletic and agile. The rest is coachable. If he is ready, he starts. If not....
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bret- hart wrote:

Naija 's # 1 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I see too many inexperienced parts to his game in this one video. If he keeps pushing ball towards the penalty spot, teams will adjust accordingly and score freely. All they have to do it take a shot and have one making that run as he will spill it to them.

He is a good goalkeeper no doubt but he still have a very long way to go. His errors could be fixed with experience but he is no where ready for the worldcup as #1. I will play Ajiboye or Ezenwa over this kid at the world cup.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote:

That was my observation watching that video....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Trent Alexander was raw this season and not even Liverpool 2nd choice right back. He has had his howlers e.g. against Man U). He persisted and is now headed to the World Cup and the Champions League final. Experience is not from training but, competitive matches.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

MYMIND wrote:Trent Alexander was raw this season and not even Liverpool 2nd choice right back. He has had his howlers e.g. against Man U). He persisted and is now headed to the World Cup and the Champions League final. Experience is not from training but, competitive matches.
:thumb: :thumb: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

MYMIND wrote:Trent Alexander was raw this season and not even Liverpool 2nd choice right back. He has had his howlers e.g. against Man U). He persisted and is now headed to the World Cup and the Champions League final. Experience is not from training but, competitive matches.
There is a player in Brasil's final 23-man WC squad that has played ONLY 5 MINUTES for the national team.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:
Odas wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

You guys need to shut up. Was Enyeama perfect???We all know he was called Vampire Enyeama because he had problems with crosses. Even up until 2014 WC he still had problems dealing with long balls and crosses. Peter Rufai didn't make clean catches as well and it cost us vs Argentina in 1994 but guess what, they were the best we had for a long time. Instead of putting Uzoho down, you should encourage him to get better. At 19 he is well on his way to becoming a top GK. No GK is perfect. BTW he has played vs the likes of Argentina, Poland and Serbia and has only conceded 2 goals. I say he is good to go.
I think you need to shut your mouth and your arse! Because Vince had or has those weaknesses and played well doesn't mean Uzoho's weaknesses should not be pointed out or that anyone is against Uzoho.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ok, those highlights, he did very well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Damunk wrote:
There is a player in Brasil's final 23-man WC squad that has played ONLY 5 MINUTES for the national team.

I bet the guy or the Liverpool is a backup. Unlike us going with 2 amateurs and injury-prone erratic Ezenwa. Anyway if we cld win Atlanta 96 ( without Dosu making a save), then anything is possible.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

eyan wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I bet the guy or the Liverpool is a backup. Unlike us going with 2 amateurs and injury-prone erratic Ezenwa. Anyway if we cld win Atlanta 96 ( without Dosu making a save), then anything is possible.
Trent wad Liverpool's 3rd choice RB at season start. Thibfs happened and he took his opportunity when presented and has locked down a starting shirt. Things happened to Nigeria's 1st choice coupled with inconsistencies from others and Uzoho has taken his chance. Let him have his opportunity and hopefully rise to the occasion.

Either way Super Eagles goalkeeping department will be better for it going forward.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

MYMIND wrote:
eyan wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Trent wad Liverpool's 3rd choice RB at season start. Thibfs happened and he took his opportunity when presented and has locked down a starting shirt. Things happened to Nigeria's 1st choice coupled with inconsistencies from others and Uzoho has taken his chance. Let him have his opportunity and hopefully rise to the occasion.

Either way Super Eagles goalkeeping department will be better for it going forward.
A 7-game tournament is not place to try such. You can afford to lose 3-4 games in a league and still bounce back. You try that in a competition, man mi o d'owuro (it's goodnight).
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

MYMIND wrote:
eyan wrote:
Damunk wrote:

And Uzoho has not taken anything oooo. I think he's sluggish going down. Maybe na my screen. I still rate Ezenwa higher based on his game against Cameroon. But to reduce his gbana a little bit.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Naija's three goalkeepers are better than 2014 and 2010. Inexperience or not. Additionally, they will get better. At least none of these will be overweight or tossing the ball into their own net. We'll take parrying.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

MYMIND wrote:
eyan wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Una funny for this forum nor be small. So you want to use the case of a Liverpool player playing at the EPL and CL to compare with that of .....aghh never mind. The quality and the level at which Trent is playing played a significant role in his selection. Let us just wish our boys well, they are all we have at the moment and one pray that their best will be good enough.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho