Uzoho updates and highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

eyan
Egg
Egg
Re: Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by eyan »

nzeogwu wrote:Naija's three goalkeepers are better than 2014 and 2010. Inexperience or not. Additionally, they will get better. At least none of these will be overweight or tossing the ball into their own net. We'll take parrying.
The 3 of them are not fit to tie Ejide's shoe. Let's just wish them well.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Watching this video makes me pray Ezenwa is fit. Watched Enyinmba last CCL and be was on bench duty however think he is better and more confident than Uzoho
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Ezenwa is better than Uzoho.. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

imehjunior wrote:Watching this video makes me pray Ezenwa is fit. Watched Enyinmba last CCL and be was on bench duty however think he is better and more confident than Uzoho
Melu Melu Junior! Of course you think your townsman who was on bench duty, and whom you didnt see play is better and more confident than Uzoho. What is new??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thank God will know where you are coming from, so you cannot hide behind objectivity. Go and tell your thief townsman, Crooked Enyeama, that he should fook off and leave our team alone. You dont have to watch the world cup or support Nigeria, its not by force.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I am not convinced with Ozoho. I think Ezenwa should start. All these spilling of the ball into the box 6 will cost us.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

danfo driver wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Watching this video makes me pray Ezenwa is fit. Watched Enyinmba last CCL and be was on bench duty however think he is better and more confident than Uzoho
Melu Melu Junior! Of course you think your townsman who was on bench duty, and whom you didnt see play is better and more confident than Uzoho. What is new??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thank God will know where you are coming from, so you cannot hide behind objectivity. Go and tell your thief townsman, Crooked Enyeama, that he should fook off and leave our team alone. You dont have to watch the world cup or support Nigeria, its not by force.
Bros I am assuming one has to be over 13 to be on this site .
Wanted Enyeama because i felt he would add to the team . He was not picked and I trust Rohr judgement above my sentiments.
Go take your meds and look for something new. Your 15mins of fame is over.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

imehjunior wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bros I am assuming one has to be over 13 to be on this site .
Wanted Enyeama because i felt he would add to the team . He was not picked and I trust Rohr judgement above my sentiments.
Go take your meds and look for something new. Your 15mins of fame is over.
Melu Melu Junior. That is NOT true. Your sole purpose to get Enyeama in the team was because he was your towns man. Are you done speaking your native tongue with Oblong Head? :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

eyan wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Naija's three goalkeepers are better than 2014 and 2010. Inexperience or not. Additionally, they will get better. At least none of these will be overweight or tossing the ball into their own net. We'll take parrying.
The 3 of them are not fit to tie Ejide's shoe. Let's just wish them well.

:clap: Man the rubbish you read on this site.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ezenwa should start. Uzoho lacks the confidence and command of a #1 goalkeeper. Seems that people want to shoehorn Uzoho into the starting spot just because he’s younger and has greater potential. This World Cup is too soon for him.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

wey ejide sef ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Synopsis wrote:Ezenwa should start. Uzoho lacks the confidence and command of a #1 goalkeeper. Seems that people want to shoehorn Uzoho into the starting spot just because he’s younger and has greater potential. This World Cup is too soon for him.
Ezenwa is being benched by Ghanaian Daudu at Enyimba . Though I believe he is the better of the 3.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

imehjunior wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Ezenwa should start. Uzoho lacks the confidence and command of a #1 goalkeeper. Seems that people want to shoehorn Uzoho into the starting spot just because he’s younger and has greater potential. This World Cup is too soon for him.
Ezenwa is being benched by Ghanaian Daudu at Enyimba . Though I believe he is the better of the 3.
That line has been debunked over and over and you guys insists on using it. Ezenwa and Dauda rotates for starting berth.

Ezenwa or Ajiboye should start if healthy. Uzoho is too raw albeit with great upside. In a year or 2, Uzoho may be the undisputed #1. For this World Cup, Rohr should not take that risk as he will spill way too many balls in the path of atackers leading to unnecessary goals. The video and other videos clearly show this issue. Those errors will be cleared with experience and time is not on his side for cleaning up before the World Cup.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
That line has been debunked over and over and you guys insists on using it. Ezenwa and Dauda rotates for starting berth.

Ezenwa or Ajiboye should start if healthy. Uzoho is too raw albeit with great upside. In a year or 2, Uzoho may be the undisputed #1. For this World Cup, Rohr should not take that risk as he will spill way too many balls in the path of atackers leading to unnecessary goals. The video and other videos clearly show this issue. Those errors will be cleared with experience and time is not on his side for cleaning up before the World Cup.
I am not sure that there is that much experience involved in ball handling by GKs. Maybe a little but not as much as you believe. Ball handling is as basic as ball control which is a fundamental skill every GK must learn.
I think where experience really counts is decision-making: positioning, judging flight of balls, deciding when to 'go' or when to stay, deciding where and how to get rid of a ball you cannot hold.....

Ezenwa gives me more worries on these aspects of his game that Uzoho....and that is scary!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Cito wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

I am not sure that there is that much experience involved in ball handling by GKs. Maybe a little but not as much as you believe. Ball handling is as basic as ball control which is a fundamental skill every GK must learn.
I think where experience really counts is decision-making: positioning, judging flight of balls, deciding when to 'go' or when to stay, deciding where and how to get rid of a ball you cannot hold.....

Ezenwa gives me more worries on these aspects of his game that Uzoho....and that is scary!
I agree with both Chief Cito and Oga Damunk in their views. In addition, the good thing is the coaches are seeing the goalkeepers in action more than we do; therefore, they will do the right thing by picking the correct keeper for our team.
Last edited by Odas on Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Me thinks it will depend on who we play.
Denmark/Sweden/France: Uzoho (Lots of high ball)
Argentina/Croatia: Ezenwa or Ajiboye (Lots of low crosses even on set pieces)
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

In the 70' s and 80's Brazil goalkeepers were horrible. Leao and Waldir Perez to name a few. In the last twenty years, there's been a flood of 6' 4" goalies to Europe. The notable ones are

Dida (Inter)
Neto (Valencia)
Ederson (Man C)
Becker (Roma)

Are Brazilian goalkeepers physically better than Nigerian goalies? Why do many get an opportunity to play in Europe at an early age?
Uzoho, at least physically is the prototypical physique for a European D1 club. I cannot judge his decision making or footwork.
And please don't play the race card. Several that have featured in Europe are not white. Is it the same reason that European top clubs don't trust African central defenders? (They'll take plenty as wing backs though)

Anyone interested in a spirited conversation?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is 50/50 for me.

Both players shouldn't be Nigerian number 1.

Uzoho is technically good, but lacks experience.

Ezenwa is technically poor, but has played in several games for Nigeria.

Training and the next 3 friendlies will settle the competition.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

nzeogwu wrote:Me thinks it will depend on who we play.
Denmark/Sweden/France: Uzoho (Lots of high ball)
Argentina/Croatia: Ezenwa or Ajiboye (Lots of low crosses even on set pieces)

So we should change goalies every game. :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Why not? How many of you remember England from 1978-80?
Game 1: Ray Clemence
Game 2: Peter Shilton
Game 3: Ray Clemence

Until they faced Austria and Krankl and Pezzei (RIP) settled matters 4-3.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Men this Uzouho fear me oo!!!. Perhaps the ball is slippery. This is some scary stuff. If that video is a 2018 video then Ezenwa is number 1. Problem is he shows good decision, comes out to cover at the right time BUT you gotta to be able to hold on the ball. Those balls he spilled were freebies and trust coaches that do their homework. They've watched videos and will come prepared for freebie rebounds.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Make im use glue jare
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Really close one. I will still take Ozoho. Eznewa lacks international European experience and will make some comical errors and antics. I doubt his fitness and also not sure with his fake injuries time wasting antics. This will not work on the world stage.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

walesvilla wrote:Really close one. I will still take Ozoho. Eznewa lacks international European experience and will make some comical errors and antics. I doubt his fitness and also not sure with his fake injuries time wasting antics. This will not work on the world stage.
Which international European experience Vincent have when he kept against England in the WC (I remember, he kept against Inter Milanvs Enyimba, if my memory serves me right)
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim