Southgate says he chose Naija cos of flair ala Kanu & JJ

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Southgate says he chose Naija cos of flair ala Kanu & JJ

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Southgate says England chose to play Super Eagles because he admires Nigeria's flair and panache - See more at: https://goo.gl/piLa3w
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Southgate says he chose Naija cos of flair ala Kanu & JJ

Post by DIMKA76 »

England had bags of flair with the current crop of players
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Stereotype of the African team, flamboyant dysfunctionality.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is why i think we can spring a surprise this summer. many of these coaches just refuse to update their knowledge
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Please read his actual quotes in the article linked as he said no such thing!!! No mention of "flair." He simply and accurately paid homage to two legends who made an impact in the EPL and were his favorite players.
Mr Southgate said: “We didn’t choose Nigeria for the June 2 friendly match just because we had an African team in our group at the World Cup but the truth is that we don’t often have the opportunity of playing teams outside Europe and we thought it was a great opportunity playing against Nigeria. I was in the squad when we played Nigeria in 2002 and there have been a lot of Nigerian players that have been successful in the Premier League like Kanu and Jay Jay Okocha, both of them really made a great impact in our league and they are my favourite Nigerian players.”
:roll:
Last edited by metalalloy on Mon May 21, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They will beat us silly. I don’t see us getting less than 3-0
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

It's about three (3) times within the last week or so in which "Oga Ayo" has INTENTIONALLY misquoted the content of an article, yet REFERS us (Forumers) to click on the LINK to his BLOG.

What are the Mods doing or going to do about these LIES or deceptions? Ayo, his aim and his link is becoming, or has become that of the "owngoal."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:They will beat us silly. I don’t see us getting less than 3-0
Bros, na wetin? Why you dey fear like dis?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Odas wrote:It's about three (3) times within the last week or so in which "Oga Ayo" has INTENTIONALLY misquoted the content of an article, yet REFERS us (Forumers) to click on the LINK to his BLOG.

What are the Mods doing or going to do about these LIES or deceptions? Ayo, his aim and his link is becoming, or has become that of the "owngoal."
No let Ayo stress you out. No be today Ayo don dey see red but go call am blue.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:They will beat us silly. I don’t see us getting less than 3-0
...who will really score for them? May be Sterling will cause havoc. At least we see their players every week play. As for us, we may actually surprise them because of their poor defense and goalie.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

if we lose 3nil to England - we might as well withdraw from the Wcup- yes we may lose not I don't see a white wash - 2-1 or 1-0 or a draw my prediction
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

walesvilla wrote:
if we lose 3nil to England - we might as well withdraw from the Wcup- yes we may lose not I don't see a white wash - 2-1 or 1-0 or a draw my prediction
Serbia beat us 2-0 that would have been 3 if the one Uzoho clawed out after it crossed the line had been counted. Just saying its not that crazy a scoreline but its also a friendly and the result isn't all that matters. But I do expect us to be more competitive with Mikel back and also don't expect our starters to go too hard and risk injury.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why the fear?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

metalalloy wrote:Please read his actual quotes in the article linked as he said no such thing!!! No mention of "flair." He simply and accurately paid homage to two legends who made an impact in the EPL and were his favorite players.
Mr Southgate said: “We didn’t choose Nigeria for the June 2 friendly match just because we had an African team in our group at the World Cup but the truth is that we don’t often have the opportunity of playing teams outside Europe and we thought it was a great opportunity playing against Nigeria. I was in the squad when we played Nigeria in 2002 and there have been a lot of Nigerian players that have been successful in the Premier League like Kanu and Jay Jay Okocha, both of them really made a great impact in our league and they are my favourite Nigerian players.”
He's been doing this all weekend long, and people are falling for it.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

God forbid, you dey craze? :twisted: I can take a SE loss to any team, but there are three countries I'll have a very hard time accepting a loss from be it competitive or friendly... and they are Ghana, Cameroon, and England in that order.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:Please read his actual quotes in the article linked as he said no such thing!!! No mention of "flair." He simply and accurately paid homage to two legends who made an impact in the EPL and were his favorite players.
you are still falling for ayo's fake news, suckers are born everyday b.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
God forbid, you dey craze? :twisted: I can take a SE loss to any team, but there are three countries I'll have a very hard time accepting a loss from be it competitive or friendly... and they are Ghana, Cameroon, and England in that order.
Whether you accept or not won't change the fact...abi you still never accept the 4-1's we've gotten from Ghana from Brentford to WAFU Cup?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

mcal wrote:
...who will really score for them? May be Sterling will cause havoc. At least we see their players every week play. As for us, we may actually surprise them because of their poor defense and goalie.
England are poor in the goalkeeping department? Ok ohh. Kontinuuu
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

They are going to be playing an African team in the WC so they look for an African team considered to be in good form right now for a warm-up game. That's what they've always done. They've also hosted Egypt and Ghana in the past when they were in good form. There is no other reason.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

King Futcha wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cito wrote:
mcal wrote:
England are poor in the goalkeeping department? Ok ohh. Kontinuuu
Which one of their keepers can touch Akpeyi? Talk less of our Francis! :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
Brah, this is an article dealing with teams in the world cup, go find your level in news for the concacrap champions league :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Those countries are a: "No lose to", eh? I hear you my brother