Is any Nigerian coach ever this thorough and meticulous?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Is any Nigerian coach ever this thorough and meticulous?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Arsenal to unveil former PSG boss Unai Emery as their new manager after he mesmerises board with presentation - See more at: https://goo.gl/YDJLub

I must admit I am very impressed already. I am sure all you Gunners fans must be excited. Did you read this:

About two weeks ago, Mr Emery delivered a presentation to Arsenal’s hierarchy which included an in-depth analysis of every player at the club. Apparently Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis and his recruitment team were left gobsmacked by his attention to detail and his forensic knowledge of the squad.

One club source said: “He knew more about the Arsenal squad and every relevant detail about their career path and injury histories than people who had been at the club for years. They’d no idea where he had gathered his information from but they were mesmerised by the vision he put before them.”
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Is any Nigerian coach ever this thorough and meticulous?

Post by nanijoe »

Powerpoint strikes again...
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal to unveil former PSG boss Unai Emery as their new manager after he mesmerises board with presentation - See more at: https://goo.gl/YDJLub

I must admit I am very impressed already. I am sure all you Gunners fans must be excited. Did you read this:

About two weeks ago, Mr Emery delivered a presentation to Arsenal’s hierarchy which included an in-depth analysis of every player at the club. Apparently Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis and his recruitment team were left gobsmacked by his attention to detail and his forensic knowledge of the squad.

One club source said: “He knew more about the Arsenal squad and every relevant detail about their career path and injury histories than people who had been at the club for years. They’d no idea where he had gathered his information from but they were mesmerised by the vision he put before them.”

Do Nigerian coaches have the resources and help Unai Emery had in developing this presentation? Yes, resourcefulness can help up to a certain point but having help and money sets you apart in getting your point across
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

wazobia wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal to unveil former PSG boss Unai Emery as their new manager after he mesmerises board with presentation - See more at: https://goo.gl/YDJLub

Do Nigerian coaches have the resources and help Unai Emery had in developing this presentation? Yes, resourcefulness can help up to a certain point but having help and money sets you apart in getting your point across
YEs, they DO.

Question is, do they even know what powerpoint is?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cheii!! Nigerians and “feferity”

Anything that is shinnibc outside... or that seems like wonderment, will easily catch the fancy of a Nigerian. Unai Emery is powerpointing, abr someone is here twerking. Like the Arsenal board cannot look at the body of his work to determine his suitability.

No wonder oyibo came and used cheap trinkets to confuse una. Smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

nanijoe wrote:Powerpoint strikes again...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Berti Vogts and LagerBeer Powerpointed too!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

How are you people still fooled by Powerpoints after Lagerback?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Nanijoe, what's with your recent driveby tendencies? :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:

Pure assassin. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cally wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
And he's not even going for a head shot. He aimed at the gut where he could not miss. :tic: Nasty nani wants to see the content..... :twisted: :P
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Only Gotti can give a fitting response...Gotti where art thou in this hour that CE needs your deep insights on Powerpoints?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Without a CL berth, power point is useless so, we shall see :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Seriously Ayo, the man is trying to secure a job that will pay him couple million pounds a year. He can afford to put together a presentation for 100 thousand pounds. All he has done is compiled info from various sources and spoken to it, the real value is what he can mine from the data and using it successfully. What will you do if you sat through an SAP presentation? You'd probably take your shirt off in excitement as those guys are not playing around when hunting companies for hundreds of millions.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

chief nfachairman wrote:
wazobia wrote:

YEs, they DO.

Question is, do they even know what powerpoint is?

Wow Mo gbe ohhh :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo, go and sit for dorty. A coach that will be making millions gobsmacked you by preparing for his job interview? Even Anikulapo that spends hundreds of his own dollars on jerseys can tell you the injury history, strengths and weaknesses of Ozil, Ramsey,and Xhaka.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Ayo, go and sit for dorty. A coach that will be making millions gobsmacked you by preparing for his job interview? Even Anikulapo that spends hundreds of his own dollars on jerseys can tell you the injury history, strengths and weaknesses of Ozil, Ramsey,and Xhaka.

Er Yes I can ... unlike you I dey watch game with clear head and mind :taunt: :taunt: ... and unlike you I don’t have ayahuasca, bottles of Stout and things that are legal only in some states of America within arms length :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Ayo, go and sit for dorty. A coach that will be making millions gobsmacked you by preparing for his job interview? Even Anikulapo that spends hundreds of his own dollars on jerseys can tell you the injury history, strengths and weaknesses of Ozil, Ramsey,and Xhaka.

Er Yes I can ... unlike you I dey watch game with clear head and mind :taunt: :taunt: ... and unlike you I don’t have ayahuasca, bottles of Stout and things that are legal only in some states of America within arms length :taunt:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

He just sold himself better than the other lazy candidates, thats all, fair enough, he did his home work well, now he has to prove himself by his team selection
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Jokes aside, knowledge is not valued in Nigeria. In fact, Nigerians tend to disparage people with knowledge calling them stuff like "ITKs". You only have to look at this forum to see how many wear their ignorance like a badge of honour. It is a country in which knowledge is not essential to get a job. You only have to look at the likes of Buhari. So there is really no need for a coach to bother with the details. And football matches are decided on minor details. The best coaches are those who concentrate and improve on those details. We had a coach like Baba Oni who was proud about the fact that he didn't watch opponents.
http://www.naijiant.com/