Nwakali Kelechi more ready for SE compared to Nwakali Chidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwakali Kelechi more ready for SE compared to Nwakali Ch

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:Kelechi should be called up to train with the National team and play in the friendlies. Start the process of integrating him into the National team for Qatar 2022.
Would be a waste of time. The friendlies are for assessing players that may go to Russia. Intergrate him after the wc.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

green4life wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Actually, the one who played outstandingly today was Chidi, not Kelechi (in spite of his spectacular goal)
I agree.

But why was Kelechi playing so far back ?

I feel like he could have been much more involved and influential if he were in an advanced role as opposed to what looked like DM.
They played a 2 man midfield against a solid disciplined unit so he had to stay deep to ensure balance otherwise we'd have been outnumbered
Correct. No qualms with him playmaking from deep. He wasn't pressed today though, the key will be whether he can look as good when the press is on him.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
green4life wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Actually, the one who played outstandingly today was Chidi, not Kelechi (in spite of his spectacular goal)
I agree.

But why was Kelechi playing so far back ?

I feel like he could have been much more involved and influential if he were in an advanced role as opposed to what looked like DM.
They played a 2 man midfield against a solid disciplined unit so he had to stay deep to ensure balance otherwise we'd have been outnumbered
Correct. No qualms with him playmaking from deep. He wasn't pressed today though, the key will be whether he can look as good when the press is on him.
They tried to a few times and he either shielded the ball effectively, or was fouled. The kid is the real deal.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Sometimes one can be right even when in a minority of one. It pays to always stick by your convictions!
Uncle wAyo, after 22 years?

LOL was Kelechi played as a "playmaker"? He most certainly was not a No.10 which is what Ayo has been harping for. He is hardly the only person that has called for nwakali to be invited to the SE in this forum.
No.

I think he will claim an inverted '10'. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Sometimes one can be right even when in a minority of one. It pays to always stick by your convictions!
Uncle wAyo, after 22 years?

LOL was Kelechi played as a "playmaker"? He most certainly was not a No.10 which is what Ayo has been harping for. He is hardly the only person that has called for nwakali to be invited to the SE in this forum.
No.

I think he will claim an inverted '10'. :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you know wAyo way too well.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Kelechi should be called up to train with the National team and play in the friendlies. Start the process of integrating him into the National team for Qatar 2022.
Would be a waste of time. The friendlies are for assessing players that may go to Russia. Intergrate him after the wc.

Ok maybe not play in the friendlies. But he should be called up to camp to train with the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

A broken clock is correct twice a day.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The unvarnished truth is even superstar like Messi falls on Rphr's feet he will not recognize him. The buffoon is extremely depraved, parochial and conservative. He is not worth being a kindergarten's team coach
Last edited by bully12 on Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

They are both ready......................Along with Edouk and Usman.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Lolly wrote:I have been wondering what happened to Usman Mohammed since the Olympics. He was good then and had a good game today.
Played in Portugal and then went to Norway.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:But we have to be careful not to overhype this game. Athletico Madrid played with basically their 2nd team and didn't really put in their full effort to win the game.

I didn't see Griezman, Koke, Diego Costa, Godin, Gabi and co play today.
Same reason u didn't see Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi, Mikel and Kelechi :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

wale1974 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:But we have to be careful not to overhype this game. Athletico Madrid played with basically their 2nd team and didn't really put in their full effort to win the game.

I didn't see Griezman, Koke, Diego Costa, Godin, Gabi and co play today.
Same reason u didn't see Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi, Mikel and Kelechi :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Same reason why ppl here should not think that Kelechi should dispose Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo, J.Obi, Ogu from the main squad.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

bully12 wrote:The unvarnished truth is even superstar like Messi falls on Rphr's feet he will not recognize him. The buffoon is extremely depraved, parochial conservation. He is not worth being a kindergarten's tea, coach
Are all your posts negative and full of insults?
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Anyone who listened to Rohr on that thread about the style of play he wants for the SE will understand why Nwakali is not in the squad. In the first part of both halves, he and his colleagues were easily over run and by-passed. The good news is that he came into his own later and delivered. I think (and this is my personal opinion), this WC came a tad bit early for him. He is young and will have many opportunities in the future.

The head scratcher for me will be Uduak(sp). In a squad struggling for a quality left footer, we had one who can actually cross the ball, and he was left out? E no be say na coach Rohr, I for begin ask question.
To stop trying is to start dying
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Shownoja wrote:Anyone who listened to Rohr on that thread about the style of play he wants for the SE will understand why Nwakali is not in the squad. In the first part of both halves, he and his colleagues were easily over run and by-passed. The good news is that he came into his own later and delivered. I think (and this is my personal opinion), this WC came a tad bit early for him. He is young and will have many opportunities in the future.

The head scratcher for me will be Uduak(sp). In a squad struggling for a quality left footer, we had one who can actually cross the ball, and he was left out? E no be say na coach Rohr, I for begin ask question.

Only in Nigeria a young can not play for SE even when he is very good.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Shownoja wrote:Anyone who listened to Rohr on that thread about the style of play he wants for the SE will understand why Nwakali is not in the squad. In the first part of both halves, he and his colleagues were easily over run and by-passed. The good news is that he came into his own later and delivered. I think (and this is my personal opinion), this WC came a tad bit early for him. He is young and will have many opportunities in the future.

Please ask the questions. :taunt: :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ayo you were spot on, on kelechi Nwakali assessment.. Suprisingly you choose him first before any mention of the Elder brother..
FIFA technical committee didnt make a mistake to award him the Golden Ball of U17 in 2015.
For me Kelechi Nwakali should have accepted his Ajax peanuts offer instead of going to arsenal and now ending up in the Dutch second division via a loan scheme..
afc##
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:

Please ask the questions. :taunt: :tic:
Is he HB, if yes, he stands no chance.....

Does he play in England and Germany, if no.. He stands no chance.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.
Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Ayo do you know why he moved back 2nd division . A lot of people were disappointed when he went down to a lower league. It seems he could not cut it with the big boys,
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Goldleaf wrote:The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

Chief, you are being overly critical. ATM are a club side. Regardless of whether it's their B team, they train and play to clubs philosophy. The SE have have never played a competitive match together. They probably only had a few training sessions together. A team they are most definitely NOT. You'd expect their understanding to be tested against a team that plays to a well rehearsed system and philosophy.

They did very well under the circumstances. Abegi, learn to be more objective rather than overly critical
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bully12 wrote:Ayo do you know why he moved back 2nd division . A lot of people were disappointed when he went down to a lower league. It seems he could not cut it with the big boys,
He was not given the opportunity to play. When a coach does not like you there is nothing you can do if not given the opportunity. Whenever he played, he put in a good account of himself.

Similarly, when a coach likes you, he will field you no matter how badly you play. Look at the games Alex Iwobi was getting under Arsenal despite putting in poor performances.

Go and see how the Man U fans are having a go at Mourinho for not fielding Bailey. They believe Smalling and Jones cost them the FA Cup and Bailey was a better option but the coach chose players he likes.

Football, like everything else is life can be highly subjective. No one can tell me that Kelechi Nwakali is not good enough to be a starter in the Dutch league week-in, week-out.