The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The focus should be to fix the defense.

Sell
Mustafi
Xhaka
Ozil
Chambers
Lucas Perez
Asano
Akpom
Martinez

Buy
2 central midfielders
2 central defenders
1 right back
1 attacking midfielder

Depth

GK- Cech, Ospina, Macey
RB- New RB, Bellerin
CD- New CD, New CD, Holden, Mavropanos
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
MF- Ramsey, El Neny, Wilshere, Niles, Nwakili, new MF, new MF, new AM
FW- Aubemenyang, Lacazette, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Nelson, Nkeetah

You want to fix the defense but want to keep Cech and Ospina? Ok :rotf:
Cech and Ospina were okay. They will improve when the play in front of them improve.

It’s clear you were watching a different team but ok oh :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ivan Gazidis met the higher-ups at Real Madrid in August 2013 with the intention of signing one player – Ángel Di María. The Spanish club would not sell and, what was more, they told the Arsenal chief executive he could not have anybody.

Then Gazidis’s stars aligned. Over at the Real training pitches the club’s new manager, Carlo Ancelotti, told Mesut Özil he would not be assured of a starting place. Özil threw his toys and, rather abruptly, Gazidis was told he could take the Germany superstar, which he did.

Unai Emery’s grasp of detail can succeed at Arsenal after PSG problems

Gazidis is fond of telling the story because it has plenty of zesty ingredients, not least football’s everlasting capacity to surprise. But he tells it, more than anything, because it was a cool thing to have been a part of and, at times like these, even men in his position and with his icy temperament can be touched by a childlike excitement.

Interesting and all this time dem dey tell us fables :woot: :woot:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ger-wenger

Thunder wire Ancelloti :woot: :woot: and the muppets with fumble with Suarez .... Arsenal would have won the EPL and would’ve sold Luis for 80 million plus Alexis Sanchez :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Is Santi, Arsenal’s Best midfielder of the last two decades? According to a newspaper he is better than

Droopy : what a shocker :taunt:

Ramshyt

Wilshere

NasRat

And even Cesc :scared: :scared:

I agree with all the rest save for Francesc Fabregas. The young Fabregas was simply all World. Would take him over Xavi, Iniesta, Nedved, Pirlo or anyone in those years of the early 2000s.

Only Zidane pass the boy Biko

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

A criticism of Gazidis is that he picks his battles so carefully he avoids having them at all; that he did not do enough to fight Wenger for so many years and, consequently, the club was allowed to drift. There was the sense he feared that to fall out with Wenger would be to lose his job.

But, as the writing came to be writ larger on the wall for Wenger, Gazidis made his move. He said at the end of the 2015-16 season that the on-field under-achievement had to serve as the “catalyst for change” and, since then he has manoeuvred a clutch of new hires into position.

Arsène Wenger: ‘I haven’t emptied my desk and in a way I am still in shock’

Gazidis has overhauled the structures at the club, with the most important appointments being those of Raúl Sanllehí, the director of football in all but name, and Sven Mislintat, the head of recruitment. Huss Fahmy has come in to handle player contracts and Gazidis has finally realised his vision – the creation of a bespoke support system around the manager, whose role is purely to coach the first team. Emery is merely the final piece in the jigsaw, albeit the pivotal one.

It was a meticulously orchestrated coup and Gazidis carried it off while showing all the respect in the world to Wenger, who has watched virtually all of his people leave the club. It has felt like a plot-line from Gomorrah, the Neapolitan mafia drama. Gazidis was not always the favourite to outlast Wenger. Now, his position looks stronger than ever.
With power comes public profile and Gazidis has never been comfortable with that. He made the decision to step out of the spotlight soon after his appointment at Arsenal, fearing that no good would come from being in the headlines and he very rarely agrees to media interviews.

However, when Wenger’s end-of-season departure was announced on 20 April, it was Gazidis who faced the cameras and journalists. By doing so he put himself front and centre of the club’s new era and he has stepped into the line of fire. Gazidis desperately needs Sanllehí and Mislintat to deliver, let alone Emery. Will it work?

Only time will tell.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ger-wenger

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Love this line I picked from somewhere.
Arsene at Arsenal followed by Emery at the Emirates...
Hope success follows his appointment. Arsenal was a very sorry sight in the last few years especially this past season.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Rwanda isn't mucking around.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why should we keep Cech around again? I'm sure we are building for the future. And Cech is not the future, but the past.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

theYemster wrote:Rwanda isn't mucking around.

Wow well done Rwanda :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cech is just 36. He was okay last season. Will rather spend the funds on defenders. Can always address the goalkeeper situation next season.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
theYemster wrote:Rwanda isn't mucking around.

Wow well done Rwanda :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That's not all. Our leaders can learn something from them. I know some smartass might mention the La Liga thingy but it's not the same thing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Rwanda President has vision and very smart man.
If you switch him with Buhari Nigeria will be a second world country and likely beat countries like Brazil in terms of developed
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Rwanda President has vision and very smart man.
If you switch him with Buhari Nigeria will be a second world country and likely beat countries like Brazil in terms of developed
They will probably harass him and make noise about his topping off the oppositions.
Trust me we are complex in Naija :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

The guy who can't save a penalty.
The guy defenders can't pass the ball to, ... he will get even slower next season and probably more awkward.
At his age, you don't get better. You get slower and worse every day...
Cech looks decent, when you shoot straight at his large frame. If you put the ball 5 yards to the right or to the left, he has no chance.
He has no springs in his legs. It is so obvious, when you see him diving for balls.
His only advantage over Ospina is his height gives the impression that he has better commands of the 18 yards box.
Bepanda
ohenhen1 wrote:Cech is just 36. He was okay last season. Will rather spend the funds on defenders. Can always address the goalkeeper situation next season.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Listening to Emery’s live press conference and hearing a different voice in very stuttering English is a little strange, so I can only wonder what it will be like to the players :laugh:

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bepanda wrote:The guy who can't save a penalty.
The guy defenders can't pass the ball to, ... he will get even slower next season and probably more awkward.
At his age, you don't get better. You get slower and worse every day...
Cech looks decent, when you shoot straight at his large frame. If you put the ball 5 yards to the right or to the left, he has no chance.
He has no springs in his legs. It is so obvious, when you see him diving for balls.
His only advantage over Ospina is his height gives the impression that he has better commands of the 18 yards box.
Bepanda
ohenhen1 wrote:Cech is just 36. He was okay last season. Will rather spend the funds on defenders. Can always address the goalkeeper situation next season.
He saved penalties to win the CL. So you want to get rid of Cech because he can't save penalties. Who do you want as the replacement and for how much? What are you going to do about Cech wages?

zirgam
Egg
Egg

Post by zirgam »

waiting for new players
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Just watched the live press conf - very impressed by Gazidis & Emery. The way they'd those interviews w/o the Press really getting the details plus the fact that Emery has been to the States & back with Gazidis to see Stan & co w/o word leaking out
The impression i'd of Emery's English B4 today was low but he speaks way better than i expected - we've a squad of a zillion languages - it'll be easy.

His 2 Ps - Possession & Pressing - a man after my support. Great start Coach - Welcome.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

@MrArsenicTM
Goal understand that Unai Emery spoke with Arsène before taking the job & he was advised about the areas that need strengthening in the squad.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Rwanda President has vision and very smart man.
They will probably harass him and make noise about his topping off the oppositions.
Trust me we are complex in Naija :lol: :lol: :lol:
A murderer will always be a murderer. No amount of good can wipe out the 20th century genocide he ignited. The blood of those cut down in their youth cry for justice. Justice might be delayed but will surely come.
Last edited by azuka on Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Welcome Unai Emery. You got my support.